British citizenship by double descent - Do I qualify?

Old Oct 24th 2020, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

KGailis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British citizenship by double descent - Do I qualify?

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
1. Each referee show know you personally. One referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing or is a member of a professional body (full list). The other referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.
2. No, but there's a proforma they need to sign. When you complete the online form there's a PDF you'll need to download for each referee.
3. The proforma could be signed in ink and then a scan emailed to you to upload however your passport photo will need to be stuck to the proforma so you would need to either post them a photograph or send them a digital photo which they'll need to have printed out on photographic paper.
4. You just need to upload scans of your documents.
5. No, the online application itself is sufficient. You'll then need to book an appointment to give your biometrics.
6. No.
7. It's better to send it if you have it but it's not a showstopper if you don't. You may wish to include a note saying your mother is deceased and it's no longer available.
Excellent thank you.
Do both of the referees need to sign the back of a photo of me?
I do have a picture of the British passport as my brother has it but he won’t send it to me. Should I upload the picture?
Should I upload my mother’s death certificate?
Should I upload my marriage certificate as my surname now is my married name?

Thank you 😀
Old Oct 24th 2020, 12:21 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KGailis View Post
Excellent thank you.
Do both of the referees need to sign the back of a photo of me?
I do have a picture of the British passport as my brother has it but he won’t send it to me. Should I upload the picture?
Should I upload my mother’s death certificate?
Should I upload my marriage certificate as my surname now is my married name?

Thank you 😀
No, yes, yes, yes.
Old Oct 30th 2020, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

No, yes, yes, yes.
Thank you.

I have another Question please relating to the application asking about my mother: Have they always had the same nationality?
If she had dual nationality what would I put?

Same question for my grandmother she also had dual nationality.
Old Oct 31st 2020, 12:05 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KGailis View Post
Thank you.

I have another Question please relating to the application asking about my mother: Have they always had the same nationality?
If she had dual nationality what would I put?

Same question for my grandmother she also had dual nationality.
So long as both were British from birth then you can answer ‘Yes’.
Old Oct 31st 2020, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

So long as both were British from birth then you can answer ‘Yes’.
They were both British by descent and both born in South Africa
Old Nov 4th 2020, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hi me again lol

Please help, I have submitted the online application and paid, but I thought I could submit the supporting documents online. I cannot find any information anywhere on how to do this from South Africa. Anyone got any idea. I really don't want to have to courier them. However, if I do have to courier them can I send certified copies of everything?

TIA :-)