Spouse visa delays 2018?

Old Jan 31st 2019, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Viha21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Hello...Thanks for reply.My biometrics done on 8th March 2018 in India.
Old Feb 1st 2019, 4:34 am
Just Joined

Tariq hussain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Viha21
Hello...Thanks for reply.My biometrics done on 8th March 2018 in India.
so what i do give me advised
Old Feb 1st 2019, 6:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tariq hussain
so what i do give me advised
I’m sorry but your posts are very hard to understand. What advice did you want? Can you be more specific with your question?
I’d recommend you start your own new thread if you have questions, rather than tacking them on to the end of a chat thread where they may well be missed.

Thanks.
Old Feb 1st 2019, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Hello...Anyone know the HO complaint mail id.
Old Feb 3rd 2019, 11:15 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Viha21
I need my old passport which was submitted to visa office in the month of 8th March 18 to obtain new passport .I tried to contact them but they didn't respond yet.
They can't insert a vignette into an expired passport. Once they've made a decision on your application they'll contact you to replace your passport.
Old Feb 3rd 2019, 11:33 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
They can't insert a vignette into an expired passport. Once they've made a decision on your application they'll contact you to replace your passport.
From Viha's previous posts, I think the problem is that the 'old' passport was submitted with the application in March 2018, this passport subsequently expired in December 2018. Viha has now received a 'decision made' email asking to submit his/her new passport, but he/she need their old passport in order in apply for a new one, and HO has the old one. Viha seems to have made several attempts to contact UKVI asking for guidance with no luck.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 12:02 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
From Viha's previous posts, I think the problem is that the 'old' passport was submitted with the application in March 2018, this passport subsequently expired in December 2018. Viha has now received a 'decision made' email asking to submit his/her new passport, but he/she need their old passport in order in apply for a new one, and HO has the old one. Viha seems to have made several attempts to contact UKVI asking for guidance with no luck.
Indeed, mea culpa. Emails being saved as drafts suggest that's a problem at his or her end rather than with the Home Office. I would suggest sending a letter by whatever method they are asking him/her to submit the passport and see if that gets the desired response.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 12:05 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed, mea culpa. Emails being saved as drafts suggest that's a problem at his or her end rather than with the Home Office. I would suggest sending a letter by whatever method they are asking him/her to submit the passport and see if that gets the desired response.
BiP, the only thing you're 'guilty' of is providing endless, top class and free advice to countless people. With a 100% success rate from what I've seen.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

Actually problem with HO.My mail has been sent to the HO but I could not get acknowledgement of my email recieved by HO.hence thought my mail in the draft.i was recieved mail from VISAINFO.SHEFO on 17th Jan 19.as they mentioned in mail that (The UK decision making centre is currently assessing the application .We are unable to conclude the application at this time as your passport is expired )I'm getting various mail from different mail id it means my file is handling many people.Also on 1st Feb19 recieved mail from UK VISAS AND IMMIGRATION they mentioned in mail that they will get back to me after 15 working day's so again I have to wait .I'm little confused now who is handling my file Day by day I'm in worded condition.
Old Feb 7th 2019, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Traveller72 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a British citizen married to a Thai National I have lived in Thailand with my wife and previously in the Netherlands, she has had several Schengen visitor visas the last being in 2017, I have been working in the UK and Netherlands since August 2018 and will be for the next few years at least so we applied for a settlement visa last year.

Application and docs received at Sheffield on the 23rd July 2018
Received no communication from UKVI since the 23rd July
Escalated in November and received an email stating process ongoing and will be dealt with ASAP.
Involved MP who has contacted the HO and waiting for a response.
Currently 6 months and two weeks since docs received at Sheffield, Biometrics and English test carried out in May.
I can only think that because i have been out of the country myself although have always paid all my tax in uk and my Ltd company is a registered UK company (trading for 8 years with all books up to date ) and plenty of evidence of substantially higher earnings than required but I am not happy that the system seems to be discriminatory and the lack of communication received to understand why things are taking so much longer than the two months i was originally quoted. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 9th 2019, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Traveller72
I am a British citizen married to a Thai National I have lived in Thailand with my wife and previously in the Netherlands, she has had several Schengen visitor visas the last being in 2017, I have been working in the UK and Netherlands since August 2018 and will be for the next few years at least so we applied for a settlement visa last year.

Application and docs received at Sheffield on the 23rd July 2018
Received no communication from UKVI since the 23rd July
Escalated in November and received an email stating process ongoing and will be dealt with ASAP.
Involved MP who has contacted the HO and waiting for a response.
Currently 6 months and two weeks since docs received at Sheffield, Biometrics and English test carried out in May.
I can only think that because i have been out of the country myself although have always paid all my tax in uk and my Ltd company is a registered UK company (trading for 8 years with all books up to date ) and plenty of evidence of substantially higher earnings than required but I am not happy that the system seems to be discriminatory and the lack of communication received to understand why things are taking so much longer than the two months i was originally quoted. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Like you we are waiting for a spousal visa. You may want to consider starting your own thread so the experts in the group can respond. Peoples questions tend to get lost when the threads are old.
Good luck
Old Feb 9th 2019, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

seasord is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I have applied for my wife spouse visa on 6th of July 2018,
i did receive email from Sheffield HO that my case will take long as it is not straight forward
I called HO just before Christmas and they told me decision has been made and my documents will come shortly
10th of Jan I called HO again and than they told me something totally new that my case is awaiting decision, but when I told them before Christmas decision was made and now you telling me awaiting decision, they escalated the case and on 15th Jan I received email from HO that decision has been made and wait for the documents,
After that i didn't receive any update or my documents,
Does anyone know how long can it take for the passport to be return after the decision has been made, its just so frustrating,
Thank you
Old Feb 10th 2019, 7:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, welcome to BE.

As above, please ask any questions on a seperate thread of your own. This is an old chat thread and questions are likely to be missed tacked on to the end of it.

As it’s a thread about the former delays in processing and not really relevant anymore, I’m going to close it now so that those needing advice on other issues can’t post on it.

Good luck.