Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Old Sep 10th 2018, 11:29 am
Just Joined

viv4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

If you have anything like sheffield on your application then you might send a mail to [email protected] for faster response otherwise just wait for the complaint unit.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

PeaceOdoro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Originally Posted by viv4
If you have anything like sheffield on your application then you might send a mail to [email protected] for faster response otherwise just wait for the complaint unit.
@viv4 - Yes the post reference on the refusal letter is SHEFO/ XXXXXX Good idea to FYI the complaint email i sent to the email address you mentioned above?
Old Sep 18th 2018, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

Massive thanks to @ LilyMay for sharing your experience and starting this thread. And a special thank you to @Qwertier for replying to my post and sharing how you followed up your complaint by CC'ing other UK Visa offices. And a very special thank you to @Viv4 for recommending sending an email to [email protected]. Today i received an email from VISAINFO.SHEFO stating that the decision to refuse my visa application has been overturned. I have been asked to go and submit my passport to the VAC centre.
Old Sep 18th 2018, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

LilyMay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Qwertier
Hi LilyMay,

Thank you so much for sharing this and giving us hope!

You mention you were emailed by the BKK UVKI office - are you referring to the Bangkok UKVI Office? If so, is there any way I can get a direct contact to get in touch with?

Many thanks
Hello Quertier,

Sorry for my late reply! I have been absolutely busy lately with tidying up all the stuffs in my home country since I got my spouse visa and moving to the U.K. Now been here about a month xxx

For your question, yes it's Bangkok UKVI office but it's from visa documents requested to send my supporting documents for the complaint and it said not to contact them for other purposes. I'm sure they will contact you within 20 working days as they say. (They contacted me around 20 days. I even almost forgotten about it as I didn't have any successful examples and so I didn't put much hope in it though I did my best)

Wish you every good luck!
LilyMay
Old Sep 18th 2018, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PeaceOdoro
Massive thanks to @ LilyMay for sharing your experience and starting this thread. And a special thank you to @Qwertier for replying to my post and sharing how you followed up your complaint by CC'ing other UK Visa offices. And a very special thank you to @Viv4 for recommending sending an email to [email protected]. Today i received an email from VISAINFO.SHEFO stating that the decision to refuse my visa application has been overturned. I have been asked to go and submit my passport to the VAC centre.
Hello PeaceOdoro,

Such a great news! Very happy for you and my absolute pleasure!

LilyMay
Old Sep 18th 2018, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by viv4
@LilyMay. Thanks for this great information. I have a similar issue. ECO made a mathematical error while converting my yearly income in my country currency to GBP currency and he used that error made by him to refuse me visa. Please does it take up to 20 working days before they respond to mail or can it take less than that number of days?
Hello viv4,

Hope you already got a reply from them! It took them 20 BD to reply to me but as you might already seen others got theirs in less than 2 weeks. Wishing you all the best luck!

LilyMay
Old Sep 21st 2018, 7:11 am
Just Joined

TeeTal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello @peaceodoro, was your application a visiting visa? I am very frustrated at the moment. The ECO totally ignored my bank statement from Nigeria and my payslips yet refused me on the grounds that I haven't shown any evidence that I earn an income in Nigeria. Kindly advise on how you went about your complaint. Thank you
Old Sep 21st 2018, 7:46 am
Just Joined

Abbyy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LilyMay
Hello ms19 and Adisaolubusayo,

This is the email I got from the team when I lodged my complaint for the first time.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email of xxx July,

Any queries relating to making an application outside of the UK are not handled by this mailbox and so you will not receive a response. If you have a question about coming to the UK or about an application you have already submitted outside of the UK.

where you will find the relevant contact details for contacting the international enquiry team.

Yours sincerely,

UK Visas and Immigration

And, here is my reply.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to clarify that I am not inquiring about visa status but lodging a complaint about refusal decision on my visit visa application

Please kindly accept my complaint!

Yours sincerely,
XXX

I hope you both hear back from the team very soon xxx
hello Lily may, your explanations has gone a long way in helping me. Thank you. I received my visa refusal in July and I used your explanation to make a complaint. I used the same subject you used for you email for mine, when I got the response that the email isn't for such purposes, I should send email to international enquiry...blah blah. I followed your method also and sent a similar email back to them, stating I was making a complaint and not making enquiries..etc. And after three weeks, I was recently asked to resend my supporting documents, they said my initial email had nothing attached to it which is a barefaced lie but now I just want to know whether you experienced something like that? Do you think I should keep hoping? And also did you get any call from Sheffield? Thank you, you've been of immense help to me and I'm sure, everyone too.
Old Sep 21st 2018, 7:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ms19
Hi,

he recieved his passport with visa yesterday
hello ms19, did he just have to resubmit his passport? Or did you have to reapply? And can you please detail the process
Old Sep 21st 2018, 8:20 am
Just Joined

Qwertier is an unknown quantity at this point

Update on my case - the reconsideration request was granted, but a re-refusal was issued.

