Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Second Interview

Second Interview

Old Dec 6th 2005, 7:45 am
Pinko lentil-hugger

Hipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to all
Default Re: Second Interview

I've just seen this and wanted to say good luck- it's fantastic that they're flying you over!
Old Dec 6th 2005, 8:29 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hipster Contrarian
I've just seen this and wanted to say good luck- it's fantastic that they're flying you over!
Thanks mate, of course despite them saying I will be going over in the next couple of weeks, this is a Canadian company so it could be next year if they work true to form !
Old Dec 14th 2005, 2:06 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Second Interview

OK so I will swallow humble pie.

After much to-ing and fro-ing I am going over to London Ontario for my 3rd interview with the company I have been interviewing with. I fly out from Heathrow on Friday via Montreal and TO and return to Heathrow from TO on Thursday 22nd.

This gives me six days to interview and have a look around in the sub zero temperatures.

Thanks again for all the well wishes from you well wishers.... here's hoping !!!
:scared:
Old Dec 14th 2005, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Tangram
OK so I will swallow humble pie.

After much to-ing and fro-ing I am going over to London Ontario for my 3rd interview with the company I have been interviewing with. I fly out from Heathrow on Friday via Montreal and TO and return to Heathrow from TO on Thursday 22nd.

This gives me six days to interview and have a look around in the sub zero temperatures.

Thanks again for all the well wishes from you well wishers.... here's hoping !!!
:scared:
Best wishes to you with your interview - knock them dead!

I grew up in the KW area - not far from London and its really a beautiful area. I think that's where our infamous eddie is planning on moving from Scotland, so perhaps he can give you some info on the area!

Karma sent!
Old Dec 14th 2005, 2:26 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow this is really moving on eh ?

Knock them dead fella...good luck on top of the good luck.

Rich
Old Dec 14th 2005, 2:30 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Wow this is really moving on eh ?

Knock them dead fella...good luck on top of the good luck.

Rich
Thanks Rich....yeah it's dead stop then sprint. Taken me 3 days liaising with them to get flights booked when i could have done it myself in 10 minutes.... they needed to go through their Agent and still paid more than I was being quoted.

Anyway, it's booked and they have even booked my hotel for me too. Now....where's that big thick coat of mine ?!?!
Old Dec 14th 2005, 2:50 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by willmore
Best wishes to you with your interview - knock them dead!

I grew up in the KW area - not far from London and its really a beautiful area. I think that's where our infamous eddie is planning on moving from Scotland, so perhaps he can give you some info on the area!

Karma sent!
Thanks Sue, appreciate your kind thoughts x
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:18 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rich....yeah it's dead stop then sprint. Taken me 3 days liaising with them to get flights booked when i could have done it myself in 10 minutes.... they needed to go through their Agent and still paid more than I was being quoted.

Anyway, it's booked and they have even booked my hotel for me too. Now....where's that big thick coat of mine ?!?!
Hey you know you're likely on to a winner here don't you ?
Very little will screw it up now....
They just want an absolute final check that you are what you say you are, know what you say you know, and can do what you say you can do.
Ands that you'll fit in to the culture etc and aren't some crazed British serial killer or crazy eyed lunatic.

Rich.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:24 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Cool Re: Second Interview

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Hey you know you're likely on to a winner here don't you ?
Very little will screw it up now....
They just want an absolute final check that you are what you say you are, know what you say you know, and can do what you say you can do.
Ands that you'll fit in to the culture etc and aren't some crazed British serial killer or crazy eyed lunatic.

Rich.
Oh well....thats the end of that then !
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Paul! It is sounding extremely promising!!

I agree with Rich, it sounds like they just want to set eyes on you and see that you are who you say you are.

Knock em dead!

I've got a warm coat, I'll share it with you
Old Dec 14th 2005, 4:01 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by Woodstock62
Wow Paul! It is sounding extremely promising!!

I agree with Rich, it sounds like they just want to set eyes on you and see that you are who you say you are.

Knock em dead!

I've got a warm coat, I'll share it with you
I hope so...lots of thoughts going through my head ...
why fly someone 3000 miles if they're not interested or
maybe thats what Canadian companies do or
this has been too easy so where is the hurdle or
..... well you get the idea !
Old Dec 14th 2005, 6:52 pm
Lotus-eater

And if you see any homeless Torontonians on fire, be a good old chap and put them out will you ?

Rich
Old Dec 14th 2005, 9:59 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sue, appreciate your kind thoughts x
From all the regulars on here, me included !!!

Kick Ass matey

You show them

All ra best

Eddie
Old Dec 15th 2005, 7:48 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

I definitely get that idea! When good stuff happens to me I "just know" something bad is lurking to ph*uck it all up... so far, my She-Ra, Princess of Power, 'Sword of Protection' is sheilding me from the evil forces in the universe and I'm alright. You can borrow it if you like.

I agree, it is a bit disconcerting when things click into place but then again it's also fantastic! Enjoy the ride Paul and good luck!
Old Dec 15th 2005, 9:54 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
I definitely get that idea! When good stuff happens to me I "just know" something bad is lurking to ph*uck it all up... so far, my She-Ra, Princess of Power, 'Sword of Protection' is sheilding me from the evil forces in the universe and I'm alright. You can borrow it if you like.

I agree, it is a bit disconcerting when things click into place but then again it's also fantastic! Enjoy the ride Paul and good luck!
Thanks Hot, interview is on Monday so I have all weekend to explore London and sweat with nerves !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.