Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

IT Skilled workers

IT Skilled workers

Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:29 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT Skilled workers

Originally Posted by 3monkeys
hi thanks for the web sites i will get my husband to look through tonight when he gets home
Dont forget www.nbjobs.ca
Old Jul 29th 2008, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

the_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
Hook near Woking?
WOW!! Just doing a search on IT jobs on the forum and found this thread! I currently work in Hook at Virgin Media (nr Basingstoke)... it's a very small world indeed!

Oh, we're getting our medicals done on Thurs and I'm an IT Support Analyst/Network Administrator with 11 years experience. If you may know of any positions available I can PM you with my CV.. oops..err...I mean resume!

Cheers,
Michael
Old Jul 29th 2008, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

http://www1.vancouver.com/jobs/vanco...index.htm#creo
Good Luck
Yoong
Old Aug 1st 2008, 4:45 pm

ville303 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.aslinternet.com/company/employment.php

Jobs in Kamloops!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

JTM73 has a spectacular aura aboutJTM73 has a spectacular aura aboutJTM73 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by nooka
Hi Airseir,
As discussed here is my husband's CV. If anyone knows how to do attachments within PMs then that would be good to know

Maybe you should edit your message to take out your address and phone number details from the CV - people can do all sorts of dodgy things these days nicking id! Good luck with the job hunting
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, have removed it now. Unfortunately the techie skills have all migrated to my husband, so I couldn't figure out how to attach it to my PM

Thanks!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

any going in Winnipeg per chance...?

Anita (on behalf of Sean who's busy studying...as always!)
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

Webstinction is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been looking around for some time now, trying to find a job that would suit my skills. Over 15 years in the industry as senior management with a wide skill base, and yet it's increasingly difficult to find companies that offer genuine opportuities to International applicants. Great news to find there are people out there that are still keen!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:59 pm
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Webstinction
I've been looking around for some time now, trying to find a job that would suit my skills. Over 15 years in the industry as senior management with a wide skill base, and yet it's increasingly difficult to find companies that offer genuine opportuities to International applicants. Great news to find there are people out there that are still keen!
I don't know if other communities are the same as Kamloops - but I do know that a lot of Employers here do not advertise much (not just the IT community). They seem to have a preference for word of mouth and personal recommendations from their network of contacts. This City really is a networking City. My intention is to enable people from the outside to be able to get their resume's circulated withing the network. I have recently been working with the Interior Science council and local Ecconomic development board and we have set up the Interior Technology Industry Association with the intention of improving the ecconomic development of the interior High Tech industry with one of the aims being to increase the flow of experinced professionals. We should in the near future be developing a Web site dedicated to circulating and collecting appropriate resumes.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:53 pm
Kul
Forum Regular

Kul is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Airseir
I don't know if other communities are the same as Kamloops - but I do know that a lot of Employers here do not advertise much (not just the IT community). They seem to have a preference for word of mouth and personal recommendations from their network of contacts. This City really is a networking City. My intention is to enable people from the outside to be able to get their resume's circulated withing the network. I have recently been working with the Interior Science council and local Ecconomic development board and we have set up the Interior Technology Industry Association with the intention of improving the ecconomic development of the interior High Tech industry with one of the aims being to increase the flow of experinced professionals. We should in the near future be developing a Web site dedicated to circulating and collecting appropriate resumes.
Hello. We went to an emigrate fair in the Ul and met up with some people from BC who were a collective from communities such as Comox Valley, Kamloops, Kelowna and others. There were trying to attract key skills via the PNP program. We gave them our cv but unfortunately I think the whole process is in the early stages for workers in the IT industry. Although there was a NOC number for my OH's skills there just seems to be no way of gathering all vacancies together and making people aware of them. Neither does the internal organisation of the PNP seem to address the issue.
Soooo.... the point I'm making is I think your idea is a very good one and I hope it works. (Why say something with one word when you can use lots !)
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:05 am
Just Joined

perrymason77 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there

I'm coming over to Canada next week for 16 days travelling from Vancouver to Calgary, via Kamloops, Jasper and Banff.

Essentially its a trip to get a taste of Canada before we start the migration process.

I've been working on It for over 5 years now for Lloyds TSB, during that time I've worked in front line 24/7 operations and now 24/7 application support/development.
I've supported the Wintel environment, Unix AIX environment and the applications running on them.

I'm looking for some advice to how I should put myself forward with regards to applying for IT work out there.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:58 am
Just Joined

perrymason77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInCan
Hi

I am an IT professional and have been through the skilled worker route to get into Canada. I'm now running my own IT business in Calgary.

If any of you IT guys want to get in touch I might be able to give you some pointers etc. plus we are always on the look out for good people.......

and by the way, its worth the wait!
I'm actually coming over with my wife at the end of the week travelling from Vancouver to Calgary via a few places to get a taste of it over there.

The plan is if we like it we start the ball rolling and apply to move there, (at this time Vancouver and Calgary are our favourite options) I would be looking to carry on my development in IT, having over the last 5 years moved from frontline 24/7 operations of a number of platforms (Wintel, Unix and SNA Networks) to application support/development of the Corporate Payments Portal application for Lloyds TSB.

Is there any help you can give with regards to tailoring my resume towards the expectations for IT jobs in Canada?
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perrymason77
I'm actually coming over with my wife at the end of the week travelling from Vancouver to Calgary via a few places to get a taste of it over there.

The plan is if we like it we start the ball rolling and apply to move there, (at this time Vancouver and Calgary are our favourite options) I would be looking to carry on my development in IT, having over the last 5 years moved from frontline 24/7 operations of a number of platforms (Wintel, Unix and SNA Networks) to application support/development of the Corporate Payments Portal application for Lloyds TSB.

Is there any help you can give with regards to tailoring my resume towards the expectations for IT jobs in Canada?
Hi all im resurrecting this thread for Nooka and for others that need info on LMO exempt ? i have searched the threads and can't find the information on how you go about it all

Can anyone remember the threads or who has gone LMO exempt

cheers if you can shed any light
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Matt1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmmmm, looks like I've stumbled across the thread a bit too late but if you don't ask, you don't get.

I've been to BC several times on holiday (gonna be back in December for a few weeks) and would love the opportunity to live and work over there.

Very briefly, I'm 31, from London and have been working in the Network/Security game for over six years. I've worked at several very high profile companies in the city and am Cisco certified. Trouble is, I don't have a degree, which I fear may hold me back a tad. Is there a fairly healthy job market for Cisco/Checkpoint type work?

Cheers,
Matt
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 2:58 pm
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

If anyone finds someone who needs a Java dev with 8 years experience let me know please!

Simon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.