Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Second Interview

Second Interview

Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Second Interview

Originally Posted by Tangram
I know it's been a long time, but believe me it's been even longer waiting at this end.

Finally got an email from the compnay this morning stating that they had finally made their decision some two weeks later than planned. They have decided to go with the other candidate for two main reasons - he can start within two weeks and one particular area his stregth in that area was a little more than mine.

I guess from the company's perspective they have made the right decision and I have to respect that. They have also stated that due to their continued expansion " Please keep us in mind once you move to Canada, we are constantly growing and expanding and you never know what we might have available, we would be interested in continuing our discussions should something be available. "

So, not completely dead in the water, but, because I believe I am short of immigration points anyway, it is unlikely that I would be able to take up any potential offer with them in the future.

Not the best of days here ..... but life goes on. I have a good job here with a nice house and healthy family so no point feeling sorry for myself. But I do now believe deep down that in the long run, my family will not be emigrating to Canada for reasons already stated.

Many thanks for all the well wishes ( and chaser messages people have sent ) I really do appreciate it honestly, and believe me I'm not usually the type

Hope everyone has a great day.

Paul.
Hi Paul

Sorry to hear your news. You managed to get one interview, why not another, keep sending off that CV, you never know what might happen. It may be that you are destined to get another job that will work out for you better in the long run. Destiny, luck and a positive mental attitude may have a part to play yet!

We too, like you fear that we may never get into Canada for a different reason. We are OK points wise unless they increase it back to 75, in which case we are stuffed. Our problem is because we not not think that we will get past the medicals because our daughter is being treated for Growth Hormone. As the treatment is quite lengthy and dear we are likely to be deemed a drain on the Canadian economy and so will get refused on medical grounds. However, we live in hope.

Looks like it may be Plan B for us, an olive farm in rural Spain. At least it will be warmer in the winter
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your news Paul. You put it all into perspective when you said you have a nice house etc...... I know how your wife feels (crying on the couch) as I was doing the same thing when we got our rejection letter last year. You feel really gutted, but if you change your mind and both of you still want to go to Canada sometime in the future, you'll find a way somehow. We're still short of 2 points and DH sits his French test next month.

All the best to you and your misses
Old Jan 19th 2006, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Tom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tangram

Not the best of days here ..... but life goes on. I have a good job here with a nice house and healthy family so no point feeling sorry for myself. But I do now believe deep down that in the long run, my family will not be emigrating to Canada for reasons already stated.

Paul.
Really sorry to get your news Paul. Honestly thought we'd be seeing you out here soon. As others have said, you did a fantastic job getting this far - most people don't even get as far as a reply. If, once you've had a chance to reflect, you decide you still want to try moving to Canada, don't give up - you've already shown that you're more than capable of thinking outside the box. If one company likes you enough to fly you over here, others will too. Take care, Chris and Tom.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 1:13 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear that Paul. But you did better than most in getting so far. Dont give up on the dream, someone out there might yet take a chance and hire you, and you can do things to get more points. There are also rumours that the system might be reinvented to aid people in your situation, so its not totaly without hope, you never know whats around the corner.

I can only admire you for your attitude through the whole thing, and keep my fingers crossed for you.

Iain
Old Jan 19th 2006, 4:39 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
So sorry to hear that Paul. But you did better than most in getting so far. Dont give up on the dream, someone out there might yet take a chance and hire you, and you can do things to get more points. There are also rumours that the system might be reinvented to aid people in your situation, so its not totaly without hope, you never know whats around the corner.

I can only admire you for your attitude through the whole thing, and keep my fingers crossed for you.

Iain
Thanks Iain
Old Jan 19th 2006, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Paul! I'm so sorry!

I really had high hopes for this. As people have said, pick yourself up and dust yourself down.
You got that far once and I'm sure there will be a way in for you.

Don't give up!!

Not that it will help that much, but karma on it's way

I'm off for a glass, I'll have one for you too.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 7:58 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Bad news and comiserations, BUT, you demonstrate the right attitude for success so I am sure this will not be the last opportunity for you in Canada!