Reload this Page >

SEC assessment query for CRNBC

SEC assessment query for CRNBC

Old May 11th 2014, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

welshgirl4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SEC assessment query for CRNBC

Originally Posted by raimaca
just got my SEC results yesterday. And they require me to do the 250 clinical placement before allowing me to take the CRNE.
But I am confused though, because in the CRNBC website, it says that they removed that requirement already since March 2013...
I am going to appeal...
Hi Raimaca,
I was just wondering how your appeal against the SEC assessment results went? I've recently received my results and have to complete 5 components, one of which is the consolidated clinical course. I think its ridiculous to expect experienced nurses to undertake all these courses when the content of the course is basically what I do an a daily basis in work!
Also there is no way that I can fund all these courses not to mention travel to Canada and accommodation) plus the time off to undertake an 8 week clinical placement when I'm still currently residing and working in the UK.
I'm going to appeal but I just wondered about others' experience at the process and whether there any tips?
Would be very grateful! Currently feeling very deflated, annoyed and insulted with the whole process!
Old May 11th 2014, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

TKaur81 will become famous soon enoughTKaur81 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by welshgirl4
Hi Raimaca,
I was just wondering how your appeal against the SEC assessment results went? I've recently received my results and have to complete 5 components, one of which is the consolidated clinical course. I think its ridiculous to expect experienced nurses to undertake all these courses when the content of the course is basically what I do an a daily basis in work!
Also there is no way that I can fund all these courses not to mention travel to Canada and accommodation) plus the time off to undertake an 8 week clinical placement when I'm still currently residing and working in the UK.
I'm going to appeal but I just wondered about others' experience at the process and whether there any tips?
Would be very grateful! Currently feeling very deflated, annoyed and insulted with the whole process!

Hi Welshgirl

I came back home to the UK, after just 3 months in BC... I have to do the one year re-entry course...I didnt' have enough money to stay in BC to do it..so I've come home, I'm asking the CRNBC if they can give me an extension on the deadline...as they keep going on about how if you can't do a certain aspect of it by a certain date they scrap your whole file... I'm very deflated too...I couldnt even work as a HCA out there as they wanted me to have a canadian HCA qualification Im waiting to hear back from CRNBC but they are taking sooo long to reply...
Old May 12th 2014, 7:16 am
Just Joined

raimaca is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by welshgirl4
Hi Raimaca,
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. That is a lot of courses to take.

If you want to try the appeal, just go to the health professional review board. Fill up the necessary forms and mail it to them. The link is provided with the result of your SEC, I think towards the end of the email.

As for me, I waited three months for the result of the appeal. Only for them to say that they believe that the case can be resolve with communicating with CRNBC. So I did just that, but CRNBC is grounded with their result and would not change it but offered that I can do it at other universities in Canada provided that they approved the program.

The thing with clinical is the waiting time for placement and the cost. And clinical time averages 2-3 months, does your work may allow you to take that long of a time off/vacation?

Also another point is that universities have a quota for this. You have to send them application forms at a specific date and time only. They take in 15 students per term and it is on a first come first serve basis, no reservations, no line ups. Imagine my frustration last term when I was the 17th student to apply and only to find out I did not made it and have to start the whole process again.

Well good luck to each and everyone of us, coz I think we are in dire need of that!!