Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The single worst thing about Canada is....

The single worst thing about Canada is....

Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute
Default The single worst thing about Canada is....

Checks and balances, folks.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The single worst thing about Canada is....

It's too close to America
Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
It's too close to America
Many people consider Canada's proximity to the US to be a bonus. These are often the same people who go to outlet malls as a recreational activity and wish that Canada had IHOP or Bob Evan's locations.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clynnog
Many people consider Canada's proximity to the US to be a bonus. These are often the same people who go to outlet malls as a recreational activity and wish that Canada had IHOP or Bob Evan's locations.
Good point.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:46 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clynnog
These are often the same people who go to outlet malls as a recreational activity and wish that Canada had IHOP or Bob Evan's locations.
Kelowna has an IHOP. Perhaps it was built to cater for the overweight retarded Yanks who used to head this way for summer vacations. Uh, well that was before 911 and the rising cost of gasoline and hamburgers.

R.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:56 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Kelowna has an IHOP. Perhaps it was built to cater for the overweight retarded Yanks who used to head this way for summer vacations. Uh, well that was before 911 and the rising cost of gasoline and hamburgers.

R.
I went there once and it was horrid. It was that bad it caused me to leave the Province.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

dthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond repute

Gilles Duceppe.
Attached Thumbnails The single worst thing about Canada is....-160_duceppe_20040614.jpg  
Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Kelowna has an IHOP.
IHOP is only in BC in Canada.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

XCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really nice

mozzies so big they could pick up a cat once they have gone the dear fly and black fly are the final straw!

for some reason they just love the British blood! When i go biking with the locals they don't worry about the mozzies as they make a bee line for any exposed skin i have!
Old Jun 12th 2008, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dthomas
Gilles Duceppe.
How about this blowhard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcerBrY816c
Old Jun 12th 2008, 1:25 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

The lack of decent TV and millions of ants EVERYWHERE in my house and garden. Even found them in my handbag today.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 1:36 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I went there once and it was horrid. It was that bad it caused me to leave the Province.
Kelowna's not that bad. Is it ?

R.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by XCMTBer
mozzies so big they could pick up a cat once they have gone the dear fly and black fly are the final straw!

for some reason they just love the British blood! When i go biking with the locals they don't worry about the mozzies as they make a bee line for any exposed skin i have!
I empathise! My wrists and ankles are a sea of blood volcanoes. The little twats manage to land without you noticing and suck you dry! I've lived / worked in West Africa, Far East, Middle East, Aussie, South America, Scotland... and I have never, ever had so many bites as I've had here. Plus, they're super-itchy for some reason!!
Old Jun 12th 2008, 1:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

No booze in supermarkets.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
No booze in supermarkets.
Excellent point

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.