British citizenship by double descent - Do I qualify?

Old Oct 24th 2020, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

KGailis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British citizenship by double descent - Do I qualify?

Originally Posted by BritInParis
1. Each referee show know you personally. One referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing or is a member of a professional body (full list). The other referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.
2. No, but there's a proforma they need to sign. When you complete the online form there's a PDF you'll need to download for each referee.
3. The proforma could be signed in ink and then a scan emailed to you to upload however your passport photo will need to be stuck to the proforma so you would need to either post them a photograph or send them a digital photo which they'll need to have printed out on photographic paper.
4. You just need to upload scans of your documents.
5. No, the online application itself is sufficient. You'll then need to book an appointment to give your biometrics.
6. No.
7. It's better to send it if you have it but it's not a showstopper if you don't. You may wish to include a note saying your mother is deceased and it's no longer available.
Excellent thank you.
Do both of the referees need to sign the back of a photo of me?
I do have a picture of the British passport as my brother has it but he won’t send it to me. Should I upload the picture?
Should I upload my mother’s death certificate?
Should I upload my marriage certificate as my surname now is my married name?

Thank you 😀
Old Oct 24th 2020, 11:21 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KGailis
Excellent thank you.
Do both of the referees need to sign the back of a photo of me?
I do have a picture of the British passport as my brother has it but he won’t send it to me. Should I upload the picture?
Should I upload my mother’s death certificate?
Should I upload my marriage certificate as my surname now is my married name?

Thank you 😀
No, yes, yes, yes.
Old Oct 30th 2020, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

No, yes, yes, yes.
Thank you.

I have another Question please relating to the application asking about my mother: Have they always had the same nationality?
If she had dual nationality what would I put?

Same question for my grandmother she also had dual nationality.
Old Oct 30th 2020, 11:05 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KGailis
Thank you.

I have another Question please relating to the application asking about my mother: Have they always had the same nationality?
If she had dual nationality what would I put?

Same question for my grandmother she also had dual nationality.
So long as both were British from birth then you can answer ‘Yes’.
Old Oct 31st 2020, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

So long as both were British from birth then you can answer ‘Yes’.
They were both British by descent and both born in South Africa
Old Nov 4th 2020, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Hi me again lol

Please help, I have submitted the online application and paid, but I thought I could submit the supporting documents online. I cannot find any information anywhere on how to do this from South Africa. Anyone got any idea. I really don't want to have to courier them. However, if I do have to courier them can I send certified copies of everything?

TIA :-)
Old Jan 13th 2021, 3:39 pm
PPK
Just Joined

PPK is an unknown quantity at this point

My daughter did her biometrics on 21st September and now we wait, I know that Covid has had an effect on the regular timeline for citizenship.
Does anyone know what the delays are, weeks or months ? It's been over 6 months since our application was submitted.
Old Jan 13th 2021, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PPK
My daughter did her biometrics on 21st September and now we wait, I know that Covid has had an effect on the regular timeline for citizenship.
Does anyone know what the delays are, weeks or months ? It's been over 6 months since our application was submitted.
Hi PPK, sorry can’t answer your question but was hoping you could answer mine.

Did she get an email request to go do her biometrics and how long after she applied did she get the email?

TIA 😊
Old Jan 14th 2021, 4:32 am
PPK
Just Joined

Hi, this is my timeline for my daughters application :
submitted and paid application online on 29 May
sent documents Postnet/DHL and was delivered 10 June ( sent certified copies )
Biometrics email received on 2 September
Biometrics done on 21 September

Hope this helps. Goodluck
Old Jan 14th 2021, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PPK
Hi, this is my timeline for my daughters application :
submitted and paid application online on 29 May
sent documents Postnet/DHL and was delivered 10 June ( sent certified copies )
Biometrics email received on 2 September
Biometrics done on 21 September

Hope this helps. Goodluck
Thank you, that does help. My docs were received 9th Nov and yet to hear about biometrics. Crossing fingers and toes it will be soon.
Good luck to you as well and please update us when you hear more 😀
Old Mar 12th 2021, 4:17 pm
PPK
Just Joined

Hi BritInParis

I received an email today requesting scanned copies of original documents of full birth certificates for me and for my daughter from UK GOV which must be at their postal address in the next 2 weeks. I submitted certified copies of these birth certificates with my original application. So not 100% sure of what is required. Any suggestions?
Old Mar 31st 2021, 4:49 pm
PPK
Just Joined

Hi BritInParis just to let you know that my daughters application was successful and big thankyou.
I would not have attempted the application if it was not for the advice that you have put on this forum.
Thanks
Old Apr 1st 2021, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by PPK
Hi BritInParis just to let you know that my daughters application was successful and big thankyou.
I would not have attempted the application if it was not for the advice that you have put on this forum.
Thanks
You’re very welcome - that’s excellent news, thanks for coming back to let us know
Old Aug 8th 2021, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: British citizenship by double descent - Do I qualify?

Hi

I am needing some advice please. I did biometrics for my citizenship application in February 2021 & then in June I received an email from HMO advising they had not received my biometrics. I then went and submitted them again on the 7th July. I replied to the email advised them that I had resubmitted my biometrics. It has been 9 months since my initial application and I am wondering if there is an email I can send to query why it is taking so long. I do understand Covid has made an impact on the delay but I want to at least make sure that my biometrics has actually been received now.

Any advise or help welcome.

TIA :-)
Old Aug 9th 2021, 12:13 pm
PPK
Just Joined

Hi, I think the long wait is standard at the moment. My daughter had her biometrics on 21 September 2020 and we eventually received
the news of success on the 30 March 2021.We are long overdue to receive the certificate of registration as a British citizen, but still no joy.

From earlier posts in this thread (2019 ) I got an email address that was responsive. [email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.