ARTC application from UK

Old Feb 4th 2007, 12:14 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ARTC application from UK

Originally Posted by youngy73
if you come to cairns you will be able to work sraight off the plane. depends who you know. lots of dodgy stuff happens up here
the mind boggles!!!
Old Feb 4th 2007, 7:06 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

if you come to cairns you will be able to work sraight off the plane. depends who you know. lots of dodgy stuff happens up here
( to be read with the sound of dueling banjos in the background )

mmm lots of cousins and banjo playin then
Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:31 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
( to be read with the sound of dueling banjos in the background )

mmm lots of cousins and banjo playin then
steady on. it is ,how it is.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 2:43 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

is that in a good way then and not as in steve's imagination

so in theory if you arrive without oz rego in cairns an employer would be willing to take you on and help you get your rego whilst supervising you. i ask cos i am genuinely interested.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 4:37 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

o its not just cairns mate
nerang beats to the same sound
Old Feb 5th 2007, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

He he he
Old Feb 21st 2007, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

sparkiedoo is a jewel in the roughsparkiedoo is a jewel in the roughsparkiedoo is a jewel in the roughsparkiedoo is a jewel in the roughsparkiedoo is a jewel in the rough
Red face Re: ARTC application from UK

ooops didnt answer it all

no you cannot work straight of the plane as it were

you will need a cpr course via australian red cross or st john ambulance
( i have medic first aid and rescue diver via proffesional asociation of dive instructors which they refused to accept must be one of the ones i previoisley listed )
you will need to do a blue card course -- health and safety -- piss easy takes 4 hrs
then with your artc & cpr certs you apply to qld elctrical safty ofice where in due course ( it depends on there next meet day approx every 2 weeks )
you will be issued with a permist to train cert in iether electrical fitter or
mech ( depends on your artc outcome )

mmmm think thats it this time mate

regards steve
what is the diffrence between FITTER / MECH
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sparkiedoo
I think in a nutshell ,with the mech you can do any work,with the fitters you can't do any live work.
cheers Lorri
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 6:59 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by sparkiedoo
fittr or mch which one do you want

no seriously read

http://www.dir.qld.gov.au/electrical...ences/classes/

note this is for qld only as different states have different qualifications
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

note this is for qld only as different states have different qualifications
For everyones info: In SA it doesn't matter which you get
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

gareth99edwards has a brilliant futuregareth99edwards has a brilliant futuregareth99edwards has a brilliant futuregareth99edwards has a brilliant futuregareth99edwards has a brilliant futuregareth99edwards has a brilliant futuregareth99edwards has a brilliant future
Cool Re: ARTC application from UK

Dear All,

Hi I'm Gareth and will be moving to Perth in June providing our Visa is processed at the current speedy rate that all the other Oct 06 applications seem to be going

I have a question regarding the difference between the ARTC classifications.

I went for the Visa 136 MODL the TRA initially assessed me as an Electrician Special Class.
Now I'm going for the australian recognised trade certificate I want to know which would be more useful:

Electrician Special Class or
Electrical Mechanic

I have the skills to apply for both of these.
Which would be more useful for working in the mining environment around Perth and do they both allow me to obtain the A class license?

Many thanks
Gareth
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:01 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thewoodz
is that in a good way then and not as in steve's imagination

so in theory if you arrive without oz rego in cairns an employer would be willing to take you on and help you get your rego whilst supervising you. i ask cos i am genuinely interested.
yes i would agree with that. the situation in cairns is good for sparks at the moment. there is simply that much work and employers are desperate.every major spark in cairns advertised vacancies in the paper this weekend. the bloke i work for has that much work its not funny. he puts daft prices in for work and still wins jobs. just happens that his daft price is not as daft as another blokes. we have got 4 irish backpackers, yes backpackers working for us at the moment. officially there labourers but these guys are doing decks, prewires, fit offs etc. all there work is checked but there still doing the work. if you rocked up to the shed on monday morning my boss would give you a start there and then. i just got back into to sparking in nov 06 after having a 3 year break. took a pay cut to get back into it but 3 months on im on full money and hes just ordered me a brand new ute. i reckon any pom spark i know would be as good as any oz spark, especially seeing the state of some of the younger blokes coming thru. they just dont give a f@#&. it might be the same in the uk i dont know. been outa there 5 1/2 years now.up here in cairns if someone puts a word in for you thats usually good enough for the boss and he will put you on a months trial. the rest is up to you. he would just be happy to get a tradesman started as opposed to a TA which we have a few of at the moment.
ps. you never did pm me Mr Woodz
Old Feb 26th 2007, 5:23 pm
on the Goldie

