Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Winter Olympics!

Winter Olympics!

Old Feb 12th 2006, 3:26 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter Olympics!

Originally Posted by willmore
They're all canadians who have moved to the states to make more money!
Shall I reword my original post into blonde speak
Old Feb 12th 2006, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by gruffbrown

Please jack - but hurry the game is going to start again soon!
Old Feb 12th 2006, 3:27 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

No, that would be redundant.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 3:30 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Please jack - but hurry the game is going to start again soon!
OK....isn't it a foregone conclusion that the MENS hockey matches will be won by the Canadian MENS team, because half of the AMERICAN hockey league are CANADIAN MEN, who play for AMERICAN NHL teams....
Old Feb 12th 2006, 3:34 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

OK....isn't it a foregone conclusion that the MENS hockey matches will be won by the Canadian MENS team, because half of the AMERICAN hockey league are CANADIAN MEN, who play for AMERICAN NHL teams....
No, the US, Swedes and Russians are all capable of defeating Canada.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 3:37 pm
mañana is my busiest day

The Canadians just shot the puck between the legs of the Russian goalie and scored!!! LOL.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
The Canadians just shot the puck between the legs of the Russian goalie and scored!!! LOL.

Stop laughing!

Canada leading Russia 9 - 0 after 2nd period!

I've started cheering for the russians now! They are playing better, but no match for our canadian girls! Its almost embarrassing!
Old Feb 12th 2006, 3:56 pm
mañana is my busiest day

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
He reminds me of the Jamaican Bobsled Team during the 1988 Winter Olympics that were held in Calgary. It was neat to follow their valiant efforts.
It was even neater to follow the exploits of "Eddie the Eagle" - one of Britain's greatest winter athletes of all time.

Britain's Eddie "the Eagle" Edwards:

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/winte...e-edwards.html

It was said that Eddie "soared like an Eagle" for Britain at the Calgary Olympics.

Last edited by oceanMDX; Feb 12th 2006 at 4:07 pm.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No, the US, Swedes and Russians are all capable of defeating Canada.

Not necessarily true - the US team will have to play alot better then they have been in the past to beat us.

Now the russians, swedes and czech especially are all capable of beating us -0 but of course they wont!
Old Feb 12th 2006, 4:02 pm
mañana is my busiest day

Stop laughing!

Canada leading Russia 9 - 0 after 2nd period!

I've started cheering for the russians now! They are playing better, but no match for our canadian girls! Its almost embarrassing!
I think the foreign 'competition' is going to have to start eating some of our hormone/antibiotic loaded beef or chicken if they are to have any chance against us.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 4:05 pm
mañana is my busiest day

Not necessarily true - the US team will have to play alot better then they have been in the past to beat us.

Now the russians, swedes and czech especially are all capable of beating us -0 but of course they wont!
You are forgetting about the "miracle on ice" at Lake Placid.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You are forgetting about the "miracle on ice" at Lake Placid.

How could one ever forget! Its the only "miracle" the states has to hold on to these days!

It is still mentioned every once in a while on a american station!
Old Feb 12th 2006, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think the foreign 'competition' is going to have to start eating some of our hormone/antibiotic loaded beef or chicken if they are to have any chance against us.

Sounds like a business venture that you and I should investigate - imagine how rich we could be!
Old Feb 12th 2006, 4:18 pm
mañana is my busiest day

Sounds like a business venture that you and I should investigate - imagine how rich we could be!
Yes, the Europeans think having hormones and antibiotics in their food is a bad thing, but we Canadians know better.

Just check out our women's hockey team.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I cant believe this. In the middle of a fight with blood and guts all over the place and major penalties happening - the CBC cuts the coverage of the hockey and broadcasts the speed skating.

What the hell is going on?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.