Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Would you return for good?

Would you return for good?

Old May 3rd 2006, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you return for good?

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
Confirms what I thought, it takes time to adjust amongst other things, but you get used to it. I'm depressed that we can't even get out there at the moment I hate where we live. We'd never move back to London where we're originally from. Things have changed too much there in a decade. I dislike the climate here, overcast for most of the bloody year and my cousin in the US says that us Brits are miserable. Just look at our climate, it's enough to make you scream!!!! I think I must suffer from S.A.D. The long grey winter really got me down in the UK. I don't care if it's minus 30 in Canada, the fact that the sun shone cheered me up. Also have very little family left here now (I'm a young one in an old family). Hopefully we'll get there another way.
Hi craftybanshee.....have you submitted any applications to the CIC yet? Alberta has a Provinical Nominee Program (PNP) which could help you immigrate to Canada rather than the harder skilled workers route. We came out here this way as my husbands job title of Aircraft Painter wasn't listed on the N.O.L. If it wouldn't have been for the PNP, we'd still be in Hyde :scared:
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

Phil43 is an unknown quantity at this point

Confirms what I thought, it takes time to adjust amongst other things, but you get used to it. I'm depressed that we can't even get out there at the moment I hate where we live. We'd never move back to London where we're originally from. Things have changed too much there in a decade. I dislike the climate here, overcast for most of the bloody year and my cousin in the US says that us Brits are miserable. Just look at our climate, it's enough to make you scream!!!! I think I must suffer from S.A.D. The long grey winter really got me down in the UK. I don't care if it's minus 30 in Canada, the fact that the sun shone cheered me up. Also have very little family left here now (I'm a young one in an old family). Hopefully we'll get there another way.
I cant believe what you are saying. There is nothing more that makes me smile than £1.00 a litre for fuel, overpriced houses, tax tax tax tax tax and more bloody tax "can i take a dump?" " of course but theres a tax on it, Hoodies, scroungers, Traffic jams, even more speed cameras, Rain, tax, a goverment that couldnt run a bath, tax, Not to mention our ethnic cousins ( lets not go there!), chavs, teenage mums that have children to gain a house that dont pay bleeding tax and a benefits system that doesnt benefit me! come to england the land of hope a glory AND tax!
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phil43
I cant believe what you are saying. There is nothing more that makes me smile than £1.00 a litre for fuel, overpriced houses, tax tax tax tax tax and more bloody tax "can i take a dump?" " of course but theres a tax on it, Hoodies, scroungers, Traffic jams, even more speed cameras, Rain, tax, a goverment that couldnt run a bath, tax, Not to mention our ethnic cousins ( lets not go there!), chavs, teenage mums that have children to gain a house that dont pay bleeding tax and a benefits system that doesnt benefit me! come to england the land of hope a glory AND tax!
LMAO
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by alberta_jaycee
LMAO
What?
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:40 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

<Really big sigh> It's all here too, in different guises. Gas is now $1.14 a litre - BUT in real terms the wages are lower than the UK and housing prices have rocketed, so it makes the same size if not larger size dent in your wallet. We have yobs, large numbers of teenage and deliberately single Mums, career welfare claimants, druggies on every corner (substitute puking and predictable drunks for unpredictable and violent meth addicts), we have a federal government that is likely just as corrupt as its predecessor, chavs = white trash....shall I continue? BTW your "ethnic" cousins live here in great numbers too, except you are also an immigrant and with a bit of luck, you might suffer some of the same discrimination they do around the world..in fact I know you will. Immigrants disparaging immigrants..I'd stay where you are if I were you, because here you might just find yourself in the minority.
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

What?
Surely I'm not the only one who found your brimming tribute to ol' Blighty a little "tongue in cheek".......

I saw plenty of what you said in my 8 months back in Manchester and am glad to say I don't have to deal with anymore.

Unless, I completely misread your post and you love the place really.........
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:53 pm
jedi in training

buzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of light

sorry didnt understand this...................please enlighten me
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Ooohhhhh, I can literally see the acid running off the page there

You lurve Britain, don't you?
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi craftybanshee.....have you submitted any applications to the CIC yet? Alberta has a Provinical Nominee Program (PNP) which could help you immigrate to Canada rather than the harder skilled workers route. We came out here this way as my husbands job title of Aircraft Painter wasn't listed on the N.O.L. If it wouldn't have been for the PNP, we'd still be in Hyde :scared:

Sorry, but LMAO here ('cos I'm cracking up). We've recently been rejected after applying for Skilled Worker more than 2 years ago. Just 2 points short, that was all Glad you're enjoying your new life tho'
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by buzz365
sorry didnt understand this...................please enlighten me

Phil was just having a little vent ............
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dingbat
<Really big sigh> It's all here too, in different guises. Gas is now $1.14 a litre - BUT in real terms the wages are lower than the UK and housing prices have rocketed, so it makes the same size if not larger size dent in your wallet. We have yobs, large numbers of teenage and deliberately single Mums, career welfare claimants, druggies on every corner (substitute puking and predictable drunks for unpredictable and violent meth addicts), we have a federal government that is likely just as corrupt as its predecessor, chavs = white trash....shall I continue? BTW your "ethnic" cousins live here in great numbers too, except you are also an immigrant and with a bit of luck, you might suffer some of the same discrimination they do around the world..in fact I know you will. Immigrants disparaging immigrants..I'd stay where you are if I were you, because here you might just find yourself in the minority.
Maybe if you lived in a place that discriminates you for flying your own flag or celebrating your own religious beliefs for example christmas because its antisocial then maybe you may have something to say on the matter. I am not a racist by no means! Do you not think I have done my investigation into the country and realise that it is a multicultural place and that is what is so appealing? At least there is a structured points system and you have to prove you are beneficial, unlike here! Enough said.
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry, but LMAO here ('cos I'm cracking up). We've recently been rejected after applying for Skilled Worker more than 2 years ago. Just 2 points short, that was all Glad you're enjoying your new life tho'
Really sorry to hear that craftybanshee, 2 lousy points eh.....if you don't mind my asking, what are both your occupations you applied under? Alberta has quite a list of skills shortages that qualify for the PNP you know.....hope you're not too degected.....keep at it if it's your dream
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe if you lived in a place that discriminates you for flying your own flag or celebrating your own religious beliefs for example christmas because its antisocial then maybe you may have something to say on the matter. I am not a racist by no means! Do you not think I have done my investigation into the country and realise that it is a multicultural place and that is what is so appealing? At least there is a structured points system and you have to prove you are beneficial, unlike here! Enough said.
Phil....I hear what you're saying really loud and clear and we wound ourselves up about those same things to the extent we did whatever we could to get out. Have you put an application in for immigration yourself? Would just like to try and help ease that inner frustration you got there
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

Phil....I hear what you're saying really loud and clear and we wound ourselves up about those same things to the extent we did whatever we could to get out. Have you put an application in for immigration yourself? Would just like to try and help ease that inner frustration you got there
Thanks
I just needed to get it out there you know, and this seemed to be the place that got it.
We are in the throws of application and going for a investigation trip soon. (cant wait)
I feel vented now and can concentrate on getting out of here, maybe i am being nieve thinking grass is greener and all that but dont want to be one of those that say "what if"
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:34 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in the UK for for most of my life. These things you bemoan were in place when I was there. It's no different here. Happy Christmas = Happy Holidays - same pc stuff applies. The biggest immigrant class is family - and the points system does not apply to them in exactly the same way. You need to do more of that research.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.