My application was sent to the New Delhi Unit as all applications from Thailand are now sent there. All the emails from New Delhi were vague and confusing, using terminology such as "We will reply in due course", and full of grammatical and spelling errors.

So, in addition to staying in contact with them, I also contacted the main UKVI office through the complaints and contact centre. They emailed me about a week after being emailed by New Delhi saying I should submit further information and gave me New Delhi's email, but in no way did they specify what information I was to give.

So I re-sent the reasons as to why the refusal was incorrect. I made clear to specify that I was not providing any fresh information as this was against the rules of reconsideration requests. I also asked them why I was asked to give further information (as they had already received this information), and if they could clarify what else they needed.

Two weeks with no response, I sent New Delhi another email asking them to acknowledge my email and respond to me about what information I was asked to provide. They said there was nothing I needed to provide. Less than 24 hours later, I got a re-refusal for the most absurd reasons, with the letter going something along the lines of "we have decided to stand by our decision due to the further information which you did not provide".

Now I have dealt with alot of organizational and governmental bodies who, even when they make errors, are ready to admit their mistakes and find fair and just solutions for everyone. UKVI seriously needs to take a look at the people they are hiring in New Delhi's Casework Unit because this is absolutely ridiculous, unjustifiable and completely unprofessional. The whole process took 56 working days/3 months.... but the worst part about it? Not a single one of their communication attempts did not have spelling and/or grammatical errors. For god's sake, you're representing England, learn how to use English.

Once I manage to pull myself out of this mental slump I have dug myself into, I will definitely be proceeding action via a complaint in the hopes that this does not continue occurring to other people. I frankly no longer have any interest in anything to do with this country and their government. I wish everyone here the best of luck.
Old Sep 21st 2018, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Qwertier
@PeaceOdoro - they did eventually reply, just under two weeks from when I first contacted them. However, I also cc'd other avenues, including the email address for the relevant casework unit and British High Commission. In addition, I emailed the contact center on the recurring email thread I had with them. I can see from the communication log they sent me, that one of their team contacted the relevant casework unit, adding a note for my reconsideration request, which I promptly got a reply from them acknowledging receipt of my emails.

About a week after that, I was emailed saying they would be reconsidering my application, and that they aim to process reconsiderations within a month. Been waiting a week now; will keep you updated.

Hope that helps, best of luck!
hello qwertier, please can you post the email addresses of all the other avenues you cc'd? Thank you
Old Sep 21st 2018, 8:56 am
Just Joined

Massive thanks to @ LilyMay for sharing your experience and starting this thread. And a special thank you to @Qwertier for replying to my post and sharing how you followed up your complaint by CC'ing other UK Visa offices. And a very special thank you to @Viv4 for recommending sending an email. Today i received an email from VISAINFO.SHEFO stating that the decision to refuse my visa application has been overturned. I have been asked to go and submit my passport to the VAC centre.
This is such good news, congratulations! Please how long did the whole process take. And is there any pointer you can give me on how to go about this? Thanks
Old Sep 21st 2018, 11:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Abbyy
This is such good news, congratulations! Please how long did the whole process take. And is there any pointer you can give me on how to go about this? Thanks
1st September - Emailed Visa refusal complaint to Complaint email address provided on the thread
4th September - Got automated email "Any queries relating to making an application outside the UK.....
4th September - i replied that i am not inquiring about a visa application status but lodging a complaint. Got no reply from them after this
10th September - FWD the complaint email i sent on the 4th to [email protected] as suggested by @viv4
18 September - got decision to refuse visa has been overturned email from VISAINFO.SHEFO

All the best!!
Old Sep 21st 2018, 11:47 am
Just Joined

TeeTal is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Wow, sent my complaints mail last night and I got a response this morning. My application is being reassigned to an ECO for consideration. I'm impressed
Old Sep 21st 2018, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TeeTal
Oh Wow, sent my complaints mail last night and I got a response this morning. My application is being reassigned to an ECO for consideration. I'm impressed

That's a first. You got really lucky! All the best

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.