Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What will you most miss about the UK

Old Jan 29th 2007, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What will you most miss about the UK

I asked my wife last night what she will miss most when leaving the UK, she said in a straight face "The Polish people"...
Old Jan 29th 2007, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Darrens479 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What will you most miss about the UK

Hi Steve

I will miss driving from London to Newbury everyday down the M4.

No more waving to all the nice people cutting me up!
No more waiting in traffic for a hour to find out it was just a car broken down!!
No more greeting the workmen sitting in their van drinking their morning cuppa!

But all is not lost, I could find myself in the same boat in Canada!!

Darren
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:00 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve666
Chicken tikka massala!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:02 pm
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

..but seriously.

What about the people? Most of us are lovely, if a little quiet. Maybe that's why the ar*eholes get all the press.

The feeling of driving down the same road a civilisation built almost 2000 years ago, even if it is hopelessly congested...

... decent mobile phone contracts???

...struggling now but will think of more. Perhaps actually getting on with getting out of here will concentrate the mind.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by windward
..but seriously.

What about the people? Most of us are lovely, if a little quiet. Maybe that's why the ar*eholes get all the press.

The feeling of driving down the same road a civilisation built almost 2000 years ago, even if it is hopelessly congested...

...struggling now but will think of more. Perhaps actually getting on with getting out of here will concentrate the mind.
For a minute there I thought your were going to quote
"What have the romans ever done for us????"

Darren
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Darrens479
Hi Steve

I will miss driving from London to Newbury everyday down the M4.

No more waving to all the nice people cutting me up!
No more waiting in traffic for a hour to find out it was just a car broken down!!
No more greeting the workmen sitting in their van drinking their morning cuppa!

But all is not lost, I could find myself in the same boat in Canada!!

Darren
Hi Darren, M25 is worse...

I was in Toronto 3 years ago and was driving from Ottawa via Toronto to get to Burlington one late afternoon. The traffic was just as bad if not worse around Toronto than I'd ever experienced on the M25. But generally driving in Canada is a LOT more restful.

Personally I'll miss the 'history' thing and all that encompasses. (is that a proper phrase )
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Darren, M25 is worse...

I was in Toronto 3 years ago and was driving from Ottawa via Toronto to get to Burlington one late afternoon. The traffic was just as bad if not worse around Toronto than I'd ever experienced on the M25. But generally driving in Canada is a LOT more restful.

Personally I'll miss the 'history' thing and all that encompasses. (is that a proper phrase )
Perhaps thinking about it!!

I will miss where I saw my kids grow up (i.e. First playground, first bike ride etc..)
But on the other hand I will see then grow even further in Canada.

Darren
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by windward
..but seriously.

You'll get me thinking about staying if you carry on like that, NOT!

<Maybe that's why the ar*eholes get all the press.>
You're right about that...
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Darrens479
Perhaps thinking about it!!

I will miss where I saw my kids grow up (i.e. First playground, first bike ride etc..)
But on the other hand I will see then grow even further in Canada.

Darren
Just think, when the 3 generations down the line of your family do their family tree you will be at the top as the immigrant that started them all!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

I asked my wife last night what she will miss most when leaving the UK, she said in a straight face "The Polish people"...
Well im sure you wife will love canada, there plenty of polish people here to!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by celine_uk
Well im sure you wife will love canada, there plenty of polish people here to!
Ye but their more spread out
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

glenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the rough

i will miss big brother.... NOT....all the z list celebs..........NOT......and the usual media frenzy over anything........NOT........ oh and the british attitude to celebrating failure....NOT...... im a really nice person really just fed up with all things u.k.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:00 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Family

Friends

Beer

Late night curry

cant think of anything else.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:04 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Cars. In the UK people care about cars.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by glenn wilson
i will miss big brother.... NOT....all the z list celebs..........NOT......and the usual media frenzy over anything........NOT........ oh and the british attitude to celebrating failure....NOT...... im a really nice person really just fed up with all things u.k.
Won't you miss Hull

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.