Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Recruiting in Vancouver from the UK

Recruiting in Vancouver from the UK

Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recruiting in Vancouver from the UK

Originally Posted by el_richo
Maybe not the answers they were looking for
Maybe they just haven't read them yet. I'm going to be positive and hope that's the case, rather than the OP not saying thank you for the advice they've been given.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Ajster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant future

Wow, you really are nasty bunch of folks on this forum. Thank God the other expat forums are not like this, despite them being smaller.

If I could bring your attention back to my original post - I asked people if they knew any companies who were recruiting from overseas. I'm not actually too sure if anyone gave me the answer to that.

Once again, I'm aware of all my imigration options.

For thoses of you who are actually interested, both my partner and I have had some interviews via skype/phone since my first post and both in our desired roles!

We've just recently come back from 2 weeks in Vancouver and shall be heading off again soon.

Doubt i'll be seeing if anyone on here wants to meet up for a beer to be honest!
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ajster
Wow, you really are nasty bunch of folks on this forum.
There you go, see I know you'd be back to say thank you very much everybody that has taken the time to help you, particularly Flossie and Jim and 4Bells who gave very pertinent advice as they've been there/done that.

Oh, wait...............

Seriously, re-read the responses. Not one person on this thread was nasty, until your final post.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Ajster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant future

Why should I thank people who haven't given me any good advice? Nor the advice that I wanted?
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:28 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, you really are nasty bunch of folks on this forum. Thank God the other expat forums are not like this, despite them being smaller.

If I could bring your attention back to my original post - I asked people if they knew any companies who were recruiting from overseas. I'm not actually too sure if anyone gave me the answer to that.

Once again, I'm aware of all my imigration options.

For thoses of you who are actually interested, both my partner and I have had some interviews via skype/phone since my first post and both in our desired roles!

We've just recently come back from 2 weeks in Vancouver and shall be heading off again soon.

Doubt i'll be seeing if anyone on here wants to meet up for a beer to be honest!
Well i wish you all the luck in the world
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Why should I thank people who haven't given me any good advice? Nor the advice that I wanted?
So you don't think Flossie and Jim's post warrants a thank you? Or 4 Bells? Both of whom took the time to give you their advice as ex-planners who tried to get work in Canada?

It's a public forum, you don't get to only have advice 'you wanted' (nobody gave you names of companies that are hiring from overseas, presumably because there aren't any!), but everybody on the thread tried to help you. Nobody got nasty, nobody called you names, but everybody shared their experiences and advice.

I'm gobsmacked you've seen it so negatively tbh, and surprised at your name calling and aggression.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

And that el_richo does deserve a thank-you! I don't even care if you don't mean it or were being sarcastic. I'll always be polite to those who are to me.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:30 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

And that el_richo does deserve a thank-you! I don't even care if you don't mean it or were being sarcastic. I'll always be polite to those who are to me.
No i do mean it.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

I'm sorry - you must have missed the points about my rose tinted glasses being shattered, denial being a river in Egypt? and that we may as well not bother if we're planners!
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:33 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry - I'm not remotely interested in meeting you either.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 28th 2012 at 3:37 pm. Reason: Name calling removed
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:34 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry - you must have missed the points about my rose tinted glasses being shattered, denial being a river in Egypt? and that we may as well not bother if we're planners!
the people here told you the truth
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Good stuff :-) In fact, I think you were the person who offered me the least advice and support on this forum.

And the mods think no-one gets nasty?

I've not shouted the odds :-)
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I'll always be polite to those who are to me.
So calling everybody that posted on this thread a 'nasty bunch of folk' is your idea of polite is it?

Nobody was rude apart from you, the comments about rose tinted glasses are not a personal attack but just general advice - you were the only one that has called anybody names.

I would ask you to re-read the Newcomers to the Forum sticky thread (link in my signature), thx.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 28th 2012 at 3:38 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

I find the word offensive - Sorry!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 28th 2012 at 3:41 pm. Reason: So do I, that's why I removed it.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

What happened here? I tried to post and couldn't as it was closed, now it is open again.

Newbies v. old timers is always going to end in tears

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.