Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Jan 10th 2017, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by morpeth
One of my children born abroad to a non-British mother, and received passport at birth now expired. I do not recall her birth being "registered" at the British consulate. If I wish to renew in UK does she need to be present ? Besides birth certificate and the expired passport would I need anything else ?
Are you/the child in the U.K.?

It's all here, including the link to the renewal from overseas application:
https://www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passport
Old Jan 10th 2017, 2:07 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
One of my children born abroad to a non-British mother, and received passport at birth now expired. I do not recall her birth being "registered" at the British consulate. If I wish to renew in UK does she need to be present ? Besides birth certificate and the expired passport would I need anything else ?
How old is your daughter? When did her passport expire? Are you intending to renew her passport by post or in person?
Old Jan 10th 2017, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

kam1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you!

Below is my timeline

Application received: 5th September
Asked for grandparents birth reg: 26th September
UK checks completed: 25th October
Email for interview: 7th November
Interview on: 21st November
Asked for green version of baby's birth certificate: 12th December
Collection date: 10th January
Old Jan 26th 2017, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Blusky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all I hope u all doing fine
I want to know that is there anybody applied for first British passport for child in Dubai ?!

Last edited by Blusky; Jan 26th 2017 at 4:48 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2017, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

I'm from Afghanistan and my husband is British.
I'm just recidence in uk and my daughter born in Islamabad.
we came to Dubai and applied on 25th September for first British passport for our daughter in Dubai and thy received it on 28th September.
on 30th October thy asked about additional supporting ducument and on 4th on November thy asked again about more additional supporting documents and we sent to them all but there was no new update wdso we complained them cuz it was 4 months since thy had the application.
After Champlain thy called us for an interview on 19th of January and the next day said that thy need DNA test and wait for the email but still nothing.
We applied cuz we thought it takes less time but unfortunately here looks the same!

Last edited by Blusky; Jan 26th 2017 at 4:53 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2017, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Looks nobody is here!!!😒
Old Jan 26th 2017, 8:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blusky
Looks nobody is here!!!😒
People post on here when they get time. Anyone helping is volunteering their time for free and if you want free help you will just have to wait for it. Repeatedly bumping the thread is not going to produce an answer any faster.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 12:14 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all I hope u all doing fine
I want to know that is there anybody applied for first British passport for child in Dubai ?!
I'm from Afghanistan and my husband is British.
I'm just recidence in uk and my daughter born in Islamabad.
we came to Dubai and applied on 25th September for first British passport for our daughter in Dubai and thy received it on 28th September.
on 30th October thy asked about additional supporting ducument and on 4th on November thy asked again about more additional supporting documents and we sent to them all but there was no new update wdso we complained them cuz it was 4 months since thy had the application.
After Champlain thy called us for an interview on 19th of January and the next day said that thy need DNA test and wait for the email but still nothing.
We applied cuz we thought it takes less time but unfortunately here looks the same!
Looks nobody is here!!!😒
The country in which you apply from for the passport is largely irrelevant - it's the country in which the child is born that determines the processing times. As you already seem to be aware Pakistan has one of the longest processing times for first time applicants as it is considered particularly high risk. If they've required DNA testing then you will just need to continue to follow the process.
Old Jan 28th 2017, 6:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The country in which you apply from for the passport is largely irrelevant - it's the country in which the child is born that determines the processing times. As you already seem to be aware Pakistan has one of the longest processing times for first time applicants as it is considered particularly high risk. If they've required DNA testing then you will just need to continue to follow the process.
Thank you for reply
Old Jan 29th 2017, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

i am applying for renewal of both my childrens passports as they are now 5 & 7

I have immersed myself in the local community so there are no expats that Could sign the documents to confirm they have known us for 2 years

So we are getting a co signatory from their teacher a local with their copy Philippine passport etc

Anyone done this and did it have a material affect on holding up a simple renewal ?process
Old Jan 30th 2017, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike
i am applying for renewal of both my childrens passports as they are now 5 & 7

I have immersed myself in the local community so there are no expats that Could sign the documents to confirm they have known us for 2 years

So we are getting a co signatory from their teacher a local with their copy Philippine passport etc

Anyone done this and did it have a material affect on holding up a simple renewal ?process
Page 12 here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...otes_10.16.pdf

You'll need to provide an explanation about the lack of eligible (according to their rules) counter-signatory.

The above link states that delays should be expected.

I've had in the past, no problems with child passport renewals & a teacher (who was also my neighbour) as counter-signatory, BUT in Commonwealth countries, not the Philippines.
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

nagamurali is an unknown quantity at this point

hi BritInParis

i was applied for my son british passport ,,feb 8th appointment also but at this stage i would like to withdraw his application ,,dont no what to do ... and if i cancel at this stage in future if he want to apply get any problem ..pls explain me

Thankyou
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nagamurali
hi BritInParis

i was applied for my son british passport ,,feb 8th appointment also but at this stage i would like to withdraw his application ,,dont no what to do ... and if i cancel at this stage in future if he want to apply get any problem ..pls explain me

Thankyou
I am not BritinParis, but:
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...facilities.pdf

The fees will not be refunded.

May I ask why you need/want to withdraw the application? You have an interview in a few days, I think?
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

nagamurali is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Shirtback

thankyou for ur reply

yes i have a interview on feb8th

I have a thought that I will leave this decision to my son when he gets maturity, which passport does he want ..thts what withdraw his application

thank u
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by nagamurali
hi BritInParis

Thankyou
You shouldn't have a problem in future but you'll lose your application fee. Why do you wish to withdraw?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.