yes i would agree with that. the situation in cairns is good for sparks at the moment. there is simply that much work and employers are desperate.every major spark in cairns advertised vacancies in the paper this weekend. the bloke i work for has that much work its not funny. he puts daft prices in for work and still wins jobs. just happens that his daft price is not as daft as another blokes. we have got 4 irish backpackers, yes backpackers working for us at the moment. officially there labourers but these guys are doing decks, prewires, fit offs etc. all there work is checked but there still doing the work. if you rocked up to the shed on monday morning my boss would give you a start there and then. i just got back into to sparking in nov 06 after having a 3 year break. took a pay cut to get back into it but 3 months on im on full money and hes just ordered me a brand new ute. i reckon any pom spark i know would be as good as any oz spark, especially seeing the state of some of the younger blokes coming thru. they just dont give a f@#&. it might be the same in the uk i dont know. been outa there 5 1/2 years now.up here in cairns if someone puts a word in for you thats usually good enough for the boss and he will put you on a months trial. the rest is up to you. he would just be happy to get a tradesman started as opposed to a TA which we have a few of at the moment.
ps. you never did pm me Mr Woodz
oh i'm sorry i will get him onto it - he's run off his feet at the mo' cos everyone wants evrything done now they know he's off to oz! if he's not too late tonight consider it done
Old Mar 1st 2007, 2:14 am
Now A UK Ozzie

GaryY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ARTC application

Hi all.

Me and missus have moved to the Sunshine Coast in Qld.

I'm an electrician and I'm in abit of shock at moment, been refused ARTC after reassesment. For the first application I sent all the same stuff as I sent when applying for my tra, which classed me as ' General Electrician '. They said this was'nt enough and I under went a technical interview by phone.

This was 90% theory based ! Now I dont know about you but I'm 43 now and havn't covered theory since my apprenticeship 25 yrs ago !! I've been working as a technical operator for the last 15yrs and emphisis is on "if it an't working replace it". Needless to say didn't pass this, fair enough, but they recommended a book to refresh memory. Bought book and swotted up for a month, then applied for a reassessment. I included a statatury declaration and another letter from work back in UK, and $300 fee, refundable on pass. Received a letter this morning saying I've been turned down again !!!!!! No appeal allowed, case closed. Can only reapply if significant evidence is provided.

I've been a sparky for 25yrs, I came to Australia to work as a sparky, Australia needs sparkies. What can I do now !!!

My advice to all coming out here is do a bit of revision espcially on theory, and make sure you have enough evidence.

To you sparkies working out here, can someone please let me know what I can or have to do now to work as an electrician ? PLEASE.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 6:26 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: ARTC application

Originally Posted by GaryY
Hi all.

Me and missus have moved to the Sunshine Coast in Qld.

I'm an electrician and I'm in abit of shock at moment, been refused ARTC after reassesment. For the first application I sent all the same stuff as I sent when applying for my tra, which classed me as ' General Electrician '. They said this was'nt enough and I under went a technical interview by phone.

This was 90% theory based ! Now I dont know about you but I'm 43 now and havn't covered theory since my apprenticeship 25 yrs ago !! I've been working as a technical operator for the last 15yrs and emphisis is on "if it an't working replace it". Needless to say didn't pass this, fair enough, but they recommended a book to refresh memory. Bought book and swotted up for a month, then applied for a reassessment. I included a statatury declaration and another letter from work back in UK, and $300 fee, refundable on pass. Received a letter this morning saying I've been turned down again !!!!!! No appeal allowed, case closed. Can only reapply if significant evidence is provided.

I've been a sparky for 25yrs, I came to Australia to work as a sparky, Australia needs sparkies. What can I do now !!!

My advice to all coming out here is do a bit of revision espcially on theory, and make sure you have enough evidence.

To you sparkies working out here, can someone please let me know what I can or have to do now to work as an electrician ? PLEASE.

That is bad S**T mate, feel realy sorry for you. Hope someone can sort you out. I cant belive they let you into the country then turn you down like that.

Stu

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.