Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Why move to Canada?

Why move to Canada?

Old Feb 22nd 2010, 1:31 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why move to Canada?

Originally Posted by AndySimmo89
(I don't intend to spark an arguement, im just sick of reading these silly comments about everything when i want information)
Thread drift and questionable humour are one of the er....charms? of this place.

After 200+ posts you are best to ask any sensible questions in a new thread.

I guess no one reads the wonderful tips wiki linked to in the "newcomers to the forum" sticky post...
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

AndySimmo89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by el_richo
Then stop reading them.

I'd start a brand new thread that focusses on your question if i were you. Otherwise this will just drown in the crappola around it
Lawl, its difficult not to! i was looking why people wanted to move to canada then the whole rant started haha .

Thanks for the tip bud.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

srixongolfball is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am from Canada and have also been to Britain on holidays.

In my opinion a good reason to come to Canada is because you can own land. Other than that, I don't really understand why people come here to live in a big city- It doesn't make sense to me. Big cities are big cities- London is cooler than anywhere in Canada.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 3:12 pm

mocol is an unknown quantity at this point

)
(I don't intend to spark an arguement, im just sick of reading these silly comments about everything when i want information)
Welcome to BE - I like the way you think!
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 3:21 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, new here.

Flag thing; Yeah i had the st georges cross on my car once, on an england match....

I parked up near a mosque (oops?) and alot of asian people had a go at me for displaying the flag on my car... which i thought was out of order. (I am not being racist)

It depends where you are in the UK, and depends on the person and your local community, example: centre of bradford.

At the end of the day, alot of Sikhs etc display their religious logos on their car, but that person himself may not be doing it to be racist or spark a territorial arguement, but people who do not follow that religion may argue why are you displaying that flag?

I'm not racist and I believe everyone should be entitled to their own freedoms etc etc without inteference from others..

I don't take kindly to people acting agressive to me for displaying my flag, but hey, they have their opinions right? and tell me, how many of us british go to spain wearing our england tshirts etc etc? So stop with the rivalry instinct.

Anyways moving on....

if anyone could give me information about moving to vancouver, bc, canada from the UK that would be greatful...

I'm in hopes of attending a school there (after university) even though it is expensive to study there hehe (Ā£18,000 woah)

I'd like informative replies please, I don't want silly comments about how canada is rubbish etc, I love the UK, I love vancouver BC.

I want to move to study in canada and settle there hopefully for a new life and a change of culture.

I've read up BUNAC, which i may travel to Vancouver for 2months with my girlfriend and sister to work and experience vancouver from a living perspective.

Thanks guys!

Can anyone remember whether Sikhs got exempted from having to wear motorcycle helmets in the end? I'm writing a letter to the Vancouver Province on the subject and I don't know whether to start it with 'it's a rare victory for common sense' or 'yet another case of political correctness gone mad'.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 3:28 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Can anyone remember whether Sikhs got exempted from having to wear motorcycle helmets in the end? I'm writing a letter to the Vancouver Province on the subject and I don't know whether to start it with 'it's a rare victory for common sense' or 'yet another case of political correctness gone mad'.
They can't ride bikes so it's a moot decision.

They are allowed to carry ceremonial samurai swords though so that's pretty cool.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 3:35 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

They can't ride bikes so it's a moot decision.

They are allowed to carry ceremonial samurai swords though so that's pretty cool.
Really, is it against the Shikish religion to ride motorbikes at all?
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 3:36 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Really, is it against the Shikish religion to ride motorbikes at all?
No, they're just shit.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

dthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone remember whether Sikhs got exempted from having to wear motorcycle helmets in the end?
Last I read they have to "pad up" the turban a little . . .

Old Feb 22nd 2010, 3:42 pm

No, they're just shit.
It's a good job Evel Knievel wasn't a Skih. I doubt he'd have survived his jump across the Snake River Canyon on a rocket-powered motorbike with just a bit of cloth wrapped a couple of times around his head. It's certainly food for thought.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 4:08 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

When it comes to religious headgear, Sikhs rock. They make Jews like like amateurs with their silly little skull caps.

Maybe the Pope should make a new rule that all Catholics have to wear a mitre (that's the big Pope & bishop's hat). That would give the Sikhs a bit of competition in the old 'holy hat' stakes!
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

AndySimmo89 is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL.

'Drifting' indeed.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 4:24 pm

The Australians have their didgeridoos, the Scotch have got bagpipes, the Austrians have Alpine horns... It seems every country is allowed to have a national musical instrument except the English. I dare say we're not allowed one in case it "causes offence" to other nationalities. I'm not being racist.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 4:35 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

The Australians have their didgeridoos, the Scotch have got bagpipes, the Austrians have Alpine horns... It seems every country is allowed to have a national musical instrument except the English. I dare say we're not allowed one in case it "causes offence" to other nationalities. I'm not being racist.
The stoicism of the Englishman is truly a thing of wonder.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:04 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

It's Scottish, you sassenach bastard. I'm not being racist.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.