My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Old Apr 17th 2017, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

baig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

My nationality is pakistani n been living in italy for nearly 2 years and now going to apply my spouse visa.we been living together for nearly a month and she has been self employed from this month,so please guide us now thanks.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 2:54 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baig
My nationality is pakistani n been living in italy for nearly 2 years and now going to apply my spouse visa.we been living together for nearly a month and she has been self employed from this month,so please guide us now thanks.
To be able to guide you properly, there are going to be more question, then likely to be other questions based on your responses.

First though, I want to check that I understand your situation correctly.

You've been living together for a month. How long have you been in a relationship together?

You first mentioned applying for an EEA Family Permit. Do you have a EU Residence Card issued by Italy that states Article 10 - Family member of an EEA national?

You now state that you are going to apply for the spouse visa, but you also state your spouse has just begun self-employment. What was she doing before this, as she would need to evidence income for the last 6-12 months.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

We got married last month.at the moment I have just 6 months visas.so now I will apply my 5 years resident card. We havn't got resident card article 10 yet.what is the step by step process for family permit.
Old Apr 18th 2017, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

She was working b4 in london.now she moved her centre of life here in italy.
Old Apr 18th 2017, 6:54 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baig
She was working b4 in london.now she moved her centre of life here in italy.
Working in the UK doesn't count towards doing SS, which is what I presume your intention is.

Your wife needs to be showing 'genuine and effective' work (as in doing something that could/would be done by someone else if they wanted to), and not just work created solely for that person. The self-employment, if being conducted as a business, should comply with local legal requirements (such as business registration, insurance, etc) and your wife needs to keep receipts and invoices showing income and expenditure. A seperate business bank account is probably also a good idea.

And the longer she spends doing self-employment in Italy, the stronger evidence for a future FP application will be. I'd suggest a minimum of 6 months to a year under current guidelines.

You'll also need an Article 10 Residence Card, and a rental lease for wherever you're living together.
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much for your reply .
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

Britpeeps is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Has anyone an idea of current processing time for Surinder Singh applications? We submitted our application at the Munich center March 12 and it's now April 22. The UK.gov site suggests SS applications via Munich take 10 days.

I'm the Brit, my husband of 7 years is the American. We've lived and worked in Germany 6 years, 1 year in Spain before that and have two kids born in Spain and Germany. After 8 years in the EU we hope our eligibility wouldn't be in question and causing any hold-up...

We have our move to the UK booked for July so are eager for the confirmation of course.

Any recent experiences on turn-around time? Or how to contact someone who might shed some light on our application's status? Let us know please.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 4:41 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Britpeeps
Hi all,

Has anyone an idea of current processing time for Surinder Singh applications? We submitted our application at the Munich center March 12 and it's now April 22. The UK.gov site suggests SS applications via Munich take 10 days.

I'm the Brit, my husband of 7 years is the American. We've lived and worked in Germany 6 years, 1 year in Spain before that and have two kids born in Spain and Germany. After 8 years in the EU we hope our eligibility wouldn't be in question and causing any hold-up...

We have our move to the UK booked for July so are eager for the confirmation of course.

Any recent experiences on turn-around time? Or how to contact someone who might shed some light on our application's status? Let us know please.

Thanks in advance.
Application relying on the Surinder Singh ruling will always take longer than 'normal' EEA Family Permits and even more so now since the rules were tightened further. From what you've said it does appear you are eligible so it's just a case of being patient.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

spidergirl6 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi can someone help me ,am moving to malta to do the ssroute what do i need to do first am so confuse by all this .
Old Apr 25th 2017, 11:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spidergirl6
hi can someone help me ,am moving to malta to do the ssroute what do i need to do first am so confuse by all this .
There are slightly different ways of doing it depending on the circumstances.

1a. Are you married?
1b. If not, have you been living together for the last 2 years?

2. Is your spouse/partner a visa-required national? If their country is on this list, they require a Schengen visa to enter Malta.

3. You need to have cleared Maltese immigration before your spouse/partner arrives, or travel to Malta together (my wife and I flew from separate countries to Istanbul and travelled to Malta together from there).

You'll need an apartment rental contract and contract of employment to apply for a social security number, tax number and Maltese Residence Cards for you and your partner.

When you intend to return to the UK together, apply for an EEA Family Permit. The longer you stay together in Malta, the more likely your FP application is to succeed. There have been refusals of people who have been in Malta nearly a year, but it's easy enough to re-apply and addressing the reason(s) for the refusal.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

hi i am married to a non eu citizen .DO you have to travel into malta together ?Also am going to try the self sufficient route for residance .Is it easy to get health cards there.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 3:47 pm
Account Closed

hi i am married to a non eu citizen .DO you have to travel into malta together ?Also am going to try the self sufficient route for residance .Is it easy to get health cards there.
Which nationality is the non-EU?

No, you can arrive before the non-EU on seperate flights, but have to be there before he lands. And it's a good idea to be waiting at the airport (in case immigration have questions for you) for his flight to arrive when he does come.

Self-sufficient is the least easy route for SS. You'll both need health insurance that covers you for the time you're in Malta, and meet the minimum requirements for self-sufficiency.

What health cards?
Old Apr 25th 2017, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

hi can you tell me what the easiest route is for ss then ?
Old Apr 25th 2017, 4:29 pm
Account Closed

hi can you tell me what the easiest route is for ss then ?
The easiest depends on individual circumstances.

Married is less complicated than as unmarried,

Employed is less complicated than self-employed, which is still less complicated than self-sufficient.

What kind of work you're used to doing is a factor in whether employed or self-employed is better for your circumstances.

The time of year is a factor. April to June is better for starting out, November to February/March is the hardest time to start. The weather varies with time of year, hot and dry with occasional thunderstorms in the summer, and cold and wet in the winter.

Malta's biggest employers are hospitality and tourism, and iGaming.

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; Apr 25th 2017 at 4:32 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

hi i was wondering what is the best heath insurance cover to go with can anyone help .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.