Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Honesty is the best policy

Honesty is the best policy

Old Feb 28th 2012, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

bigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nice
Default Honesty is the best policy

I think that when people are making life changing decisions they should be told the truth so they really know what they are getting in to...Canada is a beautiful country and can be a great place to live and i am in no doubt it will be the best decision that some people could make...BUT let people make the choice on honest information,,, I read posts on here of people coming here as there is a shortage of people in blah blah trade ,,only to be told once they get here hmm not Canadian licensed ,,,no Canadian experience .
It is not cheap to live here,,car insurance through the roof,,,,petrol is cheap but you will use a lot more so chances are you will spend more on petrol,,repairs to your vehicle are through the roof,,,,I am city and guilds trained mechanic and can not work here in that field ,,,I get quotes for repairs and can always do them myself in a third of the time they quote.
In the area I live job losses are in the hundreds on a weekly basis ,,shops closing ,companies just locking the doors without warning and i live in the GTA area.
Ontario is $214 + billion in debt and climbing people are not spending .
So what i am saying is let people know the facts so they can make an educated decision as to whether to uproot and move here,,,it is a great country but it is not paradise
Old Feb 28th 2012, 2:46 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Honesty is the best policy

Isnt facts, as seen by the people posting them, what we do here

Where are you by the way, on the subject of facts?
Old Feb 28th 2012, 2:48 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

The facts are alive and well and on this forum. All that you have said has been said numorous times a week on here.

If anyone wants a balance view of life in Canada then this is the most honest place to seek them, good and bad. Imo
Old Feb 28th 2012, 2:50 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigals
I think that when people are making life changing decisions they should be told the truth so they really know what they are getting in to...Canada is a beautiful country and can be a great place to live and i am in no doubt it will be the best decision that some people could make...BUT let people make the choice on honest information,,, I read posts on here of people coming here as there is a shortage of people in blah blah trade ,,only to be told once they get here hmm not Canadian licensed ,,,no Canadian experience .
It is not cheap to live here,,car insurance through the roof,,,,petrol is cheap but you will use a lot more so chances are you will spend more on petrol,,repairs to your vehicle are through the roof,,,,I am city and guilds trained mechanic and can not work here in that field ,,,I get quotes for repairs and can always do them myself in a third of the time they quote.
In the area I live job losses are in the hundreds on a weekly basis ,,shops closing ,companies just locking the doors without warning and i live in the GTA area.
Ontario is $214 + billion in debt and climbing people are not spending .
So what i am saying is let people know the facts so they can make an educated decision as to whether to uproot and move here,,,it is a great country but it is not paradise
Which is largely what happens on here. Some come on like you who have met problems and are disillusioned, some don't do enough research, others have misfortune or unforeseeable circumstances, some bring it on themselves. Pretty much anything that can happen, happens to somebody. Others get given good information, think they know best (some never having been to Canada) then get a reality check.

Then there are others who have persevered, done well and are satisfied with their lot, despite a few ups and downs and even some who do well from the start. A lot is about attitude.

This is an open forum where anyone can post views, I would certainly not have depended on it to make a moving decision, but it is good to see others views and take it for what it is.

Last edited by Aviator; Feb 28th 2012 at 2:57 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

bigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nice

Originally Posted by iaink
Isnt facts, as seen by the people posting them, what we do here

Where are you by the way, on the subject of facts?
I lived in Ancaster Hamilton area now living in Sarnia
Old Feb 28th 2012, 2:56 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Ancaster Hamilton area now living in Sarnia
Sarnia is NOT in the GTA?
Old Feb 28th 2012, 2:58 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
I had a bacon sarnia this morning, that was pretty good!
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

The facts are alive and well and on this forum. All that you have said has been said numorous times a week on here.

If anyone wants a balance view of life in Canada then this is the most honest place to seek them, good and bad. Imo
Yes i agree this is the best place to get the facts....my argument is not with this site ,,its with the picture painted by the Government of how good things are here
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Aviator
I had a bacon sarnia this morning, that was pretty good!
You reminded me. I went to a RC plane swop meet in Whitby, like a car boot sale for planes, and had a bacon and egg barm. OMG it was heaven, proper nice peameal bacon. Lol
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:03 pm

Yes i agree this is the best place to get the facts....my argument is not with this site ,,its with the picture painted by the Government of how good things are here
ohh

No comment then. Boffin thread. Not for me, by by. ;-)
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

I know but i have only just moved to Sarnia,,,I have spend 10 years in the Golden horseshoe
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

I hear as much negative as I do positive about Canada, I guess you need to consider the source when listening / reading things. I urge anyone who considers moving somewhere else to do their research. To believe that anywhere's going to be a cheap, wonderful paradise is foolish...
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

nerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nice

Always sorry to hear about people who are struggling. I hope things get better for you.

I am city and guilds trained mechanic and can not work here in that field
I am not C&G qualified and have no reason to know anything about this qualification, and yet somehow, without even actively looking for this info, I know that C&G means nothing in Canada. Whoever gave you the impression it would be OK was very, very wrong, but surely, the responsibility is with you to double check this prior to emigrating?

I'd say if anything, I tend to read more cautionary stories than anything on this forum. Anyone still going with tainted glasses after spending time on here is an eternal optimist
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

An_Idiot_Abroad is just really niceAn_Idiot_Abroad is just really niceAn_Idiot_Abroad is just really niceAn_Idiot_Abroad is just really niceAn_Idiot_Abroad is just really niceAn_Idiot_Abroad is just really niceAn_Idiot_Abroad is just really niceAn_Idiot_Abroad is just really nice

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
I hear as much negative as I do positive about Canada, I guess you need to consider the source when listening / reading things. I urge anyone who considers moving somewhere else to do their research. To believe that anywhere's going to be a cheap, wonderful paradise is foolish...
And plus the fact that most people who are happy with their lives are getting on with it and not posting on here asking for advice/complaining.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Well no Government is going to advertise their country as a shithole, no jobs, expensive prices etc etc.
How do the UK advertise their country? If its so good why are so many wanting to come here or vice verca?
Yes honesty is the best policy but sometimes people dont want to listen and by then sometimes its to late.
Due dilligence and do your own research.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.