Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Nov 29th 2018, 3:01 am
Just Joined

Jcarcher680 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Jcarcher680
Welp. Nvm. It's now on its way per UPS and due here by end of the day on the 28th 🤞🤞🤞 (If you don't see me after the 28th, we were refused and I will be in the depths of despair). Good luck everyone else 👋🏼
Got it! Flying out in a week! Thanks for all of the help advice and reassurance; this forum helped me keep my sanity 😊

I'll be back in about 2 years for help on my ILR! 😉Good luck everyone!!!
Old Dec 5th 2018, 9:45 am
Just Joined

fuvwe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Emmaanfi
Hello Sir/Ma
I need some advise here.
I apply for settlement visa in April in Nigeria, My wife receive back the original documents this Month Nov 20th . I have been waiting for UK embassy text message to come and pick up my passport. But I haven't hear anything from then.
Please I will like to know if anyone in the same shoe with me
Thank you,
Emma
Let your wife call or you can email them. I applied from Lagos in March and my visa came out in August. My husband got his MP involved and they issued the visa after 2 weeks of the MP's involvement. Goodluck
Old Dec 31st 2018, 7:26 am
Just Joined

Lummy is an unknown quantity at this point

I really want to appreciate you all for ur contributions on this platform. Its been really helpful. I'm new on this platform and i wish i'd come across this ealier well-done guyz.
Quick question.
​​​I applied for my spouse visa in November 2018/ non priority. I hv 2 degrees so i obtained Naric certificates to proof my english proficiency.
In my supporting documents i included my Naric certificates but did not include my degree certificates. I hope I'm still on the right track ?.

​​
Old Dec 31st 2018, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Emmaanfi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Sir/ma
Please I need help. I summit my settlement visa in Nigeria since April 6th 2018 and the original documents was sent back to my wife on the 22th of November. I haven't heard anything or receive a email/text message from TLS. I will like to know if anybody have been in this issue before

Thank you,
Emmanuel
Old Dec 31st 2018, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Caz2518 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello ,
I’m new here and have a couple of questions. I’m British , still have my British passport . My husband is American . We’ve been married 18 years and I’ve lived in the US for all that time . Now I want to go back home , my parents are aging and I also have my first grandchild . My questions are ‘what is the vignette I’ve seen mentioned on here ‘ and secondly why do some people collect their passports and some are sent in the mail ? Sorry if they’re silly questions but it all seems rather confusing ! Thanks in advance ,
Old Jan 1st 2019, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Caz2518
Hello ,
I’m new here and have a couple of questions. I’m British , still have my British passport . My husband is American . We’ve been married 18 years and I’ve lived in the US for all that time . Now I want to go back home , my parents are aging and I also have my first grandchild . My questions are ‘what is the vignette I’ve seen mentioned on here ‘ and secondly why do some people collect their passports and some are sent in the mail ? Sorry if they’re silly questions but it all seems rather confusing ! Thanks in advance ,
not a moderator or expert so could be wrong
vignette is the visa
Passports - some people apply at premium centers so their passports are sent back to the premium center for them to pick up once the decision is made.
We don’t live near a premium center so we had to send hubbies passport and docs on to the NY scanning hub they will then mail them back to you once a decision is made ( you have to include prepaid postage when you initially send the docs)
Old Jan 2nd 2019, 12:37 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much , you were very helpful .
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Loulau is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello ,
Hi I believe vignette is the time in which you are allowed to enter the UK or must enter before date. Normally one month from the start of your visa. If you don’t enter before then it creates problems.
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Loulau

Hi I believe vignette is the time in which you are allowed to enter the UK or must enter before date. Normally one month from the start of your visa. If you don’t enter before then it creates problems.
Thank you for your reply . So it means a special trip if house sale, packing etc is not complete ? But then travel between the UK and USA is unlimited ? Apologies for more questions, I’m just trying to foresee what to try and organize etc . Or am I worrying about nothing ?
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 6:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

When you submit your application you will be asked to specify a date when you wish to travel to UK. The vignette will be issued (usually) to start on the date you specify and is valid for 30 days. During these 30 days you enter the UK to pick up your BRP document. You can then leave the UK again to finish up whatever you need to do.
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you for your reply . So it means a special trip if house sale, packing etc is not complete ? But then travel between the UK and USA is unlimited ? Apologies for more questions, I’m just trying to foresee what to try and organize etc . Or am I worrying about nothing ?
We sold our house before applying for my husbands spousal visa was that planned no...it was only on the market 2 days and went under contract.
We are now staying at a friends condo that he does not use.
We also had a dog which was coming with us, so we sent him to England 14 days after my husbands application and before we closed on the house and he is now at my mother’s whom we will live with when we arrive home. The dogs move also had to be coordinated as time lines for vaccinations etc had to be met.
I have found selling a home shipping a dog working and applying for a spousal visa quite stressful, however we are now in a good place.
We are paying the final bills left from our home purging more stuff while waiting for the decision on his visa.
I think it’s a personal decision on how people want to sequence the events however nothing is ever guaranteed and things may not go as we planned.
As sandiego indicated you can dictate when you want to return.
Good luck 🍀

Old Jan 3rd 2019, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
When you submit your application you will be asked to specify a date when you wish to travel to UK. The vignette will be issued (usually) to start on the date you specify and is valid for 30 days. During these 30 days you enter the UK to pick up your BRP document. You can then leave the UK again to finish up whatever you need to do.
Thank you , I understand now .
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Sammy2018

We sold our house before applying for my husbands spousal visa was that planned no...it was only on the market 2 days and went under contract.
We are now staying at a friends condo that he does not use.
We also had a dog which was coming with us, so we sent him to England 14 days after my husbands application and before we closed on the house and he is now at my mother’s whom we will live with when we arrive home. The dogs move also had to be coordinated as time lines for vaccinations etc had to be met.
I have found selling a home shipping a dog working and applying for a spousal visa quite stressful, however we are now in a good place.
We are paying the final bills left from our home purging more stuff while waiting for the decision on his visa.
I think it’s a personal decision on how people want to sequence the events however nothing is ever guaranteed and things may not go as we planned.
As sandiego indicated you can dictate when you want to return.
Good luck 🍀

wow, good that your house sold so quickly, but yes it’s very stressful, and we haven’t even started yet ! It will be so worth it though . I expect we will be living with my parents for a while too. . Good luck to you also , keep us posted !
Old Jan 15th 2019, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

fauna is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied from Turkey,
2nd applicaiton
65days today since biometric.

I have received an e-mail from TLS saying "decision made" on 20th of December then a week later my documents were sent back.
Yesterday we called ukvi and learned that decision hasn't been made and my visa has beenescalated (

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 15th 2019 at 4:07 pm. Reason: Timeline removed - please keep them to the Timelines Only thread.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Wilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud of

What is the earliest my spouse can apply for the Visa?

We are going the savings route and will have 6 months with statement in hand on or around july 20th.

Can we apply July 1st so that we can take care of biometrics (nearest office is approx 3 to 4 hours away) and then patiently wait for the final bank statement to arrive to send the supporting docs to New York?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.