Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

SEC assessment query for CRNBC

SEC assessment query for CRNBC

Old Jun 11th 2013, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Airborne_Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SEC assessment query for CRNBC

Well finally IENBC bookings for SEC assessments have resumed. I've requested next month to get mine done before they change their minds. Good luck to everyone waiting and please share your stories on here!
Old Jun 12th 2013, 12:32 am
Just Joined

nanuss is an unknown quantity at this point

I have applied for a date as well but stupid me I forgot to add my name and number on the subject and I only added it in the email, hope they will still take me into account!
Old Jun 13th 2013, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Airborne_Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nanuss
I have applied for a date as well but stupid me I forgot to add my name and number on the subject and I only added it in the email, hope they will still take me into account!
I'm sure they'll be able to read it. Good luck!
Old Jun 16th 2013, 9:01 am
Just Joined

jessieg is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: SEC assessment query for CRNBC

Originally Posted by sparksman
hello,
i have done the sec also got told after the 2 day sec i needed a 4 day course in canada for pyshomotor skills an online course in adult med/surg and a nursing in canada online course. they also wanted me to do 250 hours non paid clinical placement which i appealed against and won as i am a senior sister in A&E a felt that was taking the p**s a little!
i now have my temp nursing licence have a job and will be heading out in about 8 weeks after 2 years of updating courses and trips out to canada.
its all abit of a pain but will be worth it i hope. better working conditions and pay!
if you need any questions answered just ask
hope that helps

jodie x
Hello Jodie,
I presumed you were in Canada now. I am about to take the SEC assessment in the next 3 months. I am still undecided if it is worth moving over after all the hassle and many unnecessary process. Can you please share your latest experience over there if it is worth for me to do all the hard works again.

Many thanks
Jessieg
Old Jun 16th 2013, 9:20 am
Just Joined

jessieg is an unknown quantity at this point

hello Anyone,
Can you please give an insight of Nurses life in British Columbia. Income and family life if possible.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and effort.

Jessieg
Old Jun 16th 2013, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

sparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nice

Hi Jessie,

How's things? So I have been working in an emergency dept for nearly 6 months.
Pay is good and working conditions are ok, however I feel in my personal opinion that its behind uk nursing! There are lots of things that nurses can not do here and I feel like I'm meant to be a hand maiden to the doctors which I am not going to do so that's gone down well tee hee!

I'm frustrated here and the vacation is done weirdly so I only get 46 hours for jan 13- jan 14 which is rubbish!

Am I going to stay out here??? Prob not long term. Was it worth all the stress and hassle of the sec and all that? Yeah I think so its been an adventure and has made me appreciate the skills I ha and used in the uk and appreciate my friends and family and that the uk is NOT that hideous. Everywhere has its own problems if that makes sense?

Hope it all works out for you

Jodie x
Old Oct 20th 2013, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

raimaca is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by abbijoe69
Hello ,
I m new to this forum , so look forward to catching up with those of you who are experiencing similar scenarios related to becoming a registered nurse here in B.C
I have just received my results from my SEC Assessment. I to have been asked to complete a 250 hour clinical placement which I wish to appeal . I have worked in a clinical environment since qualifying in 1991 so I am hoping with references and a convincing letter of appeal that I may to win my case.

I would love to know how you constructed your letter of appeal and would appreciate any advice . I have only 25 days left to log my appeal so look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you
Hello abbijoe,
May I ask how did your appeal go? Did they waived your 250 hour clinical placement?
Thank you
Old Oct 20th 2013, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by corktowinnipeg
Thanks a million Jodie, that ll be great. Really hope i win d appeal. How long does it take to hear back re d appeal?. Looking forward to ur msg.....Naomi.
Hello Naomi,
How long before you received the result of your appeal? Did they grant your request to remove the clinical placement?
Thanks
Old Oct 20th 2013, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

just got my SEC results yesterday. And they require me to do the 250 clinical placement before allowing me to take the CRNE.
But I am confused though, because in the CRNBC website, it says that they removed that requirement already since March 2013...
I am going to appeal...
Old Oct 20th 2013, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

TKaur81 will become famous soon enoughTKaur81 will become famous soon enough

Hi everybody,

I am waiting to sit my SEC, here in Vancouver BC, it is very soon, on the 29th October. Am absolutely cackin my pants over it to tell the truth! Did everyone else who has taken SEC feel this way? I will be doing mine in General and Paediatrics, but my brain has been like a sieve lately and can't retain much info.

I was interested by Sparksman's post where he says that its behind UK nursing... I hope I don't have to take too many enducational classes, but will see what happens. I've only been out here in Vancouver for nearly a month, but already am homesick! lol

How has everyone else's SEC gone?

Tina
Old Oct 21st 2013, 11:08 am
Just Joined

nanuss is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by raimaca
just got my SEC results yesterday. And they require me to do the 250 clinical placement before allowing me to take the CRNE.
But I am confused though, because in the CRNBC website, it says that they removed that requirement already since March 2013...
I am going to appeal...
I think that the difference is that in the past it used to be mandatory to everyone, and now is just a requirement if they consider that you need it, but I am guessing that they are asking everyone to do it,

I ve been asked to do the clinical plus a couple of short courses in psycomotor skills and nursing in Canada, but even though is crazy expensive, I am happy to do the clinical just to get in touch with nursing here before I start working.

Are you from the UK? Have you been asked to take just general or more?

Good luck to everyone.

And TKaur! Don't panic you will do great, ))))
Old Oct 21st 2013, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

I think that the difference is that in the past it used to be mandatory to everyone, and now is just a requirement if they consider that you need it, but I am guessing that they are asking everyone to do it,

I ve been asked to do the clinical plus a couple of short courses in psycomotor skills and nursing in Canada, but even though is crazy expensive, I am happy to do the clinical just to get in touch with nursing here before I start working.

Good luck to everyone.

Thanks nanuss

I am trying not to panic, but the sheer amount of info I am having to cover looks so overwhelming! Am pretty scared but I am sure every other UK nurse who has already done SEC has been in the same boat as me at some point.

I've heard the clinical courses are expensive, but I guess its a good thing you didn't have to do the one year Re-entry at Kwantlen...Ive heard it has a 1-2 year waiting list
Old Oct 21st 2013, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Good luck to everyone.

hi nanuss,
Thank you for your reply. Did you have to wait for a long time to do the clinical placement?

I'm actually from Singapore.

To Tkaur, I used the Mosby's comprehensive book for crne and funadamentals of nursing Canadian edition for review. I'm sure you will do just fine.
Old Oct 21st 2013, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

I already sent my appeal Letter. I hope they gave me a favourable response.
Old Oct 21st 2013, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: SEC assessment query for CRNBC

Originally Posted by raimaca
hi nanuss,
Thank you for your reply. Did you have to wait for a long time to do the clinical placement?

I'm actually from Singapore.

To Tkaur, I used the Mosby's comprehensive book for crne and funadamentals of nursing Canadian edition for review. I'm sure you will do just fine.

I've got both those books I believe so I'm trying to pick out the relevant information , thankyou for the encouragement

Tina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.