Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Small SUV - Which would you choose?

Small SUV - Which would you choose?

Old Apr 21st 2012, 9:40 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Small SUV - Which would you choose?

Originally Posted by Londonuck
I had a brand new Suzuki Grand V. Loved it, wish i had it now rather than the cheap car i bought which is turning out to be a nightmare.

I HATE CARS
I can completely understand that level of emotion, We have a Renault Scenic, which I hate, and I have vowed to never put my bottom in again, and a Fiat 500 that I love, and feel true pleasure in driving, and I will be sorry to see go. At the present I really think I am in favour of getting a Suzuki SX4...they seem to be quite economical and reliable and not too big and boxy.

Last edited by MillieF; Apr 21st 2012 at 9:41 am. Reason: Typo
Old Apr 21st 2012, 3:45 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I'm confused. Are people really saying a Nissan Cube is cute and attractive I have jokingly said to my daughter that she will get one for her first car and she has said she would rather take the bus

Oh well each to their own, it would be a boring place if we all liked the same, I mean people liked the first Fiat Multipla - stuff of nightmares in my view.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 3:55 pm
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well each to their own
Yup. Someone has to love them just like the Volkswagen Thing and AMC Gremlin.

My daughter has her eyes on my Cooper S.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 4:05 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hawk13
My daughter has her eyes on my Cooper S.
Your daughter has great taste, hide the keys!
Old Apr 21st 2012, 6:14 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
I can completely understand that level of emotion, We have a Renault Scenic, which I hate, and I have vowed to never put my bottom in again, and a Fiat 500 that I love, and feel true pleasure in driving, and I will be sorry to see go. At the present I really think I am in favour of getting a Suzuki SX4...they seem to be quite economical and reliable and not too big and boxy.
The Fiat 500 Abarth is being released here soon. It will be more like the UK Esseesse than the standard Abarth, I think 160 or so bhp. I've driven the UK version with 130 bhp and it was a fast little thing. The North American one should be incredible - though not the smoothest ride.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 10:03 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lmartin999
The Fiat 500 Abarth is being released here soon. It will be more like the UK Esseesse than the standard Abarth, I think 160 or so bhp. I've driven the UK version with 130 bhp and it was a fast little thing. The North American one should be incredible - though not the smoothest ride.
Is that a typo or is it the stoopidest brand name ever spawned by Satan?
Old Apr 21st 2012, 10:07 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
, and a Fiat 500 that I love, and feel true pleasure in driving, and I will be sorry to see go.
The Fiat 500 Abarth is being released here soon.
Oh, and by the way: Millie please meet Mr. Martin, he's the Fiat 500 fan I mentioned on that car thread in the France forum.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 10:27 pm
BEER Enthusiast

Bleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond repute

Rav4 is assembled in Woodstock if that matters at all to the OP. Cars assembled here have a well known reputation for better build/reliability over, say one made in the US.

Last edited by Bleepedy Bloops; Apr 21st 2012 at 10:30 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 10:47 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Oh, and by the way: Millie please meet Mr. Martin, he's the Fiat 500 fan I mentioned on that car thread in the France forum.
Not that I actually own one, but if I have to stay here then I am considering the idea. It would of course go against my principle of only buying a car that has depreciated at least 80% of its original price.

As for the name, no typo. Obviously it is pronounced SS, I guess they were just trying to avoid the letters.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 10:56 pm
Born again atheist

As for the name, no typo. Obviously it is pronounced SS, I guess they were just trying to avoid the letters.
FFS, then why not have it as EssEss? Phuking Italians.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 11:35 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bleepedy Bloops
Rav4 is assembled in Woodstock if that matters at all to the OP. Cars assembled here have a well known reputation for better build/reliability over, say one made in the US.
I don't believe that for a moment. Is this "received wisdom" or can you point to anything more concrete to back up your assertion?
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I don't believe that for a moment. Is this "received wisdom" or can you point to anything more concrete to back up your assertion?
I used to teach in Woodstock. It was rather nice being near to Blenheim Palace. I don't. however, recall any car assembly plant. Cowley was not too far though. Red Robbo, square steering wheel and all that....
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

SarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond repute
Smile HONDA CRV

Hi guys,

I got my Honda CRV last year and really like it. I test drove a load of SUVs and this one was best for legroom as I'm tall. I don't keep bumping my legs into bits of the car.

I also got it as Honda had the financing rate on at 0.9% which has now gone out the window as the new model has been released.

Also, it's good it you have tall passengers in the back. Mine is a four cylinder so it's gas mileage isn't far off a normal car.

My only gripe is that it's has a very restrictive towing capacity of 1500lb in Canada. if you bought the exact same car in e.g. the UK, it would be far higher.

Cheers,

Sarah

Last edited by SarahBC; Apr 22nd 2012 at 1:38 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 2:18 am
Born again atheist

I used to teach in Woodstock. It was rather nice being near to Blenheim Palace. I don't. however, recall any car assembly plant. Cowley was not too far though. Red Robbo, square steering wheel and all that....
Did you know it's JamesM's birthday today? I thought you'd be out drinking Newkie Brown tonight.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Did you know it's JamesM's birthday today? I thought you'd be out drinking Newkie Brown tonight.
What??? How do you know this? Why do I not know this?

Most importantly - where is he???

I am worried he might wake up tomorrow am handcuffed to a bed and covered in sweet potato fries....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.