Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Jul 7th 2018, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Emmaanfi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

When did you summit the application?
Old Jul 7th 2018, 9:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emmaanfi
When did you summit the application?
Who are you asking? Please use the quote button so people know who you’re responding to.

There is a timeline thread that would be worth searching too, most people have posted their timelines on there so you can search it for the user you’re interested in and see what their timings are like.

HTH.
Old Jul 8th 2018, 8:08 am
Just Joined

nerner is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AnxiouslyAnxious
Where did you apply from?
Hong Kong
Old Jul 9th 2018, 7:40 am
Just Joined

foudespaves is an unknown quantity at this point

The timeline notes below were included with our timeline shared in post
UK Spouse Visa STRICTLY TIMELINES ONLY - NO CHAT

However, these timeline date notes/information apparently did the not meet "timeline" definitions of the "UK Spouse Visa STRICTLY TIMELINES ONLY - NO CHAT" thread, and so were removed from our shared timeline post. I include them in this thread in order to share the dates ("information" (?)) :

"
[Note: other dates of potential interest:
- documents were inadvertently sent to Vulcan House (as indicated above, received 21 May 2018) rather than PO Box 5852. Checking later, it was noticed Royal Mail Track and Trace had an additional "Delivered to PO Box" entry, for 30 May. It is not known what this entails (moving within the same building via Royal Mail?) and if this delayed the decision.
- visa approved letter included with passport was dated 24 June 2018 (a Sunday).
- processing time from biometrics provided above, aligning with other information in this thread; although
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/c...cants-in-japan
indicates for priority applications that the "[...] expedited service will begin when both the application and supporting documents are received by UKVI [...]" (4 working days after biometrics in our case)].
"
Old Jul 9th 2018, 9:50 am
Just Joined

SaraMujadidy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys
can I apply for spouse visa if I have saving of £16,000? and do I still need to have the 16,000 in my account for 6 months? will I still need to earn £18,600 per year?
Old Jul 9th 2018, 10:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SaraMujadidy
Hi guys
can I apply for spouse visa if I have saving of £16,000? and do I still need to have the 16,000 in my account for 6 months? will I still need to earn £18,600 per year?
Can I suggest you start a new thread with your specific situation i.e. earnings and savings? This thread is only for chat, questions may not be seen or responded to on it.

Thx.
Old Jul 9th 2018, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

fiend is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SaraMujadidy
Hi guys
You either need to have a salary of £18,600+ per year or have £62,500 held in the sponsor and/or applicant's name for 6 months

You can also use a combination of salary and savings, if needed.

Please refer to the finacial requirements document for specifics:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ment_Final.pdf
Old Jul 9th 2018, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

greenwells is an unknown quantity at this point

Does the visa get approved quicker the higher the salary you have?
let's say one applicant earns £19000 then another earns £50000 would the latter get approved quicker?
Old Jul 9th 2018, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Mflem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by greenwells
Does the visa get approved quicker the higher the salary you have?
let's say one applicant earns £19000 then another earns £50000 would the latter get approved quicker?
no. I earn £65k and I'm on 34 working days for my wife's priority app.
Old Jul 10th 2018, 11:50 am
Just Joined

Mrs Rose is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know what causes these massive delays for people who’ve applied ages ago? Nothing to say application is complex. Just a NSF email... the call centre is absolutely useless, they have 0 information. This is a tough time for us and i know exactly what others are going through especially if it’s been longer. Just don’t know what to do now.
Old Jul 10th 2018, 12:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Mrs Rose
Nothing to say application is complex. Just a NSF email...
A NSF email is saying exactly that - that your application is more complex so will take longer. The reason for that delay will be unknown to anybody on the forum, it could be that you are from a high fraud country, it could be that a family member has a conviction you don't know about that has shown up in background checks, it could be something as simple as you sharing the same name as somebody on a terrorist watch list and them having to make sure you're not the same person (or a combination of various things like that). Hopefully you'll hear something very soon.

Good luck.
Old Jul 10th 2018, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

Usernotfound is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrs Rose
<div style="text-align:left;">Does anyone know what causes these massive delays for people who’ve applied ages ago? Nothing to say application is complex. Just a NSF email... the call centre is absolutely useless, they have 0 information. This is a tough time for us and i know exactly what others are going through especially if it’s been longer. Just don’t know what to do now.</div>

honestly believe some delays are on purposee for no reason other then to act as a deterrent.
if it forces a withdrawn or puts some off then mission accomplished. I fail to see why these additional checks lead to 120+ business days, if the public sector is that inefficient i feel for the future of the country.
Old Jul 10th 2018, 12:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Usernotfound
honestly believe some delays are on purposee for no reason other then to act as a deterrent.
if it forces a withdrawn or puts some off then mission accomplished. I fail to see why these additional checks lead to 120+ business days, if the public sector is that inefficient i feel for the future of the country.
Other countries take a year or more to process spousal visas. Believe it or not, the UK is actually quite quick in comparison to most.
Old Jul 10th 2018, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Usernotfound

I can’t understand why the additional checks take so long either. What makes it more frustrating is the fact that there’s not one department that is there for us to contact and understand what is going on. We deserve that at least. I can’t believe they treat us like this.
Old Jul 10th 2018, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
A NSF email is saying exactly that - that your application is more complex so will take longer. The reason for that delay will be unknown to anybody on the forum, it could be that you are from a high fraud country, it could be that a family member has a conviction you don't know about that has shown up in background checks, it could be something as simple as you sharing the same name as somebody on a terrorist watch list and them having to make sure you're not the same person (or a combination of various things like that). Hopefully you'll hear something very soon.

Good luck.
Thanks for the information. I totally understand what you are saying, but this is not the way to treat us. We all are normal citizens that have to carry on with our lives and it feels almost impossible to do that when they are holding it in their hands. Some of us don’t know what were doing and where we will end up with our partners/spouses/loved ones. So it’s extremely difficult.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.