Lunar Eclipse

Old Oct 29th 2004, 1:23 am
Glaswegian

Default Re: Lunar Eclipse

Originally Posted by willmore
Are you kidding me about the deep-fried mars bars......McGrouch told us that he had invented the idea.....now I find out the truth about that guy......(and he's not here to defend himself.....hehehe)......
Don't think I claimed to have invented the idea ... my idea was a work from home business farming belly button lint.

Never tried a fried mars bar - it was after my time - but I do remember things like deep fried pizza, deep fried haggis, deep fried pies .... do you see some sort of pattern here?

Old Oct 29th 2004, 1:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Don't think I claimed to have invented the idea ... my idea was a work from home business farming belly button lint.

Never tried a fried mars bar - it was after my time - but I do remember things like deep fried pizza, deep fried haggis, deep fried pies .... do you see some sort of pattern here?
That Scottish people are not only grouchy but like deep fried food as well?

Glad to see that you still alive and well
Old Oct 29th 2004, 3:58 am
Account Closed

Sean Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point

The moon just turned a bit red didn't it or did I go out at the wrong time?
I mean I didn't see any sharp edged shadow from the earth moving across it's face. I kept on looking at the Milky Way as it was a lot more impressive.

Can anybody answer this question . . . why does the moon look so HUGE when it first appears over the horizon, it looked about 4 times the size as when it was high in the sky? I think it's something to do with the atmosphere.

Ta

Sean
Old Oct 29th 2004, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Higgy is on a distinguished road

I havnt seen the deep fried mars bars on sale for a while now but yes, unbelievably, they did do it.
Something that might be friendlier on the ole teeth than frozen mars bars is the mars bar ice cream bar along with all the other sweets like bounty twix etc. they sell them as ice cream bars now too and they are a wee bit good

Im afraid im a bit of a chocoholic. Need to stop eating the damn stuff and maybe see my six pack again. lol (wife saw me typing this and walked away laughing, said only six pack i will see is from the offsales.beerstore)
She could be right
Old Oct 29th 2004, 11:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=Sean Boxer]The moon just turned a bit red didn't it or did I go out at the wrong time?
I mean I didn't see any sharp edged shadow from the earth moving across it's face. I kept on looking at the Milky Way as it was a lot more impressive.

I think the trick is to actually have your eyes open.......

Old Oct 29th 2004, 11:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=Higgy]

Well, when McGrouch first mentioned it....I really thought he was just teasing me......until I realized he was actually serious about it.....so we tried to get him to start the trend here and see what type of response he would get......but no takers I'm afraid.....

The trick is to eat the frozen mars bar with a coffee.....absolute afternoon delight......mars bars are so smooth that there's no chance of breaking a tooth....and so smooth going down......I had to hid the open bag of mars bars in the freezer so my husband won't find it.....he's not a choco and doesn't understand the frenzy I go through sometimes.....going to have to go out today and buy another bag as I think this one will be gone before the big day.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 11:47 am
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

What about deep fried Cadbury's Eggs ? or was that just in the North of England?

I remember whilst living in Lancashire, some friends from daan saarf visited, and were determined to try ones of the local "delicacies", a chip butty. You should have seen the disappointment on their faces when they got served LOL

"what you mean it's just chips in bread???"
Old Oct 29th 2004, 12:47 pm
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by Sean Boxer
The moon just turned a bit red didn't it or did I go out at the wrong time?
You had to be out earlier to see the moon 'eaten' ... there are two parts to the earth's shadow ... the penumbra and the umbra ... the penumbra started to cross the moon around 7pm MST, the umbra turned the moon red closer to 8pm MST.

Originally Posted by Sean Boxer
Can anybody answer this question . . . why does the moon look so HUGE when it first appears over the horizon, it looked about 4 times the size as when it was high in the sky? I think it's something to do with the atmosphere.
It's all about perspective ... near the horizon you have buildings, trees, etc to compare it to, so it looks big ... once it's high in the sky, it's a little white disk floating in a big, black empty space.

Old Oct 29th 2004, 12:53 pm
Glaswegian

That Scottish people are not only grouchy but like deep fried food as well?
You fry it, they'll eat it.

Glad to see that you still alive and well
Working way too hard these days ... plus I've given up on the deep fried food, so I'll probably live a bit longer too ...

Old Oct 29th 2004, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by SirTainly
What about deep fried Cadbury's Eggs ? or was that just in the North of England?

I remember whilst living in Lancashire, some friends from daan saarf visited, and were determined to try ones of the local "delicacies", a chip butty. You should have seen the disappointment on their faces when they got served LOL

"what you mean it's just chips in bread???"
Are you kidding me....deep friend Cadbury's Eggs......we have Cadbury's Eggs in Canada but not deep fried......we miss everything.....did you try them?
Old Oct 29th 2004, 3:29 pm
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

Are you kidding me....deep friend Cadbury's Eggs......we have Cadbury's Eggs in Canada but not deep fried......we miss everything.....did you try them?
No I never had one, the mere thought of eating one turned me green around the gills

Next you'll be telling me you don't get served curry sauce with your chip-shop chips in Canada too! What about mushy peas ?
Old Oct 29th 2004, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

No I never had one, the mere thought of eating one turned me green around the gills

Next you'll be telling me you don't get served curry sauce with your chip-shop chips in Canada too! What about mushy peas ?
hee hee! I haven't seen curry sauce or peas of any kind in our area of BC. Brown sauce, malt vinegar, chipsteak dinners, haggis, etc. may be a tough call too!

We're just back from Scotland this week... already going through Haddock withdrawals.

Cheers

Oggy

(add on: Oh and the eclipse was beautiful sight - nice clear evening for viewing!)

Last edited by NessieOggy; Oct 29th 2004 at 3:47 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Being the choco that I am.....I could be tempted.....

Nope....at least not in BC.......but then who ever heard of not having ketchup with scrambled eggs.....like we found on our last trip to the UK.

As far as mushy peas.....well, only if you get a fork like my kids.....and mush them yourself.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 3:58 pm
The Green Engine

Nope....at least not in BC.......but then who ever heard of not having ketchup with scrambled eggs.....like we found on our last trip to the UK.

As far as mushy peas.....well, only if you get a fork like my kids.....and mush them yourself.
Yeah we have ketchup with scrambled eggs, and with omlettes, at least my family have...which may be explain a lot I know. That said my mother made me marmite and cheese sandwiches as a child too, now it would probably be illegal under the heading of child abuse.

Looks like I'm going to have to be sent food aid parcels !!

And you can't make mushy peas using a fork, here's how: http://www.wight.co.uk/food/recipes.99/11.99/

Nessie, I won't be missing Haggis, the only king of the puddin race I ever had exploded just as I was about to cook it. :scared:

Last edited by SirTainly; Oct 29th 2004 at 4:00 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
You fry it, they'll eat it.

Working way too hard these days ... plus I've given up on the deep fried food, so I'll probably live a bit longer too ...
I know......it's really tough getting out of that comfortable chair to turn the channel on the TV

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.