Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Second Interview

Second Interview

Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:23 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Second Interview

Originally Posted by Hipster Contrarian
I hope you don't mind me bumping this, but I was just wondering if you've heard yet. I hope it's good news if so!

(Sorry, I can delete this if you'd rather not say.)
No, not heard yet, should be next week according to them, although they have been very slow ( or Canadian ) in their approach The 6 interviews across 2 days while I was over there was something I wasn't used to ( only ever had one interview each for all the jobs I have ever gotten

Whatever will be will be..... pretty glad I got down to the last two without PR Visa or WP actually.

Last edited by Tangram; Jan 6th 2006 at 11:26 am.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 1:18 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
No, not heard yet, should be next week according to them, although they have been very slow ( or Canadian ) in their approach The 6 interviews across 2 days while I was over there was something I wasn't used to ( only ever had one interview each for all the jobs I have ever gotten

Whatever will be will be..... pretty glad I got down to the last two without PR Visa or WP actually.
Just accepted a new job. There were five interviews - CEO Canada, 2 with account directors, one with the global head of research and one with the North American head of research

Now all I need is a new work permit!
Old Jan 6th 2006, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad this was bumped, I have been wondering if you had heard anything yet Paul.

Hope you hear good news soon.

Congratulations on the new job Sarah!

Last edited by Woodstock62; Jan 6th 2006 at 3:11 pm. Reason: ops, forgot to congrat Sarah!
Old Jan 6th 2006, 7:18 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodstock62
Congratulations on the new job Sarah!
I'm going to be a Research Director so I'm really stoked. No more working for a boss! Hurrah!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 7:42 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Had an email update from the company following the third round interviews before Christmas as follows :

" By way of update, our CEO has been away on holidays and is actually back
today, I suspect I won't get time on her calendar until most likely
Friday as our proposal has been rolled up to her re: hiring decisions
and we are awaiting approvals. That said, I suspect I won't have an
update for you until early next week. "

So .... a non update really and another weekend of waiting awaits !
Thought they might have said that they are going for the other guy and so thanks very much for the time being, but with that reply I still don't know what they are planning - and I use the word planning very loosely

I will update as soon as I know.

Paul.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 8:38 am
Pinko lentil-hugger

Hipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to all

Aaargh, how frustrating! I think some people forget how stressful it can be waiting to hear about a job. And when it's a job that could take you to the other side of the world...

Crossing everything for you!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:43 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by Hipster Contrarian
Aaargh, how frustrating! I think some people forget how stressful it can be waiting to hear about a job. And when it's a job that could take you to the other side of the world...

Crossing everything for you!
Thank you goes to a "Fembot living in a Manbots world"
Old Jan 12th 2006, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Just caught up with this thread Paul. I hope the the news is positive for you

It's a real pain them leaving you in limbo like this 'til next week tho' How long does it take to make a decision?

Go and have some
Old Jan 12th 2006, 11:28 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
Just caught up with this thread Paul. I hope the the news is positive for you

It's a real pain them leaving you in limbo like this 'til next week tho' How long does it take to make a decision?

Go and have some
True... it seems they have made a choice and put it up to the CEO but didn't say which way that decision had gone. Roles reversed, I would have told the candidate that they are not first choice but if matters changed we would be in contact with them. Can't see why they haven't said 'you were not successful' ???
Old Jan 12th 2006, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

stubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura about

if its any use, the ceo of the company we're are going to has veto on hire /fire decisions - no matter if its head of finance or the tea lady... so they have to sign it off via him - the fact they havent told you anything could be a good thing...

*sending positive job vibes though your way*
Old Jan 12th 2006, 11:56 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by stubby1974
if its any use, the ceo of the company we're are going to has veto on hire /fire decisions - no matter if its head of finance or the tea lady... so they have to sign it off via him - the fact they havent told you anything could be a good thing...

*sending positive job vibes though your way*
thanks Stubbs..... but whatever will be will be as the cliche goes. I am quite relaxed about the whole thing whichever way it goes .... the wife on the other hand :scared:
Old Jan 12th 2006, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

stubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura about

yeah mine is same - fretting, franic - 9001 permutations of all possible outcomes etc... yeah i get it here too - just beent old company want me to have an on-site interview in alberta and she's panicing abotu the traffic ont he m25 to the airport all ready...
Old Jan 12th 2006, 12:15 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by stubby1974
yeah mine is same - fretting, franic - 9001 permutations of all possible outcomes etc... yeah i get it here too - just beent old company want me to have an on-site interview in alberta and she's panicing abotu the traffic ont he m25 to the airport all ready...
you made me smile with that one
Old Jan 12th 2006, 12:51 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

To me it sounds positive not negative, Chin up mate, hope I'm right!

And congratulations Sarah on your meteoric progression!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 1:10 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by iaink
To me it sounds positive not negative, Chin up mate, hope I'm right!

And congratulations Sarah on your meteoric progression!
Thanks Iaink, appreciate your genuine well wishes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.