Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What will you most miss about the UK

What will you most miss about the UK

Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What will you most miss about the UK

Indian Curry

Thai Curry

West Indian Curry

Football banter

English seaside
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:13 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glenn wilson
i will miss big brother.... NOT....all the z list celebs..........NOT......and the usual media frenzy over anything........NOT........ oh and the british attitude to celebrating failure....NOT...... im a really nice person really just fed up with all things u.k.

Jade Goody ? She's positively royalty now innit. Has much class has what that Fergie bird had, yeah ?

Rich.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Cars. In the UK people care about cars.
Absolutely RIGHT there me old cock!
I have to sell my...my...(shed tear) Jaguar XJ6 (sob..)
Attached Thumbnails What will you most miss about the UK-32ee_1.jpg  
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
Absolutely RIGHT there me old cock!
I have to sell my...my...(shed tear) Jaguar XJ6 (sob..)
On Ebay...
Old Jan 29th 2007, 11:26 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

We miss certain things more than we thought we would............like the sound of rain hammering on the windows.
I know, I know !!!.........but when you don't hear that sound for 5 months, it makes you realise it was kinda cosy !!!!!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from some of my friends (internet, skype etc can sort that out) I'd miss......

Errrrmmm......

Let me think......

uhm......
Old Jan 30th 2007, 3:03 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perry Groves
Indian Curry

Thai Curry

West Indian Curry

Football banter

English seaside
Err, I think there are more Indian (proper Indian), Thai and West Indian curry restaurants in the GTA alone, than in the whole of the UK. Perhaps not quite, but remember Canada is not homogenous. Manitoba is not BC is not NB is not TO.

Football banter? Come to my local pub.

English seaside? You are joking of course.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

I am not briton but missing english accent , cheap airline/train tickets, british sense of humor ...and certainly there are much more, but Canadian food and restaurants are much better
Old Jan 30th 2007, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windward
..but seriously.

What about the people? Most of us are lovely, if a little quiet. Maybe that's why the ar*eholes get all the press.

The feeling of driving down the same road a civilisation built almost 2000 years ago, even if it is hopelessly congested...

... decent mobile phone contracts???

...struggling now but will think of more. Perhaps actually getting on with getting out of here will concentrate the mind.
Do I detect a little doubt creeping in?
Old Jan 30th 2007, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Cars. In the UK people care about cars.
SO true!
Old Jan 30th 2007, 5:41 am
To Infinity and Beyond

Dive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steve666
I asked my wife last night what she will miss most when leaving the UK, she said in a straight face "The Polish people"...
I will miss most....

Sky Sports News
Match of the Day
Soccer AM
A proper nice Indian

But most of all, I will miss England I think its a sad day when you feel you have to leave your own country to have a better life for you and your family in another country. Argumentative I know, but its a reality. But on the flip side dont get me wrong, I am looking forward to seeing my kids grow up and hopefully have a more fulfilling life in Canada.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

I'll miss Basingstoke!!!!!!!
Ok maybe not, not sure what i might miss yet but i'm certain the Canadian TV will drive me nuts but then it's a good excuse to get out and do something instead of becoming a Canadian couch potato i suppose.

Hey Rich never knew you were a member of the "Jade Goody appreciation society"
Old Jan 30th 2007, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I'll have a semi-serious go

o Our pokey little local traditional real-ale pub and it's Thursday pub quiz.
o The 500-year old "Royal Oak" pub in Cerne Abbas with it's original oak beams; all history from "the good old days".
o Absolutely, curries. The GTA may be well serviced but the Okanagan isn't.
o Real ale (although I acknowledge there are some brilliant micro-breweries in BC).
o The Isles of Scilly.
o The Lake District.
o Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall.
o Boris Johnson.
o Stephen Fry.
o Sainsbury's grape-and-melon squash.

Last edited by Iain Mc; Jan 30th 2007 at 10:37 am.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 11:44 am
purple-ferrets

purple-ferrets is an unknown quantity at this point

What no curries pah may have to re-think

We go to a lot of the steam fairs here, we'll miss them! I've not seen similar in Canada, that is unless someone corrects me
Old Jan 30th 2007, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

sixofus! is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree - Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall - my hubby loves him!
i sort of watch the tv behind my hads and cringe at the stuff he eats!

hes great we met him you know........

Somebody please tell me curry is good in canada (we have it all the time lol)- i might have to resort to sending over jars of it..... along with proper chocolate !)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.