Spouse visa delays 2018?

Old Oct 8th 2018, 11:02 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by jxm
sorry I don't understand what you meant when you said about my circumstances are to blame!!! Its home office I guess to blame where they are just sitting on the application and don't even bother to let us know if there is any problem with the application or they just don't have enough staff to process. Its their incompetency and they are not being honest about their circumstances and how behind they are . I am sure they haven't even opened our file otherwise they would have at least contacted us for more information or made the decision by now.
And which passport does your husband hold?
Old Oct 8th 2018, 11:09 pm
jxm
Just Joined

jxm is an unknown quantity at this point

Kenya, By the way are you a solicitor or an applicant

Last edited by jxm; Oct 8th 2018 at 11:11 pm. Reason: add
Old Oct 8th 2018, 11:11 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jxm
kenya
And were you born in the UK?
Old Oct 8th 2018, 11:18 pm
jxm
Just Joined

Why are you asking these questions? does this make any difference when you apply for visa?
Old Oct 8th 2018, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by jxm
Why are you asking these questions? does this make any difference when you apply for visa?
Of course. If your circumstances mean you are a higher risk then you will be assessed accordingly which usually means it will take longer to process your application.
Old Oct 9th 2018, 1:54 am
Just Joined

acd214 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Of course. If your circumstances mean you are a higher risk then you will be assessed accordingly which usually means it will take longer to process your application.
I submitted my application and biometrics for spouse settlement visa on the 30th October 2017 the last time they emailed me was on the 23rd January 2018.I can't force a decision so I'm willing to wait as patiently as I can as difficult as that is. But I have a problem with everything you come down on the side of the UKVI as if they are without sin and it must be something wrong in the applicant's current or past life. I'm sure you must know like the rest of us that the Non-straightforward email is a delay tactic for most Non-Priority applications, or are you so blinded by bias
Old Oct 9th 2018, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by acd214
I submitted my application and biometrics for spouse settlement visa on the 30th October 2017 the last time they emailed me was on the 23rd January 2018.I can't force a decision so I'm willing to wait as patiently as I can as difficult as that is. But I have a problem with everything you come down on the side of the UKVI as if they are without sin and it must be something wrong in the applicant's current or past life. I'm sure you must know like the rest of us that the Non-straightforward email is a delay tactic for most Non-Priority applications, or are you so blinded by bias
The ‘non-straightforward’ email is very often a delaying tactic but if you’re been waiting a year then it’s your circumstances that will be holding your application up. The Home Office hasn’t just decided to sit on your application arbitrarily. As for supposed bias, I have no dog in the fight, whereas you obviously do.
Old Oct 9th 2018, 7:42 am
Just Joined

acd214 is an unknown quantity at this point

The ‘non-straightforward’ email is very often a delaying tactic but if you’re been waiting a year then it’s your circumstances that will be holding your application up. The Home Office hasn’t just decided to sit on your application arbitrarily. As for supposed bias, I have no dog in the fight, whereas you obviously do.
not having a dog in the fight does not mean you are not bias,and as for me in case you missed it I have accepted the wait as I wrote earlier, and I have not called to escalate or harasse the UKVI .What I was addressing is your responses to others and how one sided they are
Old Oct 9th 2018, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by acd214
not having a dog in the fight does not mean you are not bias,and as for me in case you missed it I have accepted the wait as I wrote earlier, and I have not called to escalate or harasse the UKVI .What I was addressing is your responses to others and how one sided they are
It’s a statement of fact, not opinion. High risk circumstances lead to lengthier processing times. Me saying “Boo, hiss, evil Home Office” would be both disingenuous and unhelpful.
Old Oct 9th 2018, 12:40 pm
jxm
Just Joined

Regardless of what the circumstances are , the decision should be made whether approval or rejection. Keeping applicants waiting without any further information is unfair. It's very clear HO has centralised the process in sheffield and they can't handle the volume. It's simple. We are away from our spouses and this is preventing us to live a family life. They should have proper resources to handle the applications . The funny thing is in their email they say no time frame . What does that mean should we wait for 5-6 years or What???? Very unprofessional.
Old Oct 9th 2018, 12:51 pm

You will get a decision. How long it will take is often dependent on factors outside the Home Office’s control.
Old Oct 9th 2018, 3:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jxm
Regardless of what the circumstances are , the decision should be made whether approval or rejection.
So you'd rather receive a rejection after 2 months than them take 6 months to do extra background checks and then approve you?

All countries do extra backgrounds checks on those from high fraud countries, it's not unique to the UK. And most other countries take an awful lot longer to process spousal visa applications than the UK does.

BiP is probably the fairest person on this forum btw, and one of our amazing forum pros that kindly give up their time for free.
Old Oct 9th 2018, 3:12 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

And were you born in the UK?
Highly doubt it, just look at their level of English.

People love to moan about having to wait 6 months, but if you were applying for a spouse visa for the US you would be looking at a 12 month wait.

So count yourself lucky if you only wait 6 months. Its not a matter of life or death. The sponsor can still visit the applicant while waiting for a decision. All this 'omg the wait is killing me omg I havent seen my spouse in xxx time' is such an overreaction. Get a grip and some perspective.
Old Oct 9th 2018, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by az2014
Highly doubt it, just look at their level of English.

People love to moan about having to wait 6 months, but if you were applying for a spouse visa for the US you would be looking at a 12 month wait.

So count yourself lucky if you only wait 6 months. Its not a matter of life or death. The sponsor can still visit the applicant while waiting for a decision. All this 'omg the wait is killing me omg I havent seen my spouse in xxx time' is such an overreaction. Get a grip and some perspective.
Something the Home Office could do is manage expectations better. If you say 30 business days and it takes six months then people will get aerated. If you say ‘six to twelve months depending on circumstances’ and you get it in five then the praise will fulsome.
Old Oct 9th 2018, 3:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Something the Home Office could do is manage expectations better. If you say 30 business days and it takes six months then people will get aerated. If you say ‘six to twelve months depending on circumstances’ and you get it in five then the praise will fulsome.
+1. It's really not helpful when they give an average processing time for all applications really, because of course somebody from (say, as an example) Nigeria that's only got UKC a year previously will have a much longer wait than the average, but they'll be expecting the timescale given.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.