Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What to expect from the NHS !

What to expect from the NHS !

Old Jun 29th 2006, 3:23 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to expect from the NHS !

Originally Posted by Canada Bob
For ***** sake, grow up...

I've been insulted by better men than you, and they all came unstuck...

Go face the wall for 20 minutes and curse at the bricks, that might get the venom out of you.

Bob.
I don't think you're getting this "attack the opinion not the person" idea. Do you want to debate NHS care vs. veterinary care or not?
Old Jun 29th 2006, 3:24 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

And who make you the Hanging Judge sonny ?

Tell you what, let's hear 7 things about you...
Feel free.....................................
Old Jun 29th 2006, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dormy
I could get much better treatment for a fraction of the £300 a month in National insurance contributions I pay, if I paid private insurance.
Me too. But that's not the point: when I get old the premiums won't be anything like that. You could just have a private system, but then even if you were rich you'd still die for lack of healthcare at some point.

That's why we pool our risk with all ages and pay more (when young) and less (when old).

K.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Canada Bob has a brilliant futureCanada Bob has a brilliant futureCanada Bob has a brilliant futureCanada Bob has a brilliant futureCanada Bob has a brilliant futureCanada Bob has a brilliant futureCanada Bob has a brilliant futureCanada Bob has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kt0157
That wouldn't be the same immigration officials we were discussing on another thread, would it? The same officials that used their powers in an arbitrary fashion to inflict fear and unpleasantness on our fellow subscribers? You know, the strip searches, threats of deportation, arbitrary detention, delays, fines, that kind of thing?We're all starting to get a very clear picture of you.
K.
So YOU have a clear picture of me hey, well that's AMAZING seeing as you can't even get the right Country re the Immigration guys, and let's be fair there was only 2 to pick from

And I guess by your inference is that ALL Immigration folks are fascists hey !

Tell you what, you post that, and we'll all have a do at you about it, sigh.

Last edited by Canada Bob; Jun 29th 2006 at 3:48 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Canada Bob has a brilliant futureCanada Bob has a brilliant futureCanada Bob has a brilliant futureCanada Bob has a brilliant futureCanada Bob has a brilliant futureCanada Bob has a brilliant futureCanada Bob has a brilliant futureCanada Bob has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Strikes me the closest Bob can come to debating is masturbating.
Good one, par for your course I expect, glad you made the comment, shows the measure of you.

Made my day that one has, something no doubt you can be proud of !

Anyone else like to rally round this flag while its flying ?
Old Jun 29th 2006, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

dormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to behold

Me too. But that's not the point: when I get old the premiums won't be anything like that. You could just have a private system, but then even if you were rich you'd still die for lack of healthcare at some point.

That's why we pool our risk with all ages and pay more (when young) and less (when old).

K.
At least that would then be my decision, I could weigh up my pro's and cons and live or die by my decision; then I may not need to wait 4 weeks for an appointment to speak to my GP
Old Jun 29th 2006, 3:32 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Good one, par for your course I expect, glad you made the comment, shows the measure of you.

Made my day that one has, something no doubt you can be proud of !
Still waiting for you to actually challenge (in anything approaching an inteligent manner) my earlier posts.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 3:34 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Still waiting for you to actually challenge (in anything approaching an inteligent manner) my earlier posts.
You spelled "intelligent" wrong.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Feel free.....................................
Go on then Butchy Boy, tell us 7 things about yourself...

Try not to mention masturbating {more than once} though...
Old Jun 29th 2006, 3:35 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Me too.
I think it's really important to grasp that this is not true if most people have private insurance, it only works if the private insurers can cherry pick from the NHS patients. In a "system" such as exists in the US, where almost all employed people have coverage at some point in their lives, the premiums are very much higher and yet medical bills are the major cause of personal bankruptcy. This despite the country having arguably the worlds largest federally funded healthcare system as well as state and county systems to deal with the uninsured.

Three hundred quid a month is nothing, just nothing, in terms of healthcare premiums.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 3:36 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Souvenir
You spelled "intelligent" wrong.
sorry
Old Jun 29th 2006, 3:37 pm
Banned

Go on then Butchy Boy, tell us 7 things about yourself...

Try not to mention masturbating {more than once} though...
Oh I thought you were going to do that for me?
Old Jun 29th 2006, 3:38 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by dormy
At least that would then be my decision, I could weigh up my pro's and cons and live or die by my decision; then I may not need to wait 4 weeks for an appointment to speak to my GP
You can already do this. If what you want is to pay money and been seen immediately in a spa like clinic, fly to Houston, the hotel will have stacks of brochures for such places and you can even pick one from the inflight magazine.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

You're right on the electrodes comment, and I appreciate your fairness on that, just because we don't agree on a topic or are able to relate to a particular humour shouldn't provoke comments like that.
I would like to point out that the reference to electrodes was not a threat or a joke. It was not an "uncalled for comment". It was a comparison to make a point: people living in the UK do not experience things that some asylum seekers do. The authorities in the UK do not attach electrodes to testicles. The authorities in some other countries do. The Turkish police in 2001 were found to have detained a human rights activist, attached electrodes to his testicles and toes, and hung him up by his arms. This was done to make him sign a retraction to his testimony about the actions of Turkish security forces.

If you ever are tortured by Government security forces and still insist that all asylum seekers are scroungers looking for a free council house I will take your opinions more seriously.

K.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Oh I thought you were going to do that for me?
Do you want to read that again? maybe you should rephrase that ?

I'm not going to do anything for you LOL !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.