Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 18th 2018, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Matti1107 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
1) No other country that I know of does visa interviews for spousal applicants, as BiP said it's a tick box exercise, either you meet the requirements or you don't, there's no leeway so not sure what an interview would achieve other than causing further delays.
2) Again, a direct line to a case worker would just slow things down even more. I guess it would be a trade off between people wanting to be informed but their case take longer, or people not needing to be able to contact somebody, and just wanting it processed quicker. It would be interesting to know which most would prefer.
3) Because there would be an outcry from those without children, that would be incredibly unfair and probably illegal discrimination too!
4) As above - that would add huge cost and time to the process.
5) Not sure the UK taxpayers would go for that somehow. Even with the delays, the UK is still a huge amount quicker than most other countries (i.e. US or Canada, where a spousal app takes a year or more). Hiring more staff with taxpayers money isn't likely to go down well in the UK.
6) £12,000 is a crazily low amount IMO, well below minimum wage and nowhere near enough to support 2 people. £18,600 can be earned in most jobs, even just working on a supermarket checkout, so it's not too onerous IMO.

Just to play devil's advocate.........[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]
1. USA and probably many others. But the trend unfortunately is towards digital applications. If there's zero tolerance why do they issue the "not straight forward " reply? It would be either granted or rejected with no waiting.
2. A direct line gives people a connection with their application. It would be a huge help. Calls and duration could be limited.
3. Children was just one example, there are hundreds of categories I'm sure. Elderly, homeless, students, people with an illness.............etc etc etc.
4. It would also improve the efficiency and quality of the process. Costly yes but it could be an option.
5. Even the Home Office itself admits its struggling with the current system. Workforce needs to increase or the processing has to move back out to the embassy's abroad. Better to go slower but positive rather than slow and chaotic as it is now.
6. You answered this one yourself at 3. There has been an outcry since this was introduced by those earning less than £18600 per year and are still separated from their families. Isn't this discrimination?
Old Oct 4th 2018, 8:27 am
Just Joined

Enya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by Emm123
THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING
We received our decision email and went to collect our passport but there was no decision,there was no vignette in passport and no refusal letter ,no stamp ,just the documents
The worse thing is that I am the sponsor,I live here in uk but they sent my passport with my hubby's passport to Africa,I sent two prepaid envelopes to Sheffield for my documents to return back to my uk address . I escalated this case on Friday but I have not heard anything from Sheffield.Even if it was a refusal,we still need the decision letter ?And I need my passport back .THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING
Originally Posted by garyede
i don't want to raise hopes here but my feeling after doing a bit of digging is that an inactive account means decided and probably good news. Its an educated guess based on what i have read. Ours is showing inactive today and it wasn't 1 or 2 days ago
Hi my visa4uk status says inactive since yesterday. However, I read somwhere it automatically comes inactive after 120 days . Which was this week for us. Do you think this means my application has decied or is it automatically changed ?
Old Oct 4th 2018, 11:21 am
Just Joined

CCKN is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Please does anyone know the time it takes for the HO to get back to an applicant after the ‘Not-straightforward’ email?

I have received a ‘not-straightforward’ email on my 60th BD and I am very worried as I haven’t received any other update.
Old Oct 4th 2018, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CCKN
Hi,

Please does anyone know the time it takes for the HO to get back to an applicant after the ‘Not-straightforward’ email?

I have received a ‘not-straightforward’ email on my 60th BD and I am very worried as I haven’t received any other update.
I received that on my 57 th day but no response from them as of today. Today is 86th working day for me . I know it’s a hard wait. But we are in the same boat . Wish you all the best
Old Oct 4th 2018, 11:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Enya

I received that on my 57 th day but no response from them as of today. Today is 86th working day for me . I know it’s a hard wait. But we are in the same boat . Wish you all the best

Wow!

86th??

This is really a long and depressing wait

Did you follow up with call and/or emails?

