Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Small SUV - Which would you choose?

Small SUV - Which would you choose?

Old May 2nd 2012, 12:34 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Small SUV - Which would you choose?

Originally Posted by JimboV6
That's a good point...a more frugal 4 cylinder vehicle will likely be more sought after on the second hand market and therefore easier to sell after a few years of ownership.

Not sure how that Yahoo page can validate putting both the Highlander and the CRV under the same "midsize" section though. That is misleading. The Highlander is bigger than the RAV and more comparable in size to the Honda Pilot.
The CRV and Rav are nice enough, but are they arent really $10k nicer than the Mitsubishi equivalent. Its a serious price differential. I see a lot of Mitsus and Hyundais around here nowadays.

Last edited by iaink; May 2nd 2012 at 2:56 pm.
Old May 2nd 2012, 2:03 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
is that the 330 #23? 1967 Daytona 24h winner?

And I agree with Iain that the other one looks like a Bugatti Royale. Spent a happy afternoon with my dad many years ago in the museum at Mulhouse, but this looks to be in a rather less public garage? Friends in high places indeed.
http://www.worlds-luxury-guide.com/M...upe-87-Million

Now Im really intrigued how he came to be sitting in it! Maybe at the Cunningham museum?

Hes left us dangling long enough I think!

Last edited by iaink; May 2nd 2012 at 2:06 pm.
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:22 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
With gas prices going up maybe this article will shed light on the best for fuel economy SUVs take note that prices are in USD not Canadian

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/suvs-wit...l-economy.html
These cars are much cheaper new in the states. Are we permitted to buy in the states tax free and pay the taxes in Canada, if so, what rate for BC? Thanks.

Do you think the CRV is middle class car? Do you think I could get a parrot in the back? Or do you think I would have to buy a honda pilot (is it the chinese that get their l and r's mixed up?
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:24 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fletcher m
Do you think the CRV is middle class car?
I think it indicates you've bred and given up on life.
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:26 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

These cars are much cheaper new in the states. Are we permitted to buy in the states tax free and pay the taxes in Canada, if so, what rate for BC? Thanks.

Do you think the CRV is middle class car? Do you think I could get a parrot in the back? Or do you think I would have to buy a honda pilot (is it the chinese that get their l and r's mixed up?
I think that i have the answer on the other thread from Aviator. thanks.

i might have given up on life! Too much time on here, anyone watching thenewcastle, chelsea game. Not avail here except on 3D!
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:32 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Was it not the CRV that came with a picnic table stowed in the back?

Now, I'm not trying to be sexist by suggesting the CRV "is a woman's car"; just that I've always believed it was "designed for the fairer sex".

Do you think the CRV is middle class car?
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:33 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Greenhill

Now, I'm not trying to be sexist by suggesting the CRV "is a woman's car"; just that I've always believed it was "designed for the fairer sex".
Another ford 150 driver i suppose!
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:34 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Another ford 150 driver i suppose!
Are you suggesting Honda's marketing department chose a picnic table as a key accessory to attract more male buyers?
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:39 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Dont men go on family picnics then? I must be doing it wrong. Mind you, i wouldnt pay 10k extra for the picnic table, popular mechanics contained a plan to make your own folding suitcase picnic table back in 1952.

Last edited by iaink; May 2nd 2012 at 7:42 pm.
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:41 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greenhill

It was indeed. And Mrs JonboyE drives it. She loves it. I love the fact that it is properly screwed together and just seems to go on, and on, and on.
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:43 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by R I C H
Are you suggesting Honda's marketing department chose a picnic table as a key accessory to attract more male buyers?
I didn't know that they had a picnic table as standard spec or an option. Anyway, 150 drivers like a little cottage i'm told. In the woods.
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:45 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

They might go, but they won't be the driver/owner of the CRV.

Originally Posted by iaink
Dont men go on family picnics then?
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:45 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by JonboyE
It was indeed. And Mrs JonboyE drives it. She loves it. I love the fact that it is properly screwed together and just seems to go on, and on, and on.
Bit rude to call her "it"

My wife is properly screwed together too, and like our daughter she can go on and on and on too.

Oh... thats not what you meant was it.

Old May 2nd 2012, 8:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by R I C H
OK, you have me, I can find the tent as a extra but no picnic table.
Old May 3rd 2012, 6:28 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
The CRV and Rav are nice enough, but are they arent really $10k nicer than the Mitsubishi equivalent. Its a serious price differential. I see a lot of Mitsus and Hyundais around here nowadays.
I quite like the look of the new CRV (a picnic table makes my pulse beat much much faster too!). But as for style and cost and parrot stashing abilities how would you rate the Suzuki SX4 against the CRV and the Rav?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.