Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

SNOWING in Abbotsford!!!

SNOWING in Abbotsford!!!

Old Nov 23rd 2011, 12:24 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SNOWING in Abbotsford!!!

Originally Posted by agr
Not here - residential streets get graded back to 4 inches of snow within a week or so of a storm. However winter tires (not snow tires) are commonplace.

This year I noticed some safe (even cooperative) driving around first snowfall, but it was all gone within a few days once everyone felt invincible again.
Not here, we're lucky if they do residential streets once in the winter, then they just pile the snow up on the side of the road and make an even bigger mess
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 4:23 am
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Snow has just about all gone in Airdrie today with temps back up to plus 9 degrees. I am wondering if our first Christmas in Canada is actually going to be a white one...will be really disappointing if there is no snow!!
Old Nov 24th 2011, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helcat12
Just thought I would tell you.

My first snow in Canada and I am very excited.
How childish is that!
Hi
One thing we first noticed, when we came here, is how white & clean the snow is.
Cheers
Jerry
Old Nov 24th 2011, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I take it you are avoiding making snowballs out of the yellowish coloured snow?
Old Nov 25th 2011, 12:26 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Snow is too dry here to make balls with, I mean what's the point of snow if you can't make snowmen or snow balls
Old Nov 25th 2011, 1:38 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi
One thing we first noticed, when we came here, is how white & clean the snow is.
Cheers
Jerry
It was beautiful when I tried to take a photo.
The flash caught all the snow which had accumulated on the tree branches which are very close to our house and it was like thousands of tiny answering flashes coming back at me.

In the UK last year there was very heavy snow in our area of the UK and it was thick lying for days and days. We lived quite rurally and I had two foot icicles on my guttering at one point which had never happened before.
I could see for miles over the fields and hills which were white, empty and silent, as the snow muffled everything (and there wasn't any traffic on the village roads because of the snow up there anyway.)

That was special and beautiful, too but here is different because where we lived in England we had very few trees.
It is a whole different landscape here to see at all different times of the year.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 4:01 am
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Lovely snow back again this morning! The morning walk to the school bus stop as the sun was coming up was gorgeous, not too cold and the snow was shimmering pink in the sunlight...stunning

I hear a Chinnook is coming in again over the weekend (headache for me no doubt)