My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Old Apr 25th 2017, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Originally Posted by spidergirl6
hi i was wondering what is the best heath insurance cover to go with can anyone help .
If you're employed/self-employed, you don't need health insurance.

Expat Health Insurance
Old Apr 26th 2017, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

spidergirl6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is their many jobs in malta or is it many a tourtist place .? I have heard the buses are not great ,and it is overcrowed .I dont want to make the wrong move cause i have 2 kids to think of as well.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

hi i was wondering what is the best heath insurance cover to go with can anyone help .
If you are british you can use the reciprocal health agreement between UK and Malta.. take your passport to the Health dept at st lukes hospital and they will give you a temporary certificate to enclose with your resident card application instead of health insurance. for self sufficient application you need to show savings ( for single person) of at least 14000 euros, cant remember for couples. or a weekly income.. ..

for the non eu partner you can look at the list of insurance companies that is on the st james hospital ( private) website

Insurance Companies | Saint James Hospital Malta
Old Apr 26th 2017, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Is their many jobs in malta or is it many a tourtist place .? I have heard the buses are not great ,and it is overcrowed .I dont want to make the wrong move cause i have 2 kids to think of as well.
here is the new official gov job website

https://jobsplus.gov.mt/

buses not that great now ( the old ones were more reliable) but it depends where you are ... it is a highly densely populated island. but the advantage is that English is an official language as well as Maltese.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Hi thank you angie 329 for the information,still confuse tho so for me to get residence i go along to st lukes hospital .Is it easy for a non eu family member to get residamce ?What is mellieha,qwara,and bugibba like to live in?sorry about all the questions .So is their still jobs in winter out there.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 10:11 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thank you angie 329 for the information,still confuse tho so for me to get residence i go along to st lukes hospital .Is it easy for a non eu family member to get residamce ?
You get the medical certificate from St Luke's.

You apply for residence at Evans building in Valletta.

What is mellieha,qwara,and bugibba like to live in?
Like any seaside tourist town anywhere I've been.

Very packed in the tourist season, very quiet when the tourists have left.

sorry about all the questions .So is their still jobs in winter out there.
Yes.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi thank you angie 329 for the information,still confuse tho so for me to get residence i go along to st lukes hospital .Is it easy for a non eu family member to get residamce ?What is mellieha,qwara,and bugibba like to live in?sorry about all the questions .So is their still jobs in winter out there.
in order to get the resident card ( which your non EU spouse can also get if you the EU citizen are exercising treaty rights- employed, self employed, self sufficient, student ) etc- I am not sure about partners, that is harder if not married.

first you have decide what category you will apply under for the resident card.

if you need a job to live in malta look at the new government job site I linked. you could upload your CV. there are a lot of foreign eastern european nationals who are low paid in hospitality. some work is paid better, it depends what you do.

then you apply for your resident card-
in order to get that ( if you go the self sufficient route) you have to supply evidence of either health insurance or as a Brit the certificate of entitlement.

lots of brits in qawra and buggiba.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

PS Thanks DavelovesDee, our replies crossed....
Old Apr 26th 2017, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

yes i am exercising treaty rights,do i do my husbands residence the same time as me .does it take long to get the residence card?
Old Apr 26th 2017, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

yes i am exercising treaty rights,do i do my husbands residence the same time as me .does it take long to get the residence card?
yes, at the same time, but provided you have sorted out the job etc... or it will be expensive to move here with children unless you are sure of what you can earn here....plus all the info as davelovesdee has listed out in earlier posts.

It can be slow here, maybe up to six months to get a resident card..
Old Apr 26th 2017, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

My husband will only have 1 month on his visa will they extend this while he waits for his residance.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

My husband will only have 1 month on his visa will they extend this while he waits for his residance.
what country issued the visa? what sort of visa is it?

is it a schengen tourist visa?
Old Apr 26th 2017, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

A month or two for the EU national, and up to 6 months for the non-EU.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

It is schengen tourist visa from morocco
Old Apr 26th 2017, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

SO will he be ok to stay in the country while i try and do the residance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.