Spouse visa delays 2018?

Old Apr 16th 2018, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

AnnF is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa delays 2018?

Hi there!

I would like to know if any of you that applied for spouse visa (non priority) in 2018 have received a delay email from Sheffield?

I appreciate any answer.
Thanks !
Old Apr 17th 2018, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

adi16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Yes I got an email on 15/03/18 saying that my application is NOT Straightforward and will take longer than usual. I applied on 21/12/2017
Still waiting
Old Apr 17th 2018, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by adi16
Yes I got an email on 15/03/18 saying that my application is NOT Straightforward and will take longer than usual. I applied on 21/12/2017
Still waiting
Hi Adi!
What day did you take the biometrics?
Old Apr 17th 2018, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

Biometrics on 21/12/17, documents sent on 29/12/17, documents received by Sheffield and confirmation email on 4/01/2018. Then on 15/03/2018 received "NOT straightforward" email. After that nothing...... Waiting
Old Apr 17th 2018, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Uxbridge219 is an unknown quantity at this point

Biometrics on 21/12/17, documents sent on 29/12/17, documents received by Sheffield and confirmation email on 4/01/2018. Then on 15/03/2018 received "NOT straightforward" email. After that nothing...... Waiting
wow .... Adi16, your case has been stuck for a long long time!
hope it can be resolved ASAP.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

Yes it has been a long time..... I will call HO today. Lets see.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

Hope they give you a good answer ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ Good luck!
Old Apr 17th 2018, 7:27 am
Just Joined

hbhb77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AnnF
Hi there!

I would like to know if any of you that applied for spouse visa (non priority) in 2018 have received a delay email from Sheffield?
We haven't had any emails but we paid priority and are on day 44 since the documents received in Sheffield email.

Was the email you got the 'not straightforward' email or a different one?
Old Apr 17th 2018, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

takhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,

I am on the same ship. I have submitted my application and done biometric I beleive on 29th Dec 2017. The documents were received by UKVI on the same day as they were scanned at Application center.

I got a Not Straightforward email on 20 Mar 18. My wife (sponsor) had an interview on the Telephone, asked some work and relationship related questions, and was told that the application will be sent for Decision making. Since then, have not heard anything.

Still Waiting... thinking to ask my wife to involve MP in the case.
Old May 16th 2018, 8:49 am
Just Joined

komzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!
Biometrics on 16th February 2018 (Lagos, Nigeria), mail confirming receipt of docs in Sheffield on 01/03/2018, No feedback till date ...76 days and counting.
Old May 16th 2018, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

AnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond repute

Did you call the HO
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Mrs Rose is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I just came across this part of the forum. I have been reading some of your timelines and I am in the same position as you. Has any of you received decisions as yet? If yes how long did it take??

I applied on February 27th, Biometrics on March 2nd and i am still waiting for a reply. Received a non straightforward email on the 57th working day. I have also escalated twice. Received an email on the 12th of June to say it is in the final stages and a decision will be made soon. Does anyone know what soon is?
Any information on this will be appreciated
Old Jun 25th 2018, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

karenmonaghan is an unknown quantity at this point

This may or may not be useful but this site helped with my stress levels last year when my husband was applying for a spousal visa so I wanted to try to pay it back. He had huge difficulty in getting any information about his application; he received conflicting information about what was going on with his application and received several emails saying that his application was delayed as his situation was complicated. His/our situation was not at all complicated - I am a UK citizen, we have been married for 17 years (so unless he's playing a very long game, I don't think he married me to get into the uk), we have no children and we more than meet the financial criterion. My husband started his application in February 2017 and received his visa in October 2017. I think the problem is that the Home Office was swamped with applications after the Brexit vote and just can't cope with the volume. I hope that you hear something soon.
Old Jun 25th 2018, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

Paolo1577 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AnnF
Hi there!

I appreciate any answer.
Thanks !

applied February 28, 2018
biometrics same day.
Paid to keep my passport = not eligible for priority application
documents received in Sheffield March 3rd
email saying application is NOT straightforward on May 23
email saying visa has now been assessed and passport needs to be submitted on June 21
submitted passport on June 25

waiting.....
impatiently...
day number... I donโ€™t know anymore
Old Jun 27th 2018, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

gtr01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrs Rose
Hi all,

I just came across this part of the forum. I have been reading some of your timelines and I am in the same position as you. Has any of you received decisions as yet? If yes how long did it take??

I applied on February 27th, Biometrics on March 2nd and i am still waiting for a reply. Received a non straightforward email on the 57th working day. I have also escalated twice. Received an email on the 12th of June to say it is in the final stages and a decision will be made soon. Does anyone know what soon is?
Any information on this will be appreciated
With regards to the final stages email. I received one on 29th March and have still not had a decision made on my application. It appears 'final' stages does not really mean a decision is necessarily imminent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.