My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Old Jan 17th 2017, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

From the BBC. Took long enough fro the fraudsters to catch on! Means applications for EEA family permits will now be even more heavily scrutinised.
Thousands use 'fake life' scam to get into the UK - BBC News

Last edited by quiltman; Jan 17th 2017 at 7:08 am. Reason: Spelling went to pot again! Must look at what I type!
Old Jan 17th 2017, 10:35 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman
From the BBC. Took long enough fro the fraudsters to catch on! Means applications for EEA family permits will now be even more heavily scrutinised.
Thousands use 'fake life' scam to get into the UK - BBC News
Thousands of Brits use EU free movement to live and work in Ireland and other EU countries, in the same way that thousands of EU nationals come to the UK to live and work in the UK.

The Surinder Singh route is a legal ruling that means non-EU nationals who've legally lived in another EU country with their UK spouse (who has to have been employed or self-employed) for at least 3 months and 1 day.

If people are getting fake documents to do this (and there are people out there who will offer to supply these documents), they should be stopped. It's a tiny minority who will try this, but it makes things much harder for those of us who strictly follow the correct rules.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 10:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
Thousands of Brits use EU free movement to live and work in Ireland and other EU countries, in the same way that thousands of EU nationals come to the UK to live and work in the UK.

The Surinder Singh route is a legal ruling that means non-EU nationals who've legally lived in another EU country with their UK spouse (who has to have been employed or self-employed) for at least 3 months and 1 day.

If people are getting fake documents to do this (and there are people out there who will offer to supply these documents), they should be stopped. It's a tiny minority who will try this, but it makes things much harder for those of us who strictly follow the correct rules.
Exactly.
'Surinder Singh' is a perfectly legal route if used correctly. The issue lies with people faking documents in order to get round the system. Unfortunately as always those who try and follow the rules get tarred with the same brush as those who brea those rules.
Old Jan 21st 2017, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Yana60 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,
Thanks for all the information on this thread and others, it's very insightful to see what others before me have done to get success in the SS route. I would be very grateful if someone can provide some guidance and/or advice on what to include in the covering letter from me (sponsor). A little info on my background: british citizen want to bring my dependent father to the UK. I have been the financial support for him over the last year (although he is employed but not paid enough to support all his needs). I am thinking of entering a schengen country (denmark) with him and live there for a while - basically do the Surender singh route. I do not know anyone in Denmark so I am stating that the purpose of the travel is to visit Denmark. Please can some of you excellent people out there asssit perhaps with an example letter of what kind of information I should include in the cover letter?

Thanks a lot.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 12:59 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

from the information in the official guidance notes

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...5-12-04_KP.pdf

there is no 'one fits all' cover(ing) letter.

Suggest you google 'EEA family permit cover(ing) letter', or 'EEA family permit support letter EU national' & all the varients of that.

That should make it easier for you

Last edited by not2old; Jan 22nd 2017 at 1:02 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

Yana60 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by not2old
from the information in the official guidance notes

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...5-12-04_KP.pdf

there is no 'one fits all' cover(ing) letter.

Suggest you google 'EEA family permit cover(ing) letter', or 'EEA family permit support letter EU national' & all the varients of that.

That should make it easier for you

Hi there, thanks so much. Do the applicant (i.e. my father) need to provide letter from his employer giving him permission to take holiday? Is this letter from employer essential document? Thanks. Much appreciated.
Old Jan 31st 2017, 6:00 am
Just Joined

kakabueze is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, i am a British citizen moved to Germany 9 months ago with our son British citizen and my Non- EU citizen(He entered germany with a shenghen visa valid for three weeks) and i am exercising my treaty right by working 12hours per week and i have three months pay slips already,we all have AOK health insurance card and registered at the Local authority. We planned to all go back to the UK under surinder singh rule. Can anyone please tell us when and where to apply for the EEA FP and what and what do we need to provide for this? I hope they won't make any problem as my husband visa expired already. Thank you
Old Jan 31st 2017, 10:49 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kakabueze
Hello, i am a British citizen moved to Germany 9 months ago with our son British citizen and my Non- EU citizen(He entered germany with a shenghen visa valid for three weeks) and i am exercising my treaty right by working 12hours per week and i have three months pay slips already,we all have AOK health insurance card and registered at the Local authority. We planned to all go back to the UK under surinder singh rule. Can anyone please tell us when and where to apply for the EEA FP and what and what do we need to provide for this? I hope they won't make any problem as my husband visa expired already. Thank you
Does your non-EU spouse have an Article 10 Residence Card issued in Germany?

Here's the first part of the application for a Family Permit Visa4UK
Old Feb 1st 2017, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Hello, with information gathered
All i need to know now is will it be a problem applying for EEA FP as my husband shenghen visa had expired already? We are planning to apply with my four months payslips and our health insurance card and proof that we live together with our son also a British. Thanks and i will wait your response
Old Feb 1st 2017, 10:28 am
Just Joined

And no he doesn't have EU Card yet, must he possess the card before we can apply for the EEA FP?
Old Feb 1st 2017, 10:35 am
Account Closed

And no he doesn't have EU Card yet, must he possess the card before we can apply for the EEA FP?
He should have applied for an EU RC card to stay longer than 3 months. Before the end of the 3 months.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Thank you and what do you advice we do now?
Old Feb 1st 2017, 10:43 am
Just Joined

We tried to apply then but they said i have to work and if you are familiar with germany, it's a bit hard to get a job to start with and after getting a job we went back and they said my income is a bit small.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute

We tried to apply then but they said i have to work and if you are familiar with germany, it's a bit hard to get a job to start with and after getting a job we went back and they said my income is a bit small.
I suggest you ask that in the Germany forum
Germany - British Expats

I don't see why a small income should be a problem. As long as it is more than zero that should suffice. But don't rely on that view - ask someone who knows for sure.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

prag82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am a British Citizen living in UK. My wife (Indian Passport holder) has UK dependent VISA and she is also working in the UK.

I intend to move to Ireland shortly. Which VISA does my wife need to apply to go to Ireland with me?

1) Can she apply Ireland VISA before I shift to Ireland so that she can travel with me? The INIS website says that she need to apply single visit C visa under "Visa for non-EU/EEA & non-Swiss citizen travelling with EU/EEA/Swiss family"
When I click on form, it has 2 different options - 1) Family member of EU Citizen - Spouse & 2) Join Family (non EEA National - Spouse)

Once I apply entry visa online on Irish visa portal, what are the expected timelines to get entry visa. On some forum they are saying that Ireland is delaying processing visa for more than a year.

So I need help to find out which Visa she need to apply to visit Ireland with me.

Once she is there on "C" visa - Can she work straightaway or she need to wait till temporary stamp?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.