Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Winter Olympics!

Winter Olympics!

Old Feb 12th 2006, 12:30 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter Olympics!

Originally Posted by CalgaryBlade
And it looks like he might not get to even wax his skis

EPO?
He's American
Old Feb 12th 2006, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Bob

PMSL - hilarious!
Old Feb 12th 2006, 1:03 am
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

Check out the pix on the front page of the official Torino website
http://www.torino2006.org/ENG/Olympi...ome/index.html

Old Feb 12th 2006, 2:28 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Canada has established a new record in Olympic history.

Women's hockey:

Canada 16
Italy 0

This is the greatest trouncing that any hockey team has ever delivered.

The Italian women are small, slow and rather dainty on the ice. Our women are big, fast and strong! I attribute this to their diet of Alberta beef - loaded with growth hormones and antibiotics! They don't put that in spaghetti.

Last edited by oceanMDX; Feb 12th 2006 at 3:08 am.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 12:49 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
Canada has established a new record in Olympic history.

Women's hockey:

Canada 16
Italy 0

This is the greatest trouncing that any hockey team has ever delivered.

The Italian women are small, slow and rather dainty on the ice. Our women are big, fast and strong! I attribute this to their diet of Alberta beef - loaded with growth hormones and antibiotics! They don't put that in spaghetti.
Pleased as I was to see the Canadian gurls win, let's put this into some sort of context.

It was the biggest drubbing handed out in women's olympic hockey since the sport was introduced in 1998 (it beat the previous record, a 13-0 dismantling of Japan by Canada).

There are an estimated 130,000 women hockey players in the world. Half of them are in Canada, with most of the rest in the USA. The Italian team was drawn from a pool of about 120.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Canada - 7 - Russia - 0 - End Of 1st Period Of Womens Hockey

Go Canada Go!!
Old Feb 12th 2006, 3:16 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Interesting how the Canadians always try to put the puck between the pads of the European goalies. I guess they figure that the Europeans have trouble keeping their legs closed.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 3:17 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by willmore
Canada - 7 - Russia - 0 - End Of 1st Period Of Womens Hockey

Go Canada Go!!
Yes. Looks like another serious exercise in butt-kicking. How on earth can the Russians not only have failed to score, but actually concede a goal, when there were only three Canadian gurls on the ice?
Old Feb 12th 2006, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Yes. Looks like another serious exercise in butt-kicking. How on earth can the Russians not only have failed to score, but actually concede a goal, when there were only three Canadian gurls on the ice?

I know, I found myself cheering for the russians they're playing so badly!
Old Feb 12th 2006, 3:20 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it a foregone conclusion when you have half the American NHL playing for your country?
Old Feb 12th 2006, 3:21 pm
mañana is my busiest day

No, this is women's hockey - none of them play in the NHL.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Isn't it a foregone conclusion when you have half the American NHL playing for your country?

This is women's hockey not men's - and most of the men were born in canada anyawy!
Old Feb 12th 2006, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
No, this is women's hockey - none of them play in the NHL.
Really I was talking about the mens
Old Feb 12th 2006, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Really I was talking about the mens

They're all canadians who have moved to the states to make more money!
Old Feb 12th 2006, 3:25 pm
mañana is my busiest day

The men haven't even started playing yet. Our women play the game like Amazons and could probably beat some men's teams.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.