Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How to find rented accommodation?

How to find rented accommodation?

Old Jan 6th 2011, 10:09 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to find rented accommodation?

Originally Posted by delsol79
Yea sure, I just meant it might work out cheaper to stay in a "holiday rental" for a few weeks than a hotel to use as a base to explore and find more permanent accomodation.
We have managed to get a temporary room arranged for shortly after we arrive to cover us for the first few weeks so hopefully that should be OK until we can find something a bit more fixed.

I think we may just have to settle for some sort of house share to be honest. Thanks for all of your help though, it's really appreciated. I don't think I truly realised how terrifying all of this was until it really started to dawn on me over the Christmas holiday.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 10:34 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
We have managed to get a temporary room arranged for shortly after we arrive to cover us for the first few weeks so hopefully that should be OK until we can find something a bit more fixed.

I think we may just have to settle for some sort of house share to be honest. Thanks for all of your help though, it's really appreciated. I don't think I truly realised how terrifying all of this was until it really started to dawn on me over the Christmas holiday.
We have rented an out of season holiday rental for the first couple of months. Since the place was going to be empty anyway the owners agreed to less than half the normal winter rate. It's still better than nothing for them and the place is being kept aired and looked after.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 10:35 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
We have rented an out of season holiday rental for the first couple of months. Since the place was going to be empty anyway the owners agreed to less than half the normal winter rate. It's still better than nothing for them and the place is being kept aired and looked after.
It also means we have a fully furnished place until our container turns up; by which time we should have found a more permanent place.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Flyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really nice

Originally Posted by JB0591
I found the same until i signed up for a Yahoo.ca email address.....using this for Kijiji did the trick and I got responses.

Cheers

JB
Wow, thanks, I will try that! Stupid KIJIJI. Each time it came up with a wee notice that said your e-mail has been sent - Grrrrr!