Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Write to your MP!

Write to your MP!

Old Jul 27th 2010, 8:30 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Write to your MP!

CAnada or CAlifornia
Old Jul 27th 2010, 8:35 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

If a Canadian wrote to my MP in England demanding stuff I'd expect my MP to chuck his letter in the bin.

I wouldn't expect anything different the other way round.

immigration is their ball and they can play with it however they see fit.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

cityhog will become famous soon enoughcityhog will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by iaink
CAnada or CAlifornia
CANADA. Any difference? People here often say Vancouver is like a part of the US rather than Canada, I mean, culturally
Old Jul 27th 2010, 8:50 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cityhog
I got my PR a month ago and I already feel like a prisoner in my home. I can't imagine myself here waiting for four more years to get my citizenship. I'm already looking for a way to move back to the States, mainly because there are no real jobs in my field. I have been here for three years. So after two years I'm eligible for citizenship. But then I have to wait for another two years for my citizenship? Wow, depressing. I was looking forward to getting a TN visa after two years. Oh shit, I have to wait for another two years!
Same as the rest of us have been through. Cannot say I ever felt trapped or that bothered by the process.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 8:54 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

No, I have plenty of intention to make CA my home, when I retire, like many other immigrants.
I would not say like many, a few maybe.

So you plan to work, pay taxes and contribute to the US economy, then retire to Canada and use the health care system here
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Aviator
I would not say like many, a few maybe.

So you plan to work, pay taxes and contribute to the US economy, then retire to Canada and use the health care system here
Exactly. I realized there's not a high chance I'll make any big money in my life. If I do, I'll definitely stay in the US. Make some money, and then come back and retire in CA.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:11 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

In that case, enjoy your 4 years' wait.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:11 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

CANADA. Any difference? People here often say Vancouver is like a part of the US rather than Canada, I mean, culturally
Why would you want to retire to Canada? The majority of Canadians dream of retiring somewhere a lot warmer. At least over the winter anyway...

Dont tell me you just want to exploit the health care provision
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
In that case, enjoy your 4 years' wait.
Yeah, I'm sliding into post PR depression.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:15 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

I can't imagine myself here waiting for four more years to get my citizenship.
:bye bye smilie:

:see ya later smilie:

:bye bye smilie:
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:29 pm

I've been here 15+years and never heard that. Vancouver is thankfully nothing like part of the US, culturally or otherwise.

If I were you I'd quit now and head to CA
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:32 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I'm sliding into post PR depression.
actually that's quite funny.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Aviator
I've been here 15+years and never heard that. Vancouver is thankfully nothing like part of the US, culturally or otherwise.

If I were you I'd quit now and head to CA
Whatever, man. I picked it up here. I am reading all the threads in the past ten years to learn more about the CA system. By the way, I'm not a quitter.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iaink
Why would you want to retire to Canada? The majority of Canadians dream of retiring somewhere a lot warmer. At least over the winter anyway...

Dont tell me you just want to exploit the health care provision
I lived in Florida. Didn't like the weather. And a lot of crime. If you don't have much money, CA is a better place to retire.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:51 pm

Whatever, man. I picked it up here.
Nothing contagious I hope?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.