Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Honesty is the best policy

Honesty is the best policy

Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:29 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Honesty is the best policy

Originally Posted by bigals
I lived in Ancaster Hamilton area now living in Sarnia
How long have you been here, and cant you challenge the red seal exams with your C&G and experience?

Having said that I know an experienced licensed canadian born millwright whos been looking for a job for ages, the economy is hurting.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:34 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toleero84
And plus the fact that most people who are happy with their lives are getting on with it and not posting on here asking for advice/complaining.
We see this from time to time but I don't think it's supportable. It seems to me to be at least as likely that British immigrants who don't post here are unable to afford access to the internet, live in parts of Canada where there is no internet or have given up on Canada and on life and done away with themselves.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Or there again they just dont know BE exists
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

When making an educated decision, it is best not to just rely on one source, And always take whatever a government to you says with a pinch of salt. They are trying to sell Canada and like any good salesperson they try to gloss over a few things.

That said for me Canada has lived up to the promises, and where I am car insurance is quite reasonable. I have a mechanic whose costs are quite fair. And I have found many people willing to accept my qualifications and experience. But I guess I've been lucky.

It is not paradise, but I never expected it to be.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

bigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nice

Originally Posted by iaink
How long have you been here, and cant you challenge the red seal exams with your C&G and experience?

Having said that I know an experienced licensed canadian born millwright whos been looking for a job for ages, the economy is hurting.
I have been here 11 years ,I tried to challenge the red seal when i first moved here,but ended up getting employment in construction and have continued in that field
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

bigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nice

Originally Posted by britsnake
When making an educated decision, it is best not to just rely on one source, And always take whatever a government to you says with a pinch of salt. They are trying to sell Canada and like any good salesperson they try to gloss over a few things.

That said for me Canada has lived up to the promises, and where I am car insurance is quite reasonable. I have a mechanic whose costs are quite fair. And I have found many people willing to accept my qualifications and experience. But I guess I've been lucky.

It is not paradise, but I never expected it to be.
I am truly pleased it has worked out for you,as i said in my original post for some this is a great move,
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:41 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigals
I have been here 11 years ,I tried to challenge the red seal when i first moved here,but ended up getting employment in construction and have continued in that field
Surely you would be alot better off persevering at the red seal and working as a mechanic?
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Surely you would be alot better off persevering at the red seal and working as a mechanic?
In hindsight yes,but i was running out of money and construction job stemmed the flow,and since then a lot of things have happened but that is another story
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Or there again they just dont know BE exists
you have hit the nail on the head,,
Old Feb 28th 2012, 4:24 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Facts are not always popular on this site
What is popular is personal perspectives, or opinions being touted as facts..
We also have a few loaded agendas on here that also skew the data

We have the;
not here yet, the UK is bad Canada must be better group
I’m doing for my kids future and a better life
Both of which will focus only on the positives and berate and attempt to dismiss the negative

Then we have the;
Just arrived and seeing it with £’s and not $$’s although that is less impactful in the last few years
The all pumped and ready to start a new life rose colored glasses brigade
Not having hit road bump yet or lost the novelty of it all seem to show a lot of support for the postive aspects and can be dimissive of the neagtives

Then to counter we get;
The hit a bump, lost my first job, can’t find a job, monies run out group, dicoverd the health service or lack of it
They have no choice but to see the shitter side of Canadian life as they get to live it first hand.. totaly focused on why this place is a dump and can't grasp that there may be a positive to the place

These IMHO tend to be the majority of the members at any one time

There are however a few been here a while, are I’m staying and for good reason, the problem is most of these move on, only a handful stay fortunately it would seem that the mixed opinions seem to give a realistic impression when average out as a group….

In my opinion if you want facts, ignore the first three groups on here,

If however your looking for support for your own opinion or a group hug.. They’re a great place to go, the information is free and worth just as much!

Last edited by MikeUK; Feb 28th 2012 at 4:28 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 4:47 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by MikeUK
Facts are not always popular on this site
What is popular is personal perspectives, or opinions being touted as facts..
We also have a few loaded agendas on here that also skew the data

We have the;
not here yet, the UK is bad Canada must be better group
I’m doing for my kids future and a better life
Both of which will focus only on the positives and berate and attempt to dismiss the negative

Then we have the;
Just arrived and seeing it with £’s and not $$’s although that is less impactful in the last few years
The all pumped and ready to start a new life rose colored glasses brigade
Not having hit road bump yet or lost the novelty of it all seem to show a lot of support for the postive aspects and can be dimissive of the neagtives

Then to counter we get;
The hit a bump, lost my first job, can’t find a job, monies run out group, dicoverd the health service or lack of it
They have no choice but to see the shitter side of Canadian life as they get to live it first hand.. totaly focused on why this place is a dump and can't grasp that there may be a positive to the place

These IMHO tend to be the majority of the members at any one time

There are however a few been here a while, are I’m staying and for good reason, the problem is most of these move on, only a handful stay fortunately it would seem that the mixed opinions seem to give a realistic impression when average out as a group….

In my opinion if you want facts, ignore the first three groups on here,

If however your looking for support for your own opinion or a group hug.. They’re a great place to go, the information is free and worth just as much!
A reasonable summary that misses only the "Tried it for a while, it didnt work out, went back to the motherland" group, but they either dont post any more or stay close to the moving back to the UK forum..

Id have stopped posting long ago if I had any self control

The problem with coming here for a group hug or validation of your choices is you are likely to be assaulted over the head by posters in the opposite corner while thats going on!
Old Feb 28th 2012, 5:00 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

A reasonable summary that misses only the "Tried it for a while, it didnt work out, went back to the motherland" group, but they either dont post any more or stay close to the moving back to the UK forum..
Good point,…..

This should be followed by;
This group can usually be found in the moving back to the UK forum, worth a read but keep in perspective, it not the home of good solid reliable facts but often has harsh opinions but they are often about real life events.....

Never did understand why you became a moderator..I put it down to a momentary lapse in judgment
I come and go as the moods suit me, or if the level of diatribe in the mire that is BE rises enough..
Old Feb 28th 2012, 5:25 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

I come and go as the moods suit me, or if the level of diatribe in the mire that is BE rises enough..
Me too, just dont tell anyone

I was asked to help out, someone has to do it, and this way I dont get to be pissed off at the wildly inconsistent application of the rules by whoever is in charge.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 5:29 pm
Part Time Poster

, and this way I dont get to be pissed off at the wildly inconsistent application of the rules by whoever is in charge.
Well you can hardly be pissed off at yourself, no matter how inconsistent you get...
Old Feb 28th 2012, 5:30 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Well you can hardly be pissed off at yourself, no matter how inconsistent you get...
Yup, its sucks to be you lot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.