My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Old Apr 26th 2017, 12:52 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Originally Posted by spidergirl6
It is schengen tourist visa from morocco
Not a Schengen tourist visa, but a Schengen Family Member of an EU national visa. If you tick the tourist visa box, you'll get the wrong visa.

SO will he be ok to stay in the country while i try and do the residance
He HAS to be resident in Malta with you, and he'll have the same right to live and work as you do under EU rules.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

spidergirl6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Am not sure if he can get a schengen family member visa from his country .Do you know the link for the visa form for malta.He will be with me in malta but i want to make sure its ok for him to stay while his residance is being done .
Old Apr 26th 2017, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

so on the schengan visa does he tick the box visting family or friends
Old Apr 26th 2017, 2:15 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Am not sure if he can get a schengen family member visa from his country .Do you know the link for the visa form for malta.He will be with me in malta but i want to make sure its ok for him to stay while his residance is being done .
Why wouldn't he get a family member Schengen visa?

It appears that there is no Maltese Embassy in Morocco, but the Italian Embassy will issue them for Malta. But I suggest confirming with the Maltese Ministry of Foreign Affairs first. Their contact details are here

The application form is here, and for EU family member applications, tick 'other' at Q21 and write 'Family member of EU national' in the question box. Then don't answer any question marked *.

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; Apr 26th 2017 at 2:18 pm.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

I do not think he can stay longer whilst his permit is being processed.
If he already has a schengen tourist visa ( which was issued for three months? by which country france? which he got in Morrocoo) which runs out in a month, then as far as I understand, he needs to leave the schengen area for three months and re-apply- this time as spouse/family member of an EU National. Why does he have a schengen tourist visa if you are married instead of a schengen family member visa?

schengen visas are issued by EU counries via their embassies in other countries. in morroco its probably the french embassy, they can issue the visa and he can visit any EU country.

however I also suggest if he returns to morroco to avoid overstaying- he could apply for jobs in malta- they do employ and issue a lot of work permits to many non EU/ third country nationals - in the hospitality and also care industry. If he could get a job and work permit you could join him later without so much upheaval and go the residency route.

what country are you both in now? how long have you been married and in what country?

are you doiing this so he can come back to the UK via the surinder singh route? this is already being tightened up so it may not be a long term solution.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

He went and done a tourist visa for spain which in morocco is only for 15 days .We didnt know how to do the ssroute and no am not doing this to get into uk .We have been married 3 years but i cant stand being apart from him .
Old Apr 27th 2017, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

He went and done a tourist visa for spain which in morocco is only for 15 days .We didnt know how to do the ssroute and no am not doing this to get into uk .We have been married 3 years but i cant stand being apart from him .
if you have been married three years he could have/ can apply for a schengen visa as a family member of an EU citizen ( you). this would give him a multiple entry visa into the EU any country not just the one that issued the schengen visa ( not the UK)over one or two years. He will need an original of your marriage certificate ( where/ what country were you married in ?) it may need to be translated . possibly Some health insurance- he should ask the embassy. copy of your passport details.

are you living in spain or visiting him in spain now? or UK.? where have you both been living since marriage?

you could then register him for residency in spain with yourself. The SS route can be used to bring in spouses to the uk without the uk visa requirements but it is being tightened up due to Brexit.

to do that First you have to move the centre of your life to an EU country. which means moving your children etc and setting up home. and spend at least a year there before being able to get the paperwork to move back to the UK. How old are your children? are they from this marriage?

If he gets the family visa he could travel to spain or malta and start looking for work options ( before you upheaval yourself). as the spouse of an eu citizen he will be able to work in the EU. again he needs to keep a marriage certificate with him. Does he speak English or french? In malta you need english.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Hi davelovesdee on the schengan visa form what box does he tick for number of entries requested single entry ,two entry , multiple entries. to go to malta
Old Apr 27th 2017, 9:07 am
Account Closed

Hi davelovesdee on the schengan visa form what box does he tick for number of entries requested single entry ,two entry , multiple entries. to go to malta
Any of them.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

this is the official EU site about rights of non EU family members of EU citizens

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens...d/index_en.htm
Old Apr 27th 2017, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

hi how much do you need to prove you are self sufficient 2017 weekly and annualy
Old Apr 28th 2017, 12:27 am
Account Closed

hi how much do you need to prove you are self sufficient 2017 weekly and annualy
Residency in Malta

There are different grounds on which EU/EEA nationals may become ordinarily resident in Malta, including economic self-sufficiency, employment, education and opening a business, the most popular of which are being set out hereunder.

Economic Self-Sufficiency: This criterion requires that such individuals show that they are able to provide for themselves and for their accompanying dependants by being financially stable and not being in need of any financial support from the Maltese government. The current thresholds for EU/EEA nationals are set at a minimum capital of € 14,000 or a weekly income of € 92.32 for single persons, and at a capital of at least € 23,300 or a weekly income of € 108.63 for married couples. Furthermore, an extra €8.15 per week is required per added dependent.

Employment: A second ground on which EU/EEA nationals may obtain ordinary residence in Malta is employment. Hence, an individual must accept offers of employment or seek employment in Malta, work in Malta as an employee or be self-employed. Alternatively, an individual may opt to set up a business in Malta and work for his / her own business.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hi is this true, If the family members of the EU national, are third-country nationals, the EU Member State(s) to or through which travel is intended may require an entry visa, depending on their nationality. This visa should be granted free of charge. These freedoms apply to non-EU national family members only when they accompany the EU national.

When travelling alone, family members who are not EU nationals are not entitled to the visa arrangements mentioned above. Non-EU nationals who wish to travel alone within the EU have to comply with the normal visa requirements for their nationality.so does that mean i have to travel with him.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 4:05 pm
Account Closed

Where did you read this?

Hi is this true, If the family members of the EU national, are third-country nationals, the EU Member State(s) to or through which travel is intended may require an entry visa, depending on their nationality. This visa should be granted free of charge. These freedoms apply to non-EU national family members only when they accompany the EU national.
The bit in bold is correct.

When travelling alone, family members who are not EU nationals are not entitled to the visa arrangements mentioned above. Non-EU nationals who wish to travel alone within the EU have to comply with the normal visa requirements for their nationality.so does that mean i have to travel with him.
Not correct. If they were in one EU country with you and wanted to travel to another EU country without you, it would be correct. But that's not your situation.

Updated : 18/04/2017
Travel documents for non-EU family members

Do they need a visa?

If you are an EU national but you have family members who are not, they can accompany or join you in another EU country.

Your non-EU family members must carry a valid passport at all times and, depending on the country they are from, may also have to show an entry visa at the border.
Applying for a visa

If your non-EU family members need an entry visa, they should apply for one in advance from the consulate or embassy of the country they wish to travel to. If they will be travelling together with you, or joining you in another EU country, their application should be processed quickly and free of charge:

Countries which are members of the border-free Schengen area should issue visas within 15 days, except in rare cases, when the authorities should provide an explanation of their decision.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

If hes joining me what do i state on the invitation letter ,do they ask for proof of employment bank statements from me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.