Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Working from home.

Working from home.

Old Nov 12th 2011, 3:58 am
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Working from home.

Originally Posted by Arris
Have you thought of doing some voluntary work?

I did some in the UK & few of my friends thought I was nuts giving my time for nothing but what I got was rewarding in itself. Voluntary work seems quite popular here (well in NS that is) with the younger generation too which is great.
I do voluntary work at my youngest kids' school in both their classes and also as a member of a parent's task force. It's lots of fun, I have met other parents and we get free coffee and doughnuts too!! It also looks good on your resume and makes you feel you are putting something back into the community that has been so welcoming.

Plus it's providing a good insight into school life in Canada for when I return to work as a Special Needs TA, hopefully early next year.

Our eldest daughter does a night a month at a soup kitchen in Calgary and tomorrow is volunteering at a Girls' Sports Event at the local leisure centre. (she has to complete a certain number of hours of voluntary work to graduate next summer)