Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Working from home.

Working from home.

Old Nov 8th 2011, 7:52 pm
Been here 8 years now...

Steve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to behold
Default Working from home.

Does anybody have any good suggestions / experiences to share about something to do with the time on my hands?

Obviously I've searched t'internet for ideas but I was wondering what you lot might say.

Cheers.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 2:11 pm
Been here 8 years now...

Steve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Working from home.

No replies?

Last edited by iaink; Nov 10th 2011 at 3:55 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 2:17 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what you are asking. Are you asking for ideas to do that count as work, or ideas for something to do whilst skiving off?
Old Nov 10th 2011, 2:31 pm
Been here 8 years now...

Thanks for the response mate, thought I'd been sent to Coventry.

I live in remote Northern Ontario and there is no work for 'what I do'. We're very fortunate I don't really need to work but man, I'm sooooooooo bored!

Just wanted something to occupy my time that might give me some pocket money to blow in Canadian Tire or whizz up the wall.

Cheers again.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 2:40 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you make things and sell them on e-bay or etsy?
Old Nov 10th 2011, 2:57 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Can you make things and sell them on e-bay or etsy?
Or picking. Look for garage or table top sales and buy stuff cheap. Then sell on Ebay or kijiji.

Many moons ago i did just this inbetween jobs in the uk. Bicycles are a good profit maker. Old motorcycles too if you know what you are doing.

If you have a hobby? Maybe you could turn that into a business. Again i did that with m/c's, stripping bikes, recycling and selling parts in a breakers yard.

Edit~Last month i bought a mint blue Fender Squire strat, with a stand, and a soft case, several leads and piks. All for $40. Im sure i could double my money on Kijiji or ebay.

It plays and looks to good to sell though. Its a keeper. Lol

Last edited by magnumpi; Nov 10th 2011 at 3:12 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 3:10 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Or picking. Look for garage or table top sales and buy stuff cheap. Then sell on Ebay or kijiji.

Many moons ago i did just this inbetween jobs in the uk. Bicycles are a good profit maker. Old motorcycles too if you know what you are doing.

If you have a hobby? Maybe you could turn that into a business. Again i did that with m/c's, stripping bikes, recycling and selling parts in a breakers yard.

Edit~Last month i bought a mint blue Fender Squire strat, with a stand, and a soft case, several leads and piks. All for $40. Im sure i could double my money on Kajiji or ebay.

It plays and looks to good to sell though. Its a keeper. Lol
What is it you normally do? It's difficult to advise if we have no idea what your talents are.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 3:17 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve.gibbs007
Thanks for the response mate, thought I'd been sent to Coventry.

I live in remote Northern Ontario and there is no work for 'what I do'. We're very fortunate I don't really need to work but man, I'm sooooooooo bored!

Just wanted something to occupy my time that might give me some pocket money to blow in Canadian Tire or whizz up the wall.

Cheers again.
Since when was Bedford,NS in Northern Ontario?
Old Nov 10th 2011, 3:18 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
What is it you normally do? It's difficult to advise if we have no idea what your talents are.
Whats what i normaly do got to do with making a living, or extra cash, over my life time.

As i said, i made cash with the above sugestions when i was short of cash, ok in the UK, while work was in a dip, but it can still be done here i would have thought.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 3:24 pm
Been here 8 years now...

Normally - I'm an aircraft fitter by trade but no-one is making planes up here. Since then I've been a manager in car manufacturing, train overhaul and fencing. None of that up here either!

I guess I was looking for a niche little earner. I do the car boot/garage sales but they've all stopped now due to the weather

Just wondered if anyone does anything from home, like you see in those adverts !
Old Nov 10th 2011, 3:24 pm

Whats what i normaly do got to do with making a living, or extra cash, over my life time.

As i said, i made cash with the above sugestions when i was short of cash, ok in the UK, while work was in a dip, but it can still be done here i would have thought.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 3:25 pm
Been here 8 years now...

Sorry Yin - changed it now !

Only moved in Feb. this year. Been busy......................
Old Nov 10th 2011, 3:25 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi

Magnumpi, I was addressing my comment to Steve, not you. I apologise if I did not make that clear.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 3:29 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Originally Posted by Steve.gibbs007
Normally - I'm an aircraft fitter by trade but no-one is making planes up here. Since then I've been a manager in car manufacturing, train overhaul and fencing. None of that up here either!

I guess I was looking for a niche little earner. I do the car boot/garage sales but they've all stopped now due to the weather

Just wondered if anyone does anything from home, like you see in those adverts !
In my experience, adverts for working from home usually turn out to be a scam. Either they want money from you, or get you doing something that earns sod all.

What about voluntary work? Although it doesn't pay,it can get you contacts for jobs, go on your resume, etc . And sometimes they pay expenses.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 3:30 pm

Magnumpi, I was addressing my comment to Steve, not you. I apologise if I did not make that clear.
Oops. Sowry. Fair point though. Looking at his pik he mayber a pro hockey player. Leafs need a goalie at the mo maybe send a dvd of his last game.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.