Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 26th 2018, 6:14 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Depends on where the vignette is being inserted in the passport and how it’s being sent. British diplomatic mail is notoriously slow.
Old Oct 27th 2018, 1:36 am
Just Joined

len_joseph is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Depends on where the vignette is being inserted in the passport and how it’s being sent. British diplomatic mail is notoriously slow.
Yup, thanks. My application is processed in Bangkok. What a roller coaster of emotion, first it was 60 working days (8x calendar days in mixed feelings), then a bit relieved knowing a decision was made, and then left in the middle of nowhere again soon after. And the second wait is much worse because during the 12 weeks at least we know they are working on our case. Now we totally have no idea what is happening and how longer we will have to wait. It's been 14 working days from the date our decision was made.

Just a wild thought, do you think we should contact my husband's MP and get him involved at this stage?
Old Oct 27th 2018, 1:39 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by len_joseph
Yup, thanks. My application is processed in Bangkok. What a roller coaster of emotion, first it was 60 working days (8x calendar days in mixed feelings), then a bit relieved knowing a decision was made, and then left in the middle of nowhere again soon after. And the second wait is much worse because during the 12 weeks at least we know they are working on our case. Now we totally have no idea what is happening and how longer we will have to wait. It's been 14 working days from the date our decision was made.

Just a wild thought, do you think we should contact my husband's MP and get him involved at this stage?
I’m dubious that an MP can help speed up the bureaucratic process.
Old Oct 27th 2018, 1:59 am
Just Joined

len_joseph is an unknown quantity at this point

I’m dubious that an MP can help speed up the bureaucratic process.
This waiting game is crazy. I can only hope that if it's a vignette, it won't expire by the time I have it in my hand. Cheers.
Old Nov 21st 2018, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Nouman Sarwar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
I am member of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants UK, while applying for UK visa spouse category do i still need to give IELTS exam?
Thanking in advance.
Old Nov 21st 2018, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Nouman Sarwar
Hi there,
I am member of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants UK, while applying for UK visa spouse category do i still need to give IELTS exam?
Thanking in advance.
Yes, unless you hold a passport from a majority English speaking country, hold at least a bachelor’s degree that was taught in English, are over 65, have a physical or mental condition that prevents you from meeting the requirement.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 5:34 am
Just Joined

Yes, unless you hold a passport from a majority English speaking country, hold at least a bachelor’s degree that was taught in English, are over 65, have a physical or mental condition that prevents you from meeting the requirement.
Thank you for sharing the details BritInParis, if my institute in Pakistan issues letter that my education was in Englisgh language will that suffice?
fyi, ACCA states below;

The 2001 syllabus equivalents are: Part 2 is the same standard as a 3 year UK
degree programme, and Part 3 is the same standard as a UK Masters degree.
Completion of the Fundamentals Level of the 2007 syllabus has been equated to the
standard of a UK Bachelors degree. ACCA literature states that the Professional
Level examinations are set to a standard comparable to that required in the final
examination of a UK Masters degree.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 10:37 am

You’d need to have qualifications assessed by NARIC in order to be able to use them to meet the English language requirement. More info here:

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/knowledge-of-english

https://www.naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20nationality/
Old Nov 26th 2018, 9:10 am
Just Joined

You’d need to have qualifications assessed by NARIC in order to be able to use them to meet the English language requirement. More info here:

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/knowledge-of-english

https://www.naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20nationality/
thank you for sharing the details
Old Nov 26th 2018, 9:16 am
Just Joined

Hi All,

Understand that VFS has premium service of "Keep My Passport" which allows candidate to keep passport during the period of application process.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/ae/en/pr...-when-applying

Can anybody advise when do we need to select this premium service? Is it opted while booking VFS appointment or at the day of appointment.
Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 26th 2018, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Jcarcher680 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's been 6 days since I recieved my decision made email and tracking number. So far it's not left Sheffield per the Ups tracker online and the customer service number I called today. My husband contacted our MP today and I sent an enquiry via email. Is there anything else we can do? Anyone else waiting on their personal docs etc after a decision made email? Ugh.
Approved or not, I'd really like MY PASSPORT and all of our personal information back and not floating around out there...
Old Nov 26th 2018, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Jcarcher680 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jcarcher680
It's been 6 days since I recieved my decision made email and tracking number. So far it's not left Sheffield per the Ups tracker online and the customer service number I called today. My husband contacted our MP today and I sent an enquiry via email. Is there anything else we can do? Anyone else waiting on their personal docs etc after a decision made email? Ugh.
Approved or not, I'd really like MY PASSPORT and all of our personal information back and not floating around out there...
Welp. Nvm. It's now on its way per UPS and due here by end of the day on the 28th 🤞🤞🤞 (If you don't see me after the 28th, we were refused and I will be in the depths of despair). Good luck everyone else 👋🏼
Old Nov 27th 2018, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Emmaanfi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,
I need someone advise here. I apply for settlement visa from Nigeria. My wife has receive the documents back on the 20th Nov 2018 after a long time waiting 7 month. I'm still waiting for TLScontact here to contact me to come for my Passport.
Please I will like someone to advise me how long this will take for me to be call for my visa
Thank you,
Emma
Old Nov 27th 2018, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hello everyone,
I need someone advise here. I apply for settlement visa from Nigeria. My wife has receive the documents back on the 20th Nov 2018 after a long time waiting 7 month. I'm still waiting for TLScontact here to contact me to come for my Passport.
Please I will like someone to advise me how long this will take for me to be call for my visa
Thank you,
Emma
Old Nov 29th 2018, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

Hello Sir/Ma
I need some advise here.
I apply for settlement visa in April in Nigeria, My wife receive back the original documents this Month Nov 20th . I have been waiting for UK embassy text message to come and pick up my passport. But I haven't hear anything from then.
Please I will like to know if anyone in the same shoe with me
Thank you,
Emma

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.