Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What area and why

What area and why

Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What area and why

Originally Posted by Solarfish
[URL]

nuff said?
That's not you in the picture, that's Don Kenning, I'd recognise him anywhere.
Imposter sir!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:31 am
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
No, I like seedy
You ARE the epitome of seedy. A sort of seedy avatar so to speak.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

Alro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by steve666
That's not you in the picture, that's Don Kenning, I'd recognise him anywhere.
Imposter sir!
Who ?
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madmac
You ARE the epitome of seedy. A sort of seedy avatar so to speak.
Seedy as in gone to ground, probably right.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Alro
Who ?
You sir, that person in the left bottom half of that mountain pic is Don, is your name Don?
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:48 am
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NSpaul
Thats a great story. I'm curious to know how they managed to track you down when you were in the planning stage!? Spooky or what.
Like most explanations, its no way as exciting as you might think.

Back in 96 I went to a seminar held at the High Commission for people interested in emigrating under the "Entrepreneur Visa " scheme. They got my name from that, as MB trade were there with a guy who had come from the UK and bought a Casket company (Coffins), he told us of the problems and pleasures he had in emigrating to MB.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you poor thing, there isn't a Mall in sight!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 2:42 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Kamloops, BC because of cheap housing and loads of things to do for the kids.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

Polar Bear will become famous soon enough

We loved Canmore!
Old Nov 10th 2007, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rob4BC
Oh you poor thing, there isn't a Mall in sight!
Yeah life here is hell, I have to work at home doing the same job I was doing in the UK but now I don't get to drive 3 hours a day to and from an office. It gets so cold here that we actually have snow falling on the mountains which means I'll have nothing much to do with my spare time over the next six months other than ski. Everyone we meet is friendly and helpful, the children love their new schools and are doing well and my wife has had to start a new job which she enjoys and that leads to massive discounts on ski passes. It is truly awful, I am an Englishman with nothing to complain about, I don't know what to do with myself
Old Nov 10th 2007, 7:36 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah life here is hell, I have to work at home doing the same job I was doing in the UK but now I don't get to drive 3 hours a day to and from an office. It gets so cold here that we actually have snow falling on the mountains which means I'll have nothing much to do with my spare time over the next six months other than ski. Everyone we meet is friendly and helpful, the children love their new schools and are doing well and my wife has had to start a new job which she enjoys and that leads to massive discounts on ski passes. It is truly awful, I am an Englishman with nothing to complain about, I don't know what to do with myself
Thought this was fab
Old Nov 10th 2007, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Alro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant future
Exclamation Re: What area and why

Originally Posted by Alvic
Thought this was fab
Alvic

To add insult to injury, we applied to the town council for a building permit to convert our basement. Normally takes about 3 weeks. Told them that we could really do with it fast as we really want to get on with it. They sped up the process. Took the time to emplain everything. Gave great advice along the way. Those Bast$*ds, polite, professional and helpful. How dare they.

As for skiing, working in new job in a ski resort (full time all year round). Free skiing for me and family. Fantastic, fun people. Full of foreigners (for the season only), lots of Australians who are full of life. Truly an amazing place to work. Bloody immigrants - taking all the jobs

Good God alive, I could go on complaining but need to help OH in the basement.

By the way Avlic, I am the OH of Solarfish.

Alro
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alro
Alvic

To add insult to injury, we applied to the town council for a building permit to convert our basement. Normally takes about 3 weeks. Told them that we could really do with it fast as we really want to get on with it. They sped up the process. Took the time to emplain everything. Gave great advice along the way. Those Bast$*ds, polite, professional and helpful. How dare they.

As for skiing, working in new job in a ski resort (full time all year round). Free skiing for me and family. Fantastic, fun people. Full of foreigners (for the season only), lots of Australians who are full of life. Truly an amazing place to work. Bloody immigrants - taking all the jobs

Good God alive, I could go on complaining but need to help OH in the basement.

By the way Avlic, I am the OH of Solarfish.

Alro
All this happiness and efficiency just will not do!
And to top it all, the stores stock M*arm*te!
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:50 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

We chose Ontario, we have family and friends there, but it looks as though we might end up in SK, not sure where or when, but hopefully in Canada......

OH has 2nd phone interview this week and still got everything crossed...

Charlie
Old Nov 10th 2007, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rob4BC
All this happiness and efficiency just will not do!
And to top it all, the stores stock M*arm*te!
Hi Rob4BC

Marmite arghhhhhh

Was talking to my mother in Ireland today. She always asks if we are happy. For us happiness depended on a sucessful move here. For that I believe that three things were needed. Good planning, luck and the right attitude. We were very lucky getting here. We planned well and finally our attitides have change.

Before, we both worked our backsides off to have a large house, two large cars, private schools blah blah blah. We had decided that coming to Canada meant that our attitudes had to change if we were going to be happy. Not that everything is rosie but I think that we appreciate more when strangers are helpful and kind. We did have a bad thing happen to us since we arrived (lost a cat to a coyote) but God alive if that is the worse thing that happens to us in the next year then I will be grateful.

Anyway, on the side of the glass being half empty, there is a mound of ironing waiting for me. On the more optimistic side, a nice bottle of wine is also waiting.

Regards
Alro

Last edited by Alro; Nov 10th 2007 at 9:38 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.