Spouse visa delays 2018?

Old Oct 20th 2018, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

Mrs.E is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I would like to know if any you applied for spouse got delayed for 10 months

Originally Posted by Bigfisha
Oh cool, as long as you have supplied all relevant docs in a clear and concise manner, I don't think there will be any issues.

Just for reference I supplied the following:

12 months bank statement (letter from bank to state they are genuine)
6 months pay slip (signed and stamped by my company)
Intro letter from me (how we met, why I want her here etc)
My house deed/ mortgage letter
Photos of my house (I did not spend money on a housing report)
Her English test cert
Her criminal background check cert
Our marriage book
About six A4 pages of our photos and captions (family, trips, gifts, wedding)
My flight tickets to Turkey
Airbnb receipts in Turkey
Car hire receipts in Turkey
About 6 pages of WhatsApp chat log (picked random days from last 2 years)
Some screenshots of our Skype calls, Spotify playlist

Thats about it. I didn't create another photo-copied bundle for the officer as some forums suggest to do, the home office doesn't ask for this so why waste paper

Hope it helps.
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your checklist!
Very helpful and very much appreciated
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 11:44 am
Just Joined

Dran is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Online application 18.12.2017
Biometric 27.12.2017
Not straight forward 27.03.2017
still waiting for decision almost 10 months no decision is anyone in similar situations
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

Bigfisha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dran
Online application 18.12.2017
Biometric 27.12.2017
Not straight forward 27.03.2017
still waiting for decision almost 10 months no decision is anyone in similar situations
Would be good to know a little more info about your circumstances, like what country you applied? job/finance criteria met? support evidence sent? children involved? etc...
Old Oct 25th 2018, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

Country applied from Sri Lanka,job finance everything is met,supporting documents were also sent like you mentioned on your post earlier
Old Oct 26th 2018, 2:59 am
Just Joined

Enya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dran
Country applied from Sri Lanka,job finance everything is met,supporting documents were also sent like you mentioned on your post earlier
Hi I applied from Sri Lanka as well. Waiting since June . Today marks the 102 working day.
Old Oct 27th 2018, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Hopefully you will get yours soon
Old Oct 27th 2018, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Enya is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks and I wish you the same
Old Oct 29th 2018, 5:51 am
Just Joined

Cyvalerio is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I have applied for UK Spouse Visa. We have sent the documents June 25 and I have received an email saying our online application has been recieved on July 15, 2018 and recieved Not straightforward email on Sept 5 ,2018. I haven’t heard from them since. The agony + anxiety is consuming me. I have read the thread and it seems most of you has phoned HO for status. I haven’t so my husband will try to call them today its been 4 months and counting. My husbands birthday would be on 12/25 christmas day and his only wish and gift would be having me there with him.
Old Oct 29th 2018, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Eric1956 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cyvalerio
Hello, I have applied for UK Spouse Visa. We have sent the documents June 25 and I have received an email saying our online application has been recieved on July 15, 2018 and recieved Not straightforward email on Sept 5 ,2018. I haven’t heard from them since. The agony + anxiety is consuming me. I have read the thread and it seems most of you has phoned HO for status. I haven’t so my husband will try to call them today its been 4 months and counting. My husbands birthday would be on 12/25 christmas day and his only wish and gift would be having me there with him.
Processing times vary for each country. Have you looked at GOV.UK 'visa-processing-times' page for your country? My wife's spouse visa is now 106 working days since her biometrics in Kiev, Ukraine. GOV.UK only states visit processing times for Kiev, showing up to 120 working days.
Old Oct 29th 2018, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Cyvalerio is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eric1956
Processing times vary for each country. Have you looked at GOV.UK 'visa-processing-times' page for your country? My wife's spouse visa is now 106 working days since her biometrics in Kiev, Ukraine. GOV.UK only states visit processing times for Kiev, showing up to 120 working days.
Yeah, I just checked Gov.uk. It say’s customer applying for settlement, 12-24 weeks which is 3-5 months.
I am applying from Philippines. Im on my 4th month. My husband phoned the number at Gov.uk where you can ask status of the visa, they have escalated it and said I should be recieving an email stating the status of the application.

Hope your wife gets the visa anytime soon .
Old Oct 29th 2018, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Nab786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gtr01
With regards to the final stages email. I received one on 29th March and have still not had a decision made on my application. It appears 'final' stages does not really mean a decision is necessarily imminent
hi
when you say it says final stages where is that? Is it on the ukvisa4 site? Mine is showing complete??
aby ideas what that exactly means?

Regafds
Old Oct 30th 2018, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Fins7288 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

I submitted my application for UK settlement visa from India on 8th August 2017.
Refused my application on Sept 2017
Appealed in October 2017
Paid the court fee in Dec 2017
Hearing date on July 6th 2018
Decision overturned by the judge on 26th July 2018
Paid my IHS on 2nd October 2018
Submitted my passport on 3rd October 2018
Sheffield said to VFS Chennai that the visa has been already despatched on 26th October 2018
Still no response from VFS Chennai for collection.

May I know how long will it take still?

Any one on same boat? Can anyone assist me in this regards?
Old Oct 31st 2018, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Enya

Hi I applied from Sri Lanka as well. Waiting since June . Today marks the 102 working day.
Have you heard anything from them yet?
just spoke to someone at the mp office and they said going to look into it. Biometric on 27-12-2017 still no decision.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Kartoshki is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!
My husband applied for his spouse visa on 7th August 2018 and had an interview in Sao Paulo on 10th August, during which they scanned all 487 pages of our documents and application form to be sent to Sheffield. On 4th October my solicitor received a message from the Home Office claiming that they had not received any supporting documents at all, so he posted the same 487 pages that they had previous seen and scanned. On 19th October they contacted him again to say that they were missing appendix 2 of the documents (which they had now had twice), so he sent this to them again. Since then nothing and no decision. I am wondering if these claims of missing documents are some kind of stalling tactic?
It is now 12 weeks since the date of the interview and over 14 months since we have been living apart, due to these draconian laws. Does anyone else have similar delay issues from Sao Paulo? The UK Gov "Visa Processing" time for Brazil states 30 days to process these visas; a target which they have obviously already missed.

Last edited by Kartoshki; Nov 1st 2018 at 2:46 pm. Reason: incorrect date
Old Nov 1st 2018, 3:07 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kartoshki
Hello!
My husband applied for his spouse visa on 7th August 2018 and had an interview in Sao Paulo on 10th August, during which they scanned all 487 pages of our documents and application form to be sent to Sheffield. On 4th October my solicitor received a message from the Home Office claiming that they had not received any supporting documents at all, so he posted the same 487 pages that they had previous seen and scanned. On 19th October they contacted him again to say that they were missing appendix 2 of the documents (which they had now had twice), so he sent this to them again. Since then nothing and no decision. I am wondering if these claims of missing documents are some kind of stalling tactic?
It is now 12 weeks since the date of the interview and over 14 months since we have been living apart, due to these draconian laws. Does anyone else have similar delay issues from Sao Paulo? The UK Gov "Visa Processing" time for Brazil states 30 days to process these visas; a target which they have obviously already missed.
Sending 487 pages probably doesn’t help your cause. There’s no mention of the processing times for spouse visas lodged in Brazil so I’m not sure where you are getting 30 days from. Three to six months is roughly what you should be expecting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.