Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Second Interview

Second Interview

Old Dec 15th 2005, 12:33 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Second Interview

Originally Posted by Voyager970
From all the regulars on here, me included !!!

Kick Ass matey

You show them

All ra best

Eddie
Thanks again Ed. You soon find out who the geniune people on here are. Well packed up and will be trekking over to Windsor shortly to stay overnight at friends before Heathrow tomorrow. Only downside is for the outward journey we couldn't get a flight from TO to London so it's a two hour coach drive to the hotel in London, Ontario ( whole journey is 2pm from Heathrow arrive London 11pm which I guess is 4am my time ?!?!?!? )

Paul.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 6:39 pm
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
I have all weekend to explore London and sweat with nerves !
Good luck...but make sure you don't freeze your hair off with all that sweating
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 4:09 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Second Interview

Thanks for all the well wishes, i have now returned to the UK afetr a good 5 days in London, Ont. Thanks to Tom M and his wife for their hospitality whilst over there.

Job i/v update - spread over two days and with 6 different people interviewing I think it went well. I have made it to the final 2 ( its between me and a guy from Quebec who is haveing his final i/v on Jan 2nd ) so should know something shortly after that.

Finally got to know what generally the package is - sal range between $75k - $100k pa, start on 25 days holiday, flexible working hours of 40 hours pw and profit sharing where available. Forgot to ask about health and pension ( you always think of these things while you are walking back afterwards clutching a Timmy's in your hand don't yer eh ? ).

So having found all that out and liking what I saw of London ( its not shrangri-la .... it has its problems but its a very livable city ) I will be sorely pissed if the froggy type bloke from Quebec pips me at the final post.

Catch you all after xmas and have a great holiday season everyone.

Paul.
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 5:47 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Well Done, Keep fingers crossed and here's hoping for next year eh!

Sounds like a good package. I would imagine that if they are going to pay at that level and give you the vacation time you would also get a reasonable pension and health care benefits. Health care especially seems to be readily given out as part of employment package.

Have a good Christmas.

AX
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really nice

Thanks for all the well wishes, i have now returned to the UK afetr a good 5 days in London, Ont. Thanks to Tom M and his wife for their hospitality whilst over there.

Job i/v update - spread over two days and with 6 different people interviewing I think it went well. I have made it to the final 2 ( its between me and a guy from Quebec who is haveing his final i/v on Jan 2nd ) so should know something shortly after that.

Finally got to know what generally the package is - sal range between $75k - $100k pa, start on 25 days holiday, flexible working hours of 40 hours pw and profit sharing where available. Forgot to ask about health and pension ( you always think of these things while you are walking back afterwards clutching a Timmy's in your hand don't yer eh ? ).

So having found all that out and liking what I saw of London ( its not shrangri-la .... it has its problems but its a very livable city ) I will be sorely pissed if the froggy type bloke from Quebec pips me at the final post.

Paul.
That's great Paul. Sounds like a very good package. Hope you hear good news soon and in the meantime have a great Christmas.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

Paul, that sounds very promising. An excellent package too.

Hope you hear good news soon.

If the other guy gets it, find out where he lives and we'll send someone over to jump up and down on him!

Enjoy your Christmas, it maybe the last one here for a while.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

johnehsmith will become famous soon enough

Paul.
hi Paul make sure you bring your outdated attitudes and xenophobic nonsense
to ontario if you do get the job. They need more people like you to throw
stupid generalisations about.

I live in Quebec and I am not a frog.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by johnehsmith
hi Paul make sure you bring your outdated attitudes and xenophobic nonsense
to ontario if you do get the job. They need more people like you to throw
stupid generalisations about.

I live in Quebec and I am not a frog.
Lighten up a bit, it is the season of goodwill after all. I do not think he was being serious for one minute!!!!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 10:41 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by Gray C
Lighten up a bit, it is the season of goodwill after all. I do not think he was being serious for one minute!!!!
I wasn't ... it was English humour, there was no offense meant - just me relieving pressure in a tense time. Hope you ALL have a great Christmas and une bonne nouvelle annee.

Paul.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 1:30 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnehsmith
They need more people like you to throw
stupid generalisations about
Oh good...heres a few more then...

If you see a Quebec licensed car with the indicator flashing, it was probably bought in that condition.

Q: Why do they not allow "lottery type" promotions on products in Quebec?

A: Cos they would never get the "skill testing" question right anyway.

Sorry, what? that request for stupid generalisations was sarchasm?, I guess anyone can make a mistake in interpretting how something is intended on a text based forum then

Lighten up mate, have a beer

Last edited by iaink; Dec 28th 2005 at 1:32 am.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

johnehsmith will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by iaink
Oh good...heres a few more then...

If you see a Quebec licensed car with the indicator flashing, it was probably bought in that condition.

Q: Why do they not allow "lottery type" promotions on products in Quebec?

A: Cos they would never get the "skill testing" question right anyway.

Sorry, what? that request for stupid generalisations was sarchasm?, I guess anyone can make a mistake in interpretting how something is intended on a text based forum then

Lighten up mate, have a beer
Yes yes yes i get it!

Alright I just dont appreciate the frog bit as I only moved here 3 months ago and as far as Im concerned the grenouilles live south of England, not in Canada!
Old Dec 28th 2005, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

I wasn't ... it was English humour, there was no offense meant - just me relieving pressure in a tense time. Hope you ALL have a great Christmas and une bonne nouvelle annee.

Paul.
My comments were not aimed at you Paul. Have a good new year.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 1:19 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Smile Re: Second Interview

Originally Posted by Gray C
My comments were not aimed at you Paul. Have a good new year.
I didn't think so Gray.... you have a good 'un too
Old Dec 28th 2005, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

Paul,

Just seen this. Best of luck for the job - hope you hear soon.

SAW04
Old Jan 6th 2006, 7:40 am
Pinko lentil-hugger

Hipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to all

I hope you don't mind me bumping this, but I was just wondering if you've heard yet. I hope it's good news if so!

(Sorry, I can delete this if you'd rather not say.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.