I plan to call them every 5 working days for updates.

I pray we all receive positive results soon 🙏
Old Oct 4th 2018, 11:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CCKN

Wow!

86th??

This is really a long and depressing wait

Did you follow up with call and/or emails?

I plan to call them every 5 working days for updates.

I pray we all receive positive results soon 🙏

Yes and they always say awaiting decision . I contacted them every week.
Old Oct 4th 2018, 11:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Enya

Yes and they always say awaiting decision . I contacted them every week.
OMG
This is not a good sign, my mood is already dampened by this news

Have your sponsor or Emplpyer been contacted?
Old Oct 4th 2018, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

No they did not contact us yet
Old Oct 4th 2018, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Emmaanfi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone. I summit my settlement visa in Nigeria on the 4th/ April/ 2018 and I receive email from home office on the 29th/ June/ 2018 that Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible. Since then I haven't heard from them. I don't know what to do again. I've been waiting and today is the 6 month that I summit my settlement visa . Please can anyone advise me on what to do? Thank you
E
Old Oct 4th 2018, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Emmaanfi
Hello everyone. I summit my settlement visa in Nigeria on the 4th/ April/ 2018 and I receive email from home office on the 29th/ June/ 2018 that Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible. Since then I haven't heard from them. I don't know what to do again. I've been waiting and today is the 6 month that I summit my settlement visa . Please can anyone advise me on what to do? Thank you
E
Hi , I am no expert in this subject . However, I think best thing you can do at the moment is contact UKVI and ask the latest status of your application. If the response is not good may be contact your MP. I am so sorry I do not know what to do other than that. May be you can get experts help. All the best
Old Oct 4th 2018, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Emmaanfi is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your response. Do you mean I should contact them via email or via phone? Please let me know what to do

E
Old Oct 4th 2018, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

you can do either . Email initially cost you but if your enquting the same it won’t cost you again. Calls also charged per minute. You will find the rates and contact details in this link . Good luck
Old Oct 4th 2018, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Matti1107 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have been waiting for 120 BD as of today (almost 6 calendar months). Emails and phone calls won't help. Your MP may help but not guaranteed. My MP just told me to wait. There's really nothing you can do to speed up your application no matter how desperate you may be. It's just the system that they have, very chaotic and unreliable.
Old Oct 4th 2018, 10:00 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matti1107
We have been waiting for 120 BD as of today (almost 6 calendar months). Emails and phone calls won't help. Your MP may help but not guaranteed. My MP just told me to wait. There's really nothing you can do to speed up your application no matter how desperate you may be. It's just the system that they have, very chaotic and unreliable.
If you’ve been waiting that long then it will be your individual circumstances.
Old Oct 26th 2018, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

len_joseph is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, new member here. Just want to know if anyone here has experienced an abnormally long time between decision made and passport received. Let's start with my timeline:
Online application: 7 Jul
Bio: 20 Jul
Docs delivered to Sheffield: 23 Jul
Docs back: 13 Aug
ECO email: 29 Aug

We didn't hear anything from the HO since. On 15 Oct (WD61) my husband called the paid line and was told that a decision was made on 9 Oct (WD57), and that we should allow 10 working days from the date our decision was made for my passport to reach VFS.

On 24 Oct (WD68, aka 11WD from decision made), my husband phoned them again and this time they told us to just wait, they were unable to advise any further. Frustrated, my husband filed 2 complaints, 1 on HO website and the other on VFSGlobal website. This morning 26 Oct (WD70), VFS Hanoi (where I submitted my application) gave me call saying that they received my husband's complaint and on their system they have not seen any update of my passport yet. They told me to rest assured that this is not a lost passport case, that there were similar delays at the decision making centre like this before, and that they will try to contact the decision making centre for an update.

Hopefully someone who have gone through somehow the same weird timeline like me can share their experience. What do you think can possibly be the reasons for this delay?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.