Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Old Dec 31st 2018, 8:31 am
Just Joined

Vietnamese is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Originally Posted by Warda123
They only request a passport after complaint to issue a visa not for rerefusal. They send in the rerefusal on email without requesting the passports back.
Thank you. That gives me more hope. Will update the result once available.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

Paddy6r is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Originally Posted by dv11
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience Paddy. I'm in the same situation and am glad that I found this thread. I'm preparing the complaint letter, just want to know which email address did you use to sent the complaint to? This thread mentions 1 complaints email address and another 2 for Sheffield visa office, so a bit confused which one to use?
Would really appreciate if you can guide.

Thanks,
DV
sorry for the late reply, I sent my complaint to [email protected], the chief inspector and my local MP. My partner also sent her complaint to the email address that you have to pay around £5 for.
My partner was emailed to tell her the decision had been overturned and asking her to send her passport back to the processing Centre, she received her passport back (with visa) in around 5 working days.
i was then later emailed from the complaint email with them saying that they apologize and that the visa has now been issued.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

Mran is an unknown quantity at this point

They only request a passport after complaint to issue a visa not for rerefusal. They send in the rerefusal on email without requesting the passports back.
hi warda please tell me which email you used for complaint for Pakistan visa refusal ?
regards
Is filling the complaint form compulsory or we can just write a complaint in email.i m so confused please can someone help?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 9th 2019 at 9:52 pm. Reason: Posts merged - there is an edit button you can use if you think of something you wish to add just after posting.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Nazya_786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aleksandra
May,

Sorry it took me so long to thank you for your reply.

Thank you for all the information you shared! I included all the information you recommended, and basically followed your advice on how to do those forms.
I sent it on the 20th of December and specifically sent them a link to the page that prescribes the procedure so that they don't waste my and their own time replying "You're doing it wrong, go away" ))
Hopefully, I will also manage to get my groundless refusal overturned. In any case, I'll write here about what will happen.
Unfortunately, there are almost no stories on the Internet like yours. This is why what you did is so important (sorry for being overly dramatic, but it was your story that gave me confidence).

I'll be singing Christmas carols with my husband's family via Skype, as usual, and get my piece of the Christmas cake when gets back
Merry Christmas to you too!
Hi
hope your ok
ive had same situation what email did you email for complaints?

Originally Posted by LilyMay
I was quite down at that time, Aleksandra. I couldn't stop crying for many days. When I searched on internet, I found some threads talking about visitor visa refusals, a few of them tried complaint procedure, but unfortunately none of them provided the outcomes of their complaints. I was so lost. That's why I decided to share my story here so that at least I can give a bit of hope for people like you. I do wish you get good news soon. I remember I read somewhere in UKVI's statistics, saying about 18% of visitor refusal decisions were overturned in 2013. (I'm not 100% sure though, you can check it there)

Hang in there! Cheers Aleksandra!

May
Hi May hope your ok
i am very confused as i emailed few places but no success what email did you email to get a reply from
thank you

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 10th 2019 at 3:01 pm. Reason: Posts merged - there is an 'edit' button you can use if you think of another question just after posting.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 9:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nazya_786
Hi
hope your ok
ive had same situation what email did you email for complaints?

Hi May hope your ok
i am very confused as i emailed few places but no success what email did you email to get a reply from
thank you
hi nazya_786

Any luck with the complaint?did you fill in the complaint form or just sent them complaint email?
Old Jan 16th 2019, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Lozbowler is an unknown quantity at this point

This forum is so helpful. I felt so deflated yesterday when I received the refusal, I now have hope.

I’ve just sent a very length and wordy complaint to both Sheffield email addresses and the home
office complaints email. I received a response to both the Sheffield ones, one saying the mailbox will not be looked at and the other saying the mailbox is for internal use Only. What should I do here?
Old Jan 19th 2019, 6:11 am
Just Joined

Hi Madeola, I was refused in October 2018, complained in October 2018. Asked to submite passport after 3 weeks of complaint and after 2 weeks of resubmission we received the passport back in November 2018.
If you study the thread in detail as i did , not everyone reported their passport return timing and if you put down each person posts separately together you will realize in one case it has taken almost 2 Months. So when i resubmitted the passport i though to wait for 2 months but i got the passport after 2 weeks. The email of UK visas says that donot bother the collection centre for passport as they will contact you when the passport is ready.
That being said in another case on another forum the person receievd no email or call and he just went to collection centre and the collection centre said to him that we rang you a few days ago but you didnt pick up and his passport was ready there.
i will suggest either be patient or just check with the collection centre where you resubmitted the passport. Or while they are making further checks to issue the visa/ passport you can request to get your passport back for traval purpose. I think they make further checks and can make them at any stage unless the passport comes back with stamp but if it was me i would not send in another complaint to get back the passport with visa only try to get the passport back for travel as that is your right for the time being and they may send it with the stamp.
Hi Warda, may I ask when you were asked to resubmit your passport, did they tell you that the decision was overturned? When i came to VFS to resubmit mine, they seemed to be confused when reading the email bangkvisa sent me because there was not a word like “overturned”. Therefore, they marked it as an “open case”. It’s been a week now and I haven’t heard anything. I’m really nervous 😟
Old Jan 21st 2019, 11:50 am
Just Joined

Has anyone else emailed the home office email address that charges £5? I emailed them last Wednesday 16th and the year say they will respond within 2 working days and still nothing. Total rip off to charge to send an email that they don’t even reply to!
last week I had a bit of hope after reading people’s success stories here, but niw I’m just feeling like it will happen for everyone else accept for me like always
Old Jan 21st 2019, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lozbowler
Has anyone else emailed the home office email address that charges £5? I emailed them last Wednesday 16th and the year say they will respond within 2 working days and still nothing. Total rip off to charge to send an email that they don’t even reply to!
last week I had a bit of hope after reading people’s success stories here, but niw I’m just feeling like it will happen for everyone else accept for me like always
I did email to the email address that charges GBP 5 and they got back to me the same day. However, they told me that they had no right to interfere with the immigration decision and suggested that i should reapply. Then I replied saying that it would be unfair for me if i had to re-apply when it was someone else's mistake.
I think that what you can do now is following the OP's method which is to send a complaint which you can find the email address in this thread.
I got my visa today after a month since the refusal.
If you think that the ECO rejected you by their own mistake, dont give up asking for justice.
Best of luck.
Old Jan 21st 2019, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Vietnamese
I did email to the email address that charges GBP 5 and they got back to me the same day. However, they told me that they had no right to interfere with the immigration decision and suggested that i should reapply. Then I replied saying that it would be unfair for me if i had to re-apply when it was someone else's mistake.
I think that what you can do now is following the OP's method which is to send a complaint which you can find the email address in this thread.
I got my visa today after a month since the refusal.
If you think that the ECO rejected you by their own mistake, dont give up asking for justice.
Best of luck.
I have emailed the complaints email address as well. Yes it was definitely home office mistake. I emailed the complaints email address on the same day (last Wednesday). So did you email backwards and forwards a few times before they agreed to issue the visa? Also did you have to resend all your documents? I am worried about this as a few documents we sent were originals, plus translations that cost a lot of money. They kept all the documents so I don’t want to have to waste all that money again...
thank you so much for your reply!
Old Jan 21st 2019, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lozbowler

I have emailed the complaints email address as well. Yes it was definitely home office mistake. I emailed the complaints email address on the same day (last Wednesday). So did you email backwards and forwards a few times before they agreed to issue the visa? Also did you have to resend all your documents? I am worried about this as a few documents we sent were originals, plus translations that cost a lot of money. They kept all the documents so I don’t want to have to waste all that money again...
thank you so much for your reply!
Yes, they emailed me asking for more details for escalation such as applicant name, GFW number, date of birth, etc. Without being asked, I attached some major documents which were ignored at the first place. However, they didn't keep any of my documents, but just scanned them and returned to me when i submitted my application at VFS. Therefore, i only scanned them again to send them back. I dont think that you need to send all the documents again because they already have them in their system. You may only need to send some major ones that you think that they need to look through again.
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Yes, they emailed me asking for more details for escalation such as applicant name, GFW number, date of birth, etc. Without being asked, I attached some major documents which were ignored at the first place. However, they didn't keep any of my documents, but just scanned them and returned to me when i submitted my application at VFS. Therefore, i only scanned them again to send them back. I dont think that you need to send all the documents again because they already have them in their system. You may only need to send some major ones that you think that they need to look through again.
i have emailed them on 9/1/19 and just received the automated reply instantly .Nothing else since then.When did they reply to you all in how many days?

Old Jan 23rd 2019, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mran

i have emailed them on 9/1/19 and just received the automated reply instantly .Nothing else since then.When did they reply to you all in how many days?

Did you write to the email which costs £5? They got back to me the same day even though they said that they would have replied in 2 working days.
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 10:26 am
Just Joined

Did you write to the email which costs £5? They got back to me the same day even though they said that they would have replied in 2 working days.
no I used the standard complaint email address.But now thinking shall I write to £5 one too.Also what is the process for that do we just fill in the form on their website or send them proper complaint letter?thanks for quick reply
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mran

no I used the standard complaint email address.But now thinking shall I write to £5 one too.Also what is the process for that do we just fill in the form on their website or send them proper complaint letter?thanks for quick reply
Fill in the form on their website, that’s how it works. Try to state major things that you want them to notice. When they get back to you, you can send complaint letter and supporting documents by then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.