Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

A quick update from the Miggins

A quick update from the Miggins

Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:49 pm

Lozza2302 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A quick update from the Miggins

Hi Mrs Miggins,

I have been told about you by my cousin who is way up north in Alberta where it's cold and snows a lot, (she's scottish so used to that). We moved over to Lethbridge in November last year, for many the same reasons as everyone else. We were on our research trip this time a year ago and it all seems to have gone so fast. I am so glad you are staying in Lethbridge, i have thought about this for many months now, and staying is much better than the garbage over there, isn't that why we have all left??????????? It is definantely no bowl of roses this move, it has been very hard and frustrating.

My partner got a job before we came, he is a skilled worker class, the girls started school as soon as we arrived, but i only started work last week. I don't get on with myself and found the constant arguing between me and me a bit hard to bare. I must admit though, waking up to sunshine most days is good and worth the rest of it!!!!!!. As i am in Lethbridge and could use a bit of company maybe you would like to meet up, i work in Taber so it's a bit far to go to the pub, i only work p/t 9am - 2pm so let me know what you think. I hope you have a good holiday, take care and let me know what you would like to do.
Lorraine
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:55 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lozza2302
Hi Mrs Miggins,

I have been told about you by my cousin who is way up north in Alberta where it's cold and snows a lot, (she's scottish so used to that). We moved over to Lethbridge in November last year, for many the same reasons as everyone else. We were on our research trip this time a year ago and it all seems to have gone so fast. I am so glad you are staying in Lethbridge, i have thought about this for many months now, and staying is much better than the garbage over there, isn't that why we have all left??????????? It is definantely no bowl of roses this move, it has been very hard and frustrating.

My partner got a job before we came, he is a skilled worker class, the girls started school as soon as we arrived, but i only started work last week. I don't get on with myself and found the constant arguing between me and me a bit hard to bare. I must admit though, waking up to sunshine most days is good and worth the rest of it!!!!!!. As i am in Lethbridge and could use a bit of company maybe you would like to meet up, i work in Taber so it's a bit far to go to the pub, i only work p/t 9am - 2pm so let me know what you think. I hope you have a good holiday, take care and let me know what you would like to do.
Lorraine
lorraine

We are in lethbridge on recci, what a lovely place this is, have you heard of gaynor (buton bunch) or minihaha ??

they are both here in lethbridge
Where abouts in lethbridge are you? we are staying near the prison, quiet fitting really

gill
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:02 pm

Hi Gill,

We are on the south side near scenic, have been told by my cousin about the barton bunch and minihaha, don't know where to start. Where is the prison, didn't know we had one, can i send my kids there??????

Lorraine
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lozza2302
Hi Gill,

We are on the south side near scenic, have been told by my cousin about the barton bunch and minihaha, don't know where to start. Where is the prison, didn't know we had one, can i send my kids there??????

Lorraine
Lorraine, when you say you don't know where to start, do you mean you don't know how to get in contact with Burton Bunch and Minihaha?

Lynne
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:08 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

its actually known as the correction facility (prision to us )

We are on the south of highway 3, i would send you a private message, but you havent done enough posts yet.
you are near gaynor as far as my directions tell me (thats hubby as east etc dont mean a thing) shell be on at some point and welcome herself

What does your hubby do?
We like to hear full life story on here, but thats us being noisey

Gill
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:21 pm

Hi Lynne

That is exactly what i mean, very new to all this techno stuff

Lorraine
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:27 pm

Quickest way is go back through this thread and find there names.
click on there name and another box should open, send message to them.
just emailed minihaha and told her your here, but they should be along tonight its only 3.30 the kids should be finishing school soon
gill
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of light

Lorraine

Being new to the forum I wasn't sure whether you knew how to search for members and without enough posts you can't send PMs. Hope you don't mind but I've sent PMs to Gaynor (Burton Bunch) and MiniHaHa and directed them to this post.

Lynne
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:31 pm

Hi Gill,

That must have been all those chaps on Highway 3 on Sunday in orange and the chap with the gun, makes sense now.

Well life story, it's ok you can be as nosey as you like, i am too!!!!!!

I was born in London, raised in the deep south-hense strange accent, got married at 21 to a rat scallion so moved to Nottingham to get away from him about 7 years ago. Met the great guy i am with now and he dragged me here kicking and screaming(not). Steve is an Autobody Tech for Dunlop Ford, the showroom is on Mayor McGrath but the collision center is on the North side.

The girls go to school at the LCI, fab school, and i have just got a job with a property management company in Taber. I have loads of housing experiance from the UK, i used to work with homeless people.

How about you????

Lorraine
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:33 pm

Hi Lynne,

Thanks very much, really appreciate it, are you in Lethbridge to?

Lorraine
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Still in Shropshire, UK, we land in New Brunswick on 22nd July. Just saw your post and thought I'd try and put you in touch with who you were looking for. We girls have to stick together

Lynne
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:40 pm

Thanks so much and you are dead right we certainly do need to stick together. Bet you are looking forward to July, have you done the skilled worker bit or have you got your permanant residency?

Lorraine
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:17 pm

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Sent you a pm . Hope you can get it ok.
We will defo meet up for a brew im in North Lethbridge in Legacy Ridge.Do you know it or where the North Wallmart is, I virtually live in that Wallmart I do lol.

Anyway will be meeting soon im sure x take care Ali
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:33 pm

Hi Ali,

Have rough idea where you are, i live in south side wal-mart, my little brand of homeish(how sad am i)

Def have to meet up

Lorraine
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:31 pm

thats the ones i saw them sunday as well

South side walmart, yep i was in there sunday, i was the one with three kids running in all different directions :curse:
Just done safeway as well, well shopping that is.

We are from lancashire, hubby wanted to be here 6 years ago, but sadly i was ill bla bla bla and moved to my home village.
he dragged me to ontario last year and since then been searching for the right job. thanks to afew on here (you know who you are ) i am here on recci and him having interviews, hes an industrial electrician by trade.

Still checking the areas out at moment, but feel free to pm me now that ou have enough posts and we can meet up, hopefully with Ali if thats ok??

take care

gill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.