Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Second Interview

Second Interview

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 3:28 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Second Interview

Originally Posted by Tangram
Thanks Rich mate.... still not sure what the going rate is as the particular role is not on any of the salary sites, but I have gotten details of what the people 'under' me would earn so it gives me an idea anyway.

Paul
I have always found that a portion of reasonableness coupled with a sprinkling of knowing negotiation skills makes for a good combination hey they'll expect you to work it a little, just not 'too much' huh.

The objective is getting the thing in the bag for a reasonable deal, sometime after that the world will be your oyster

Every fisherman needs a boat, get a half decent one with no holes in the hull, and a good engine to start off with, after all you never know what the catch will turn out like.

Rich.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 3:41 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Only two interviews? That's not very Canadian.

Back in the days when I was job hunting, a couple of the jobs I was up for involved my being interviewed five times.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:01 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Second Interview

Just to update the kind people who wished me luck on this one, I have returned to the office to find an email waiting for me suggesting a face to face interview over the next couple of weeks with the company in London, Ontario !!!! They will pay for the flights etc etc, so looks like the least I will get is a nice 5 day trip to see London in the snow.

Still no idea what the money is but at least I havean idea what we can be comfortable on with a small $50k mortgage living over there.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:13 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to update the kind people who wished me luck on this one, I have returned to the office to find an email waiting for me suggesting a face to face interview over the next couple of weeks with the company in London, Ontario !!!! They will pay for the flights etc etc, so looks like the least I will get is a nice 5 day trip to see London in the snow.

Still no idea what the money is but at least I havean idea what we can be comfortable on with a small $50k mortgage living over there.
Wow! Excellent news Paul!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:39 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Wow! Excellent news Paul!
Yeah.... bit of a shock this morning that one was !!! A suit and big coat now on the shopping list !!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:39 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Paul
Hope all goes well
Another one heading for London, sounds very positive

Where in London is your interview, north of the city or in the south !!!

The family were in London in July for 22 days, liked the look and the feel of this place, so this is our place of landing, well hopefully

Hope all goes well mate, keep us all posted

Eddie
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:13 am
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant mate, just goes to prove that it can be done.
Good luck with the interview!
Wish someone would give me a free holiday like that Keep an eye open whilst you're over there as well, try to line up a couple of more interviews, can't do any harm!
Fingers crossed.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:20 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Paul
Hope all goes well
Another one heading for London, sounds very positive

Where in London is your interview, north of the city or in the south !!!

The family were in London in July for 22 days, liked the look and the feel of this place, so this is our place of landing, well hopefully

Hope all goes well mate, keep us all posted

Eddie
The company are based on Wellington Street so I will be looking around that area. But for housing I have been advised that the north of the city is the better part so will go out there to look too.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:22 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by Bleech
Brilliant mate, just goes to prove that it can be done.
Good luck with the interview!
Wish someone would give me a free holiday like that Keep an eye open whilst you're over there as well, try to line up a couple of more interviews, can't do any harm!
Fingers crossed.
Thanks mate, just hope something comes of it, would be ideal - it can't be that simple can it ?!?!!? Just not getting my hopes up at all
Old Dec 5th 2005, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey! Brilliant news!

I hope it goes well for you although it certainly sounds promising.

Need anyone to carry your bags for you, you jammy sod?!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Good luck! When you get the job be sure to post up any IT positions you need filled in the future in your management position!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Oh thanks Paul, I hadn't even thought about "the drill" Totally forgot about that! : I've been too busy freaking out about the needle!
Still... I think I'd rather be in the dentist's chair methinks! (Trying to make myself feel better! lol!)
hwb- remember your dentist has squidgy balls!! :scared:

tangram, you better not think about squidgy balls, :scared:

good luck to both of you
Old Dec 5th 2005, 1:36 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by Woodstock62
Hey! Brilliant news!

I hope it goes well for you although it certainly sounds promising.

Need anyone to carry your bags for you, you jammy sod?!
Thanks Woody....I think I will need someone to keep me warm looking at the weather ! :scared:
Old Dec 5th 2005, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really nice

Wow - that is great news Paul. Sounds very promising if they're going to fly you over! The snow is very pretty right now.
Old Dec 6th 2005, 6:57 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by Tom Masters
Wow - that is great news Paul. Sounds very promising if they're going to fly you over! The snow is very pretty right now.
Hi Tom, I will try and let you know when I am over and maybe we could meet up for a pint

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.