Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Jan 3rd 2017, 4:23 am
Just Joined

ces mendoza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Good day we got our baby's passport now and the documents.. MP help us as well.. they dont request the DNA. No interview no DNA test.. may 2016 when we past the document in liverpool then to dec 22 2016 approve today jan 3 recieved the passport and documents... goodluck to every one hope you got yours As well soon..
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

kam1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone

I gave birth to a baby boy in Ghana and applied for his passport in August 2016. I had an interview in November and received an email in December asking for another version of my son's birth certificate to complete my application, I only sent his hospital one with the application.

I have two questions if anybody could answer I would be grateful. Firstly what is the next stage after completion of the application and secondly my British passport expires on 18th January. I need to travel back to the UK. Can I travel on a expired passport?
Old Jan 4th 2017, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kam1986
I have two questions if anybody could answer I would be grateful. Firstly what is the next stage after completion of the application and secondly my British passport expires on 18th January. I need to travel back to the UK. Can I travel on a expired passport?
You cannot travel on an expired passport. You will need to apply for an emergency travel document from the British High Commission in Accra. Please see link below for details -

https://www.gov.uk/government/world/...mmission-accra
Old Jan 4th 2017, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HKG3
You cannot travel on an expired passport. You will need to apply for an emergency travel document from the British High Commission in Accra. Please see link below for details -

Ok thanks very much
Old Jan 4th 2017, 7:08 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone

I gave birth to a baby boy in Ghana and applied for his passport in August 2016. I had an interview in November and received an email in December asking for another version of my son's birth certificate to complete my application, I only sent his hospital one with the application.

Originally Posted by HKG3

Ok thanks very much
Or just renew your passport in the normal fashion.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 10:19 am
Just Joined

Siid is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys

Hope you guys doing good.

I am not sure whether it is the right place to post.

Just want to let you know that its been 15 months that I have applied for my first passport from India.

And now my countersignature has been contacted by High Commission and he have given information regarding me.

Just wanting to know if any one of you have any knowledge that what might be the next step for High Commission or if my security checks have been cleared.

And I have tried calling HMPO they said that they havenot got any new update since they have sent application to India for further checks and its still under security checks.

Thanks for your help guys.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 11:42 am
Just Joined

tm_328 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone

Hi kam1986, what exact dates you apply and interview was conducted. I also applied for my children from Ghana n November 2016 so wanted to know when I should hope for an interview.

Also how was interview conducted? over the phone or you have to go to British consulate in Accra? what sort of questions they asked?

Many thanks.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tm_328
Hi kam1986, what exact dates you apply and interview was conducted. I also applied for my children from Ghana n November 2016 so wanted to know when I should hope for an interview.

Also how was interview conducted? over the phone or you have to go to British consulate in Accra? what sort of questions they asked?

Many thanks.
Hello

I applied 31 August but the actual application was handed to the examiner 5th September. I was requested for more documents about 3 weeks after that and that's only because I telephoned to see if my application had been received.
My interview was on 21st November at the British High Commission in Accra. It was by video link. My lasted about 15 minutes it could be because I am the mother and gave them my whole medical file. List of questions
1)my name and spell it
2)Childs full name and spell it
3)place of birth
4)birth date (me)
5) Childs birth date
6) Childs place of birth
7) Childs weight at birth
8) natural or c section birth
9) husbands name
10) husbands place of birth
11) mine and husbands occupation
12) details about who countersigned the application name and occupation (mine was a British citizen he hasn't been called yet)
13) details about my life in UK who i live with
14) marriage date and place

I think that was it from the top of my head. From my experience only when I telephoned did the examiner do any work on my application.

Good luck
Old Jan 5th 2017, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

Hello

I applied 31 August but the actual application was handed to the examiner 5th September. I was requested for more documents about 3 weeks after that and that's only because I telephoned to see if my application had been received.
My interview was on 21st November at the British High Commission in Accra. It was by video link. My lasted about 15 minutes it could be because I am the mother and gave them my whole medical file. List of questions
1)my name and spell it
2)Childs full name and spell it
3)place of birth
4)birth date (me)
5) Childs birth date
6) Childs place of birth
7) Childs weight at birth
8) natural or c section birth
9) husbands name
10) husbands place of birth
11) mine and husbands occupation
12) details about who countersigned the application name and occupation (mine was a British citizen he hasn't been called yet)
13) details about my life in UK who i live with
14) marriage date and place

I think that was it from the top of my head. From my experience only when I telephoned did the examiner do any work on my application.

Good luck
Hi, thank you for the quick response. I'll keep posted on progress so we learn from experience. I also learn from this forum that too many phone calls are not advisable so its really dilemma. hope they can make the system fast.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Hi, thank you for the quick response. I'll keep posted on progress so we learn from experience. I also learn from this forum that too many phone calls are not advisable so its really dilemma. hope they can make the system fast.
It seems to be a lose, lose situation. My telephone calls used to get results now its gone quiet. The process is very frustrating especially since I'm waiting to travel and to introduce my baby to my family.

I will also keep you updated
Old Jan 8th 2017, 4:59 am
Just Joined

It seems to be a lose, lose situation. My telephone calls used to get results now its gone quiet. The process is very frustrating especially since I'm waiting to travel and to introduce my baby to my family.

I will also keep you updated
Hi Kam1986, thank you. I hope you will get this sorted soon. Just wanted to ask please, how long before you were notified about the interview date before it actually happened? Say if interview was on 23rd November, when did you get this date confirmation? I am planning to travel so would like to have some guideline view.

Also I believe your application was with Durham office?

When did you phone HMPO, you call helpline number or managed to speak to examiner directly?

Many thanks.
Old Jan 8th 2017, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Or just renew your passport in the normal fashion.
One of my children born abroad to a non-British mother, and received passport at birth now expired. I do not recall her birth being "registered" at the British consulate. If I wish to renew in UK does she need to be present ? Besides birth certificate and the expired passport would I need anything else ?
Old Jan 8th 2017, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Hi Kam1986, thank you. I hope you will get this sorted soon. Just wanted to ask please, how long before you were notified about the interview date before it actually happened? Say if interview was on 23rd November, when did you get this date confirmation? I am planning to travel so would like to have some guideline view.

Also I believe your application was with Durham office?

When did you phone HMPO, you call helpline number or managed to speak to examiner directly?

Many thanks.
I was notified via email on 7th November to attend my interview on 21st, so 2 weeks before. I had 7 days to confirm that I will be attending.

Yes it was Durham office, I called the helpline. The information they have is very limited, but they are able to contact the examiner. As whenever I telephoned within the hour I would get a response from the examiner if for example he needed further documents. I think it does depend on the examiner how quick your application is processed.
Old Jan 10th 2017, 11:23 am
Just Joined

Good afternoon

I collected my son's passport today.

Good luck to everyone
Old Jan 10th 2017, 11:52 am
Just Joined

Good afternoon

I collected my son's passport today.

Good luck to everyone
Congratulations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.