Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

IT Skilled workers

IT Skilled workers

Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:10 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT Skilled workers

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
I work for a competitor of EDS

Please don't say you work / worked on JPA.......
Nope, don't even know what JPA is?
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:18 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
OH used to work for EDS in Hook
Hook near Woking?
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
Hook near Woking?
Basingstoke not sure about woking probably ? why did you work there as well
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:26 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Basingstoke not sure about woking probably ? why did you work there as well
We lived just outside Woking. Village of Horsell to be exact.

Jules was an Interior Designer for a company in Bagshot(I think) and she used to drive to Basingstoke to work on executive show apartments for builders.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:34 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

I worked in Amazingstoke too for a while
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by G77
Nope, don't even know what JPA is?
PHEW Good....only joking

Joint Personnel Administration (JPA)

It's the new Tri Service admin system for the forces....lets just say it is not all it was meant to be...and it owes me £175.00 for a claim I submitted .
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:45 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Ahh, well I do know some people who work for Fujitsu on DII, so feel free to blame them
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:52 pm
Happy in NB

Originally Posted by G77
I worked in Amazingstoke too for a while
Ah the roundabouts of Basingstoke.... nearly as impressive as the Magic Roundabout of that place just north of London on the M1...damned if I can remember it now
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:08 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Ah the roundabouts of Basingstoke.... nearly as impressive as the Magic Roundabout of that place just north of London on the M1...damned if I can remember it now
There's a Magic Roundabout in Swindon with one major roundabout with 5 or 6 mini's attached to it.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:30 pm
Happy in NB

Originally Posted by Tangram
There's a Magic Roundabout in Swindon with one major roundabout with 5 or 6 mini's attached to it.
That sounds the same as the one in a place I cannot remember (about junc 8 on M1). I used to enjoy driving around the wrong way just because you could
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

We lived just outside Woking. Village of Horsell to be exact.

Jules was an Interior Designer for a company in Bagshot(I think) and she used to drive to Basingstoke to work on executive show apartments for builders.
Is that what Jules does now ? thats my line how funny
Old Apr 9th 2008, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

compchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by G77
I work for a competitor of EDS and I'm currently arranging an intra company transfer - time-scales can be as quick as you want as the work permit can be obtained before you go (doesn't take too long) or at point of entry.

If you search EDS on here, someone previously tried to get a transfer with EDS and didn't succeed. I guess it depends on your area though, EDS is a big company and could vary from division to division at a guess. I personally know someone who went from the UK to EDS Australia and they sorted it all out for her, so it's certainly possible.

My advice from my own experience is don't approach people in the UK about it, they will dismiss it without investigating it for you. Find the persons responsible for your area of work within Canada/Americas and approach them direct, if they're interested, you can then tell your bosses back in the UK what you intend to do....

Good luck!
G77 you don't work for CSC do you?
Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:21 am
Happy in NB

Is that what Jules does now ? thats my line how funny
No real demand in Fredericton for Interior Designers. It is a rural town and it doesnt have enough of people would be willing to pay for that sort of service.

Jules has established a business making purses(handbags to you and I), wraps, scarves etc and set up a sweat shop in the basement (she is her only employee slaving away in the basement and looking after me )
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No real demand in Fredericton for Interior Designers. It is a rural town and it doesnt have enough of people would be willing to pay for that sort of service.

Jules has established a business making purses(handbags to you and I), wraps, scarves etc and set up a sweat shop in the basement (she is her only employee slaving away in the basement and looking after me )
it will come, hasn't Debbie Travis hit the screens there yet then
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:26 am
Just Joined

Ken80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by compchris
G77 you don't work for CSC do you?

I work for CSC and I've asked the Canada HR ppl about intra-company transfers and it's not very positive. They require me to apply 'externally' there and retire from my job here..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.