UK Pension

Old Sep 3rd 2009, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: UK Pension

Will they pay me the last 14 years of increases? To bring my pension up to date they would have to give me a 34% increase or an extra $1700/year.
No I don't think so and I believe this will go they same way as previous attempts to introduce indexing.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:29 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Interesting, very interesting.

Does anyone really know what the UK pensions office requires as proof of nation of residence?
This is the first time I've visited BE today. I am sure someone has said it already, but welcome back Steve.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Spritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Paul1978
I can't see it being approved. Why would the UK increase it when you’re going to spend it in another country and therefore not helping the UK economy at all?
But they get it in the States - how's that?
Old Sep 4th 2009, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

Spritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
A thought, because the USA is approved to uprate pensions couldnt you just buy a little place in Maine or whatever state is below your province and live there six months of the year?
Because we couldn't afford "a little place in Maine" on a part-time basis - we emigrated to Canada.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Paul1978
I can't see it being approved. Why would the UK increase it when you’re going to spend it in another country and therefore not helping the UK economy at all?
1 I paid into it for 17 years.
2. Brits who emmigrate to the US and many other countries get it.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 12:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danfolkestone
This is nothing to do with the EU, it's the European Court of Human Rights. There is absolutely no connection between the two - the EU's court is the European Court of Justice.
I didn't say there was. Read my post (and the quote of the poster that I had quoted) again
Old Sep 5th 2009, 11:59 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Good point

Originally Posted by Spritzer
Because we couldn't afford "a little place in Maine" on a part-time basis - we emigrated to Canada.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 12:02 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Interesting, very interesting.

Does anyone really know what the UK pensions office requires as proof of nation of residence?
My thoughts precisely (sly sneaky minds think alike). I know of an address in Maine where they accept packages and you nip over the border to collect (they very kindly call to let you know they have arrived). This isn't a PO box but a real address
Old Sep 5th 2009, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
My thoughts precisely (sly sneaky minds think alike). I know of an address in Maine where they accept packages and you nip over the border to collect (they very kindly call to let you know they have arrived). This isn't a PO box but a real address
There are several checks included in the application, one requirement is proof of residency from a bank.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 4:44 pm
Happy in NB

Originally Posted by Keith
There are several checks included in the application, one requirement is proof of residency from a bank.
Thanks for the information, I guess I will have to save up for a shed in Maine
Old Sep 5th 2009, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

1 I paid into it for 17 years.
2. Brits who emmigrate to the US and many other countries get it.
But nowhere in the "Commonwealth"
Old Sep 5th 2009, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Retired friends here in BC have just received a very curt letter from the Pensions Office. They have been caught out (don't ask me how) collecting their pension here using an address of a house they still own in the UK.

Don't know if they have to pay anything back...

We changed our residency as soon as we got PR status....I'd never make a gansters moll!
Old Sep 5th 2009, 7:46 pm
Happy in NB

Retired friends here in BC have just received a very curt letter from the Pensions Office. They have been caught out (don't ask me how) collecting their pension here using an address of a house they still own in the UK.

Don't know if they have to pay anything back...

We changed our residency as soon as we got PR status....I'd never make a gansters moll!
tell them to respond "I'll tell the Daily Mail if you do anything nasty to me"
Old Sep 5th 2009, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

But nowhere in the "Commonwealth"
Except Barbados, Bermuda, Cyprus, Gibraltar, Jamaica and Malta.
http://www.britishpensions.com/problem.html

Last edited by Keith; Sep 5th 2009 at 7:51 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Except Barbados, Bermuda, Cyprus, Gibraltar, Jamaica and Malta.
http://www.britishpensions.com/problem.html
Can't figure it out - no doubt the men in suits have a very convoluted reason